Can the reaper leviathan hurt the PRAWN? + 1 other subject

Xxcookid123xXXxcookid123xX USA Join Date: 2016-12-05 Member: 224587Members
First subject: Can the reaper leviathan hurt the PRAWN? I just got it and I am overloaded with power to kill the leviathan because killing stalkers and gasopods with a few hits feels good.

Second subject: Am I the only one who got the prawn before getting a single seaglide fragment? I couldn't find a single seaglide fragment until a large wreck I found in the kelp forest, it had several stillsuit fragments so I got free titanium along with the seaglide, 2 seaglide fragments, and something else that i already had.

Comments

• HiSaZuLHiSaZuL N.Y. Join Date: 2016-11-11 Member: 223803Members
    Yes. About 15-20% damage per grab. PRAWN is pretty durable.

Seaglide has always been plentiful in shallows as random loot. Unless it's some new experimental rework.
  • RezcaRezca United States Join Date: 2016-04-28 Member: 216078Members
    The seaglide is still pretty common. If you spot little cargo boxes on the seafloor, take a look inside them. You'll often find a seaglide fragment nestled inside.
  • subnauticambriansubnauticambrian U.S. Join Date: 2016-01-19 Member: 211679Members
  • HiSaZuLHiSaZuL N.Y. Join Date: 2016-11-11 Member: 223803Members
    I'm not sure why people want seaglide. By the time you can actually feed it, the thing taking a 3rd of your inventory and another 3rd of your inventory reserved for batteries... you will have much better options, that coincidentally don't waste any of your inventory space.
  • Xxcookid123xXXxcookid123xX USA Join Date: 2016-12-05 Member: 224587Members
    HiSaZuL wrote: »
    I'm not sure why people want seaglide. By the time you can actually feed it, the thing taking a 3rd of your inventory and another 3rd of your inventory reserved for batteries... you will have much better options, that coincidentally don't waste any of your inventory space.

Yeh, I almost never use it. I usually just use my seamoth all the time, and I don't even have a powercell charger! I can't find one :(
  • RezcaRezca United States Join Date: 2016-04-28 Member: 216078Members
    edited December 2016
    HiSaZuL wrote: »

I only really been using it for speeding back to my sources of air / submarines when diving, as opposed to being an actual source of transportation. Back before they nerfed the thing into and beneath the ground I would beeline for it so I could make quicker and relatively safer dives for Silver and Seamoth fragments before the Seamoth was made easier to obtain by sticking a lot of parts in the Aurora. I still do that now sure, but I've found it more fun and resource-effective to just make some pipes and dive down like that. Less batteries sacrificed that way.

• mndfreezemndfreeze Grand Tempe Reef Join Date: 2016-02-26 Member: 213456Members
    I also feel the seaglide is mostly useless. Even in the current experimental branch where they have staged your fragment discovery out a lot more, you still get the seamoth fairly early on and the seaglide just takes up WAY to much space to bother keeping. Other then the initial push before the seamoth to maybe get down to a grassy platues wreck near the start of the game it just isn't worth the space and battery consumption.

The seaglide definitely needs a revamp. It really needs to have its inventory size reduced, ideally to just a single slot and its battery life extended a bit. That would make it continue to be useful even in the late game, where as currently, it barely gets used even in the early game. Its downsides are to big early on and late game.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    SeaGlide just needs a space reduction. It should take as much space as an airtank I think (2x2, instead of the current 3x3).
  • saltyspeculasaltyspecula Join Date: 2016-12-20 Member: 225227Members
    Attempting surprise emergency brain surgery!

np1d7qxjujt7.jpg

Also, after this he pushed me through the ground and I fell all the way into the inactive lava zone. Had to hike all the way back to the surface.
  • subnauticambriansubnauticambrian U.S. Join Date: 2016-01-19 Member: 211679Members
    edited December 2016
    np1d7qxjujt7.jpg
    Also, after this he pushed me through the ground and I fell all the way into the inactive lava zone. Had to hike all the way back to the surface.

Again, that's like the definition of epic.
    edited December 2016

np1d7qxjujt7.jpg

What's up with the prawn falling through the ground? Also once again that's epic.
  • BDelacroixBDelacroix Florida Join Date: 2016-04-08 Member: 215511Members
    I use the seaglide temporarily while I find seamoth parts and later on when I drop off a seamoth or cyclops and want to quickly swim down to a node.
    I also use it to get out of wrecks quicker when my air is getting low.
  • OttiusOttius Join Date: 2016-12-26 Member: 225530Members
    Seaglide doesn't have a crush depth. Good luck using your Seamoth below 900.
    Ottius wrote: »

Prawn.
  • FrustratedFrustrated Join Date: 2016-11-04 Member: 223643Members
    Ottius wrote: »

Mine is 1000m?

I like the seaglide and carry it pretty much all the time. I have a base on the top of the lava castle, and use the seaglide to explore the area. Prawn is slow, and it's easier to change direction when you see a warper materialise in front of you!

• RainstormRainstorm Montreal (Quebec) Join Date: 2015-12-15 Member: 210003Members
    I've been a very long term fanboy of the Seaglide. Back then it wasnt using that much power so it wasnt that bad. Nowadays i just use it out of a habit, mostly early game to surface rapidly for air then dive right back to wrecks or scourring the seafloor.

Since i know exactly where to find the battery charger its not much of a problem to uphold the energy cost, specially with the swim charge fins, but i can certainly understand why other players might decide its way too much of a pain to use.