Multiplayer

2»

Comments

• 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    edited January 2017
    DrownedOut wrote: »

In all fairness, Cory Strader has said on Discord a day or two ago that mp still is somewhat a possibility. A very, very, very low one in a way that it's right the devs flatout deny it, but still a possibility. Although, and not to be a Strader hater, but just sometimes I get some Molyneux Lite vibes from all the things he says are still possible.
    I felt the need to step in and clarify this comment, since this is how rumors and, later, accusations start, about what devs "promised". I very clearly stated in Discord that mp was not ever...ever...going to be in the game for 1.0. I said it was something we would POSSIBLY investigate AFTER 1.0, but that it was a massive ton of work, and we certainly were making no promises about mp ever being in SN.

Given the amount of time I spend in Discord answering questions and giving people in there a behind the scenes look into game development, it seems a pretty low blow to drop a Molyneux comment in reference to me (at least in the way that it was intended in the comment ), since I've never promised something we didn't deliver on. And if I say something is a possibility, I mean it. And when it's not a possibility, I am clear about that, as well.

I meant the ML comment as a harmless joke. I acknowledge this is not how it was received (and looking back, even without the response, I probably would have changed the wording. Seemed funny last night, doesn't this morning) and I offer my apologies for that. If this is not sufficient to undo the damage, I am open to instructions how to elaborate on it.

The atmosphere of this thread probably didn't help matters any. =pokes at the tension in the thread with his survival knife=
  • Squeal_Like_A_PigSqueal_Like_A_Pig Janitor Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 66Members, Super Administrators, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Developer, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Developer
    I meant the ML comment as a harmless joke. I acknowledge this is not how it was received (and looking back, even without the response, I probably would have changed the wording. Seemed funny last night, doesn't this morning) and I offer my apologies for that. If this is not sufficient to undo the damage, I am open to instructions how to elaborate on it.
    Ha, no worries :smiley:
This discussion has been closed.