Darn it...

0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
Attempted to respond to all of these necro threads with :necro: (hey, I was bored).

148llk3.png

Comments

• EnglishInfidelEnglishInfidel Canada Join Date: 2016-07-04 Member: 219533Members
    Banned for being a hero.

Unlucky.
  • zbott105zbott105 Join Date: 2017-01-02 Member: 225902Members
    Responding to necro threads will just make it worst. It's best to just ignore it
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    zbott105 wrote: »
    Responding to necro threads will just make it worst. It's best to just ignore it

Wait, you're actually human?

Prove you aren't a bot trying to get a high post count so you can spam -- what was your favorite moment in Subnautica so far, and name two YouTube streamers that stream Subnautica. (You can look that up pretty easily if you're not a bot.)
  • bwc153bwc153 Shawnee, KS, US Join Date: 2016-02-29 Member: 213659Members

Then why Necro in the first place...?
  • starkaosstarkaos Join Date: 2016-03-31 Member: 215139Members
    0x6A7232 wrote: »

Prove you aren't a bot trying to get a high post count so you can spam -- what was your favorite moment in Subnautica so far, and name two YouTube streamers that stream Subnautica. (You can look that up pretty easily if you're not a bot.)

Just because a bot can respond doesn't make it human. How can anyone be sure that anyone we encounter on the internet is not a bot or figment of our imagination? Or players that we encounter in multiplayer games are not npcs with varying levels of AI?
    True, but programming a bot that could do what I asked on request would take a bit of work. I'm assuming someone making a spambot wouldn't spend that amount of time.
    edited January 2017

@0x6A7232 I can prove that I'm not a bot by responding. That's enough proof. :)

But can you prove that you are not a figment of my imagination?
  • EnglishInfidelEnglishInfidel Canada Join Date: 2016-07-04 Member: 219533Members
    edited January 2017
    starkaos wrote: »

Am I imagining him too, or are you imagining me also?

Either way, the burden of proof falls upon you, to prove that he is. He doesn't have to prove a thing. You do, because it's impossible to prove a negative.

Not really. Coding that response would be trivial. Something along the lines of:

If {reply to thread} contains the words {prove or proof and bot}, reply with one of {list of canned "I'm a real boy!" responses}

Am I imagining him too, or are you imagining me also?

Either way, the burden of proof falls upon you, to prove that he is. He doesn't have to prove a thing. You do, because it's impossible to prove a negative.

*cough* I guess a better way to phrase it is:

Prove that you are, in fact, human.

When someone resurrects 20+ long-dead threads with one-word responses (and most of them the same!), I tend to get a little suspicious, I don't know about you.
  • HiSaZuLHiSaZuL N.Y. Join Date: 2016-11-11 Member: 223803Members
    Obraxis is going to have a field day with this guy... and someone is probably going to get a forum ban.
    When someone resurrects 20+ long-dead threads with one-word responses (and most of them the same!), I tend to get a little suspicious, I don't know about you.

Really I have no clue, I know very little about bots and I'm sure they've got much better over the years.
    My only question is, if this is a bot, what is it's purpose, what would a bot be doing on a Subnautica forum resurrecting ancient threads? Seems like a waste of an AI.

Really I have no clue, I know very little about bots and I'm sure they've got much better over the years.
    My only question is, if this is a bot, what is it's purpose, what would a bot be doing on a Subnautica forum resurrecting ancient threads? Seems like a waste of an AI.

It got a reaction out of some of us and that is likely all the main account wanted or a social experiment to see how quickly it takes to get banned by doing a relatively harmless activity. Have the zbott account take the brunt of the anger and the main account is kept clean of any potential problems.

Not really. Coding that response would be trivial. Something along the lines of:

If {reply to thread} contains the words {prove or proof and bot}, reply with one of {list of canned "I'm a real boy!" responses}

@0x6A7232 When you talk to a bot they usually respond the second you posted the comment.
    But if that's still not enough proof you can ask me a question that a bot couldn't answer.

@0x6A7232 When you talk to a bot they usually respond the second you posted the comment.
    But if that's still not enough proof you can ask me a question that a bot couldn't answer.

edited January 2017
    Side note: If anyone wants to take a look at a really clever conversation bot (we're nearly positive, anyways), take a look at judgefloro here (posts are sorted newest to oldest, so to view from the beginning, click the last page in the results). It hasn't been banned as it has only posted harmless stuff.

• HiSaZuLHiSaZuL N.Y. Join Date: 2016-11-11 Member: 223803Members
    edited January 2017

It got a reaction out of some of us and that is likely all the main account wanted or a social experiment to see how quickly it takes to get banned by doing a relatively harmless activity. Have the zbott account take the brunt of the anger and the main account is kept clean of any potential problems.

Unless what you ban is not an account, or ip(largely useless for precise bans anyway) but instead hardware id keys(I'd image there are ways to fake them or change them but it is still a much more hurtful way to ban an average person). Want another account? Have fun buying a new computer.
  • kbot420kbot420 Join Date: 2017-01-02 Member: 225901Members
    edited January 2017
  • DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NY Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Members
    edited January 2017
    I'm not human... either.

multfilm-minion-minon.jpg

B)

My favorite moment is the AA gun. And mark and jack play subnautica.
    BTW @0x6A7232 what makes you think I'm a bot. Is it the name?
    edited January 2017
    BTW @0x6A7232 what makes you think I'm a bot. Is it the name?

Your mostly one (and mostly the same one) word responses to about 20 threads in like 10 minutes.

But you have me convinced now.

EDIT: I should say, you have me convinced you are human.
  • TenebrousNovaTenebrousNova England Join Date: 2015-12-23 Member: 210206Members
    Report and move on.