Multi-Structured/Mergeable Moonpools

YouKnowMeYouKnowMe Planet 4546B Join Date: 2015-04-15 Member: 203468Members
edited December 2016 in Ideas and Suggestions
Once I was playing Subnautica, and I was looking at my PRAWN Suit in my moonpool, and thought, "How would this look if it was completely pulled out of the water?" then the idea of multi-structured/mergeable moonpools came to mind.

This is one of many idea's and improvements I have for Subnautica (one of them being the Cyclops having the ability to "strafe"), the initial idea is to make a bigger moonpool, i.e. 2 on top of each other to safely house your PRAWN Suit, or 4 in a square pattern with 2 or 3 layers in height to safely house your Cyclops or repair it's exterior (and add a disgusting tasting coating to prevent those Lava Larvae from draining your power), and maybe some different combinations for any future vehicles (if any), point is, it'll mostly be cosmetic and maybe as I said used for protecting your leftover vehicles (but you'll probably use the Cyclops a lot), and maybe some other uses, if you know any other uses for this, post them and I'll try to read and maybe reply to them, and probably put them after these lines

List of uses:
  • Cosmetic
  • Protection of vehicles
  • Permanent upgrades installation (if coming) and animations
  • Alternative vehicle construction
  • More to come (hopefully)

Comments

• VaarelVaarel Join Date: 2016-12-27 Member: 225578Members
    This would be great since you have to build multiple moonpools for the prawn and seamoth, would be cool if they were docked side by side in 1 big room.
  • smellslikebleachsmellslikebleach Join Date: 2016-12-22 Member: 225337Members
    Yes! That's what I want...maybe with an extra bridge / connection to the cyclops
  • TheLordEternalTheLordEternal The Earth Join Date: 2015-08-07 Member: 206851Members
    Perhaps when you expand your moonpool you could gain the ability to construct vehicles inside of it?
    It would be rather useful to be able to make new vehicles deep down, So that you aren't reliant on surfacing every time you need to construct another.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    edited December 2016
    Perhaps when you expand your moonpool you could gain the ability to construct vehicles inside of it?
    It would be rather useful to be able to make new vehicles deep down, So that you aren't reliant on surfacing every time you need to construct another.

Only if you can board them and put in their depth upgrades before launching them...
  • YouKnowMeYouKnowMe Planet 4546B Join Date: 2015-04-15 Member: 203468Members

I already had the idea to make an alternative way of building vehicles, I just didn't know what or how, so I took my opportunity and thought this would be the perfect way
  • DominantReverseDominantReverse North Yorkshire, UK Join Date: 2016-12-29 Member: 225698Members
    YouKnowMe wrote: »
    one of them being the Cyclops having the ability to "strafe"
    Really a submarine or ship the Cyclops' size would have bow thrusters, so it's silly the Cyclops doesn't