Grand Reef Gubernatorial Election

Comments

• phantomfinchphantomfinch West Philadelphia , born and raised on the playground is where I spent most of my days. Join Date: 2016-09-06 Member: 222128Members
    edited December 2016
    Jamezorg wrote: »
    We do not enjoy violence. We have a violent nature but we do not seek it. Not in this fashion anyway.

We will fight. But only if we are presented with a win-win offer from either side.

Reapers would be very useful in this war... could turn the tide either way. Offers are open; I do not fight with former enemies willy nilly.

Though in all honesty the Neo-Luddites have more in common with us than the Shoal.

Times are tough. We need some reinforcements, since although we have much in common the GCSC has the upper hand on us still. They have more land, they have greater numbers; they could overrun a Reaper in minutes due to their small size. They also have Warpers, and the Health/Safety organisation on their side. They could warp our men to the centre of a shoal, and end a Reaper quite quickly. If you could join us, it would give us a slight advantage that we would have had by tomorrow if this war hadn't broken out. We would have their biomes surrounded.

The GCSC has numbers, but the Reef Conglomerate has hope, and greatness. Join the conglomerate and find prosperity in all actions you take.

But I must ask SAHP if they are comfortable with the NVP joining this alliance we are forming.

A bit too slow, as the Shoal already offered me a position in their armies. But I favor the Neo-Luddites.

But the Shoal has offered me the Koosh Zone for aiding them. I require something of you. What can you offer the party that the Shoal hasn't? I don't trust the Shoal, and that gives you an advantage in this negotiation.

If you want the Koosh, you come right on over and take it. The second we spot one single red mandible you'll have your eyes torn out. I am not afraid to use all force I can muster. Including the one thing you're afraid of.

*aims G.U.N little closer to biome* whats that i cant hear you over our supperior firepower
  • JamezorgJamezorg United Kingdom Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216788Members
    We do not enjoy violence. We have a violent nature but we do not seek it. Not in this fashion anyway.

We will fight. But only if we are presented with a win-win offer from either side.

Reapers would be very useful in this war... could turn the tide either way. Offers are open; I do not fight with former enemies willy nilly.

Though in all honesty the Neo-Luddites have more in common with us than the Shoal.

Times are tough. We need some reinforcements, since although we have much in common the GCSC has the upper hand on us still. They have more land, they have greater numbers; they could overrun a Reaper in minutes due to their small size. They also have Warpers, and the Health/Safety organisation on their side. They could warp our men to the centre of a shoal, and end a Reaper quite quickly. If you could join us, it would give us a slight advantage that we would have had by tomorrow if this war hadn't broken out. We would have their biomes surrounded.

The GCSC has numbers, but the Reef Conglomerate has hope, and greatness. Join the conglomerate and find prosperity in all actions you take.

But I must ask SAHP if they are comfortable with the NVP joining this alliance we are forming.

A bit too slow, as the Shoal already offered me a position in their armies. But I favor the Neo-Luddites.

But the Shoal has offered me the Koosh Zone for aiding them. I require something of you. What can you offer the party that the Shoal hasn't? I don't trust the Shoal, and that gives you an advantage in this negotiation.

If you want the Koosh, you come right on over and take it. The second we spot one single red mandible you'll have your eyes torn out. I am not afraid to use all force I can muster. Including the one thing you're afraid of.

Stand down, we and the NVP have negotiated and we are now in a stable alliance. We want our unity to be strong, and do not want any in-fighting. Please; an army needs power and the NVP can provide this. You will be a great asset, with your mesmerising gaze, and N-LAP will disable any electronics they may possess.
  • phantomfinchphantomfinch West Philadelphia , born and raised on the playground is where I spent most of my days. Join Date: 2016-09-06 Member: 222128Members
    My Missile Hit One Of The Communist States. Due To The Size Of My Missiles The Damage Is Atleast The Entire State Ruined Along With Surrounding States Being Damaged.

But im afaid you damage was absorbed because of my shield of incorrect capitalisation

I use G.U.N of stfu i have a laser beam, go home kid. Its supper effective
    edited December 2016
    So right now were in stalemate.

Koosh cant attack cause il fire the gun.

Luddites cant attack cause il blow up the island and destroy their home.

NVP cant attack cause i can destroy the power station, sink the aurora and create a massive sinkhole.

So all the aces are in my hand. But the question is will i play the king or the jack.
  • SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members

NVP cant attack cause i can destroy the power station, sink the aurora and create a massive sinkhole.

So all the aces are in my hand. But the question is will i play the king or the jack.

Well this thread escalated quickly.

I suppose someone will have to do something drastic to get the us out of this one.
  • HiSaZuLHiSaZuL N.Y. Join Date: 2016-11-11 Member: 223803Members

I suppose someone will have to do something drastic to get the us out of this one.

Just press the drain switch already. This is what it's for anyway.
  • SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members
    So, whatever happened to the Peeper president? I feel like she could find a way to appease all sides. I guess Peeper representation must fall to @subnauticambrian, or I could if they still want to support the SAHP.

you want something drastic

pick a number btween 1 and 3

1 number for each threat and you shal pick who gets destroyed first
  • ResolutionBlazeResolutionBlaze The Dunes Join Date: 2016-04-06 Member: 215392Members
    edited December 2016

I don't think murder suicide is very smart.

And I don't think you want to die either. Because if you continue this demeaning and shameful way of war, we will make sure you suffer for a VERY long time.

Not to mention your choices WILL turn people against you if this gets out. So make the right call.
  • Julian1337331nailuJJulian1337331nailuJ The Grand Reef Gubtorial Election Or Something. Join Date: 2016-11-12 Member: 223824Members
    Well. Time To Spam My Planet Self Destruct System On The G.U.N. 200,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 Nuclear Missiles Will Be Launched. Causing The End Of The World. Goodbye Skrubs. You Will Never Be Seen Again.

And I don't think you want to die either. Because if you continue this demeaning and shameful way of war, we will make sure you suffer for a VERY long time.

Not to mention your choices WILL turn people against you if this gets out. So make the right call.

I will annex all that oppose me

And by the way resolution how would you like your people's stake? Medium rare or charred
  • Casual_PlayerCasual_Player That...is a really good question Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221875Members
    Dear members of the Council.

I've decided to wait no longer for permission to explore Aurora, it's wrecks, and these Precursor bases. I ask for compreehension from you once you realize what preliminary investigation has uncovered. I believe the representative of the N-LAP will be quite interested on this.

1. The Aurora.

The main reason for not waiting for a reply any longer, and rather take my chances going there and avoiding members of the NVP. There's a massive radiation leakage from Aurora, contaminating it's entire surrounding area and beyond. For some reason, the natives of this planet, both fauna and flora, don't appear to suffer from exposure to this event. I can't say the same for myself, however, for the dose of radiation is great enough to kill me if I'm exposed. But, there's no telling about what the radiation could do on long term to the denizens of this planet.

So, I took the initiative and boarded the Aurora. I can safely say the damage is catastrophic. And I also recommend for the members of the NVP to stop their scavenging operations and get clear of the Aurora, for it will surely fall right on their heads if it continues to lose what few integrity it has.

The Drive Room of the Aurora was damaged, and, with some time, I was able to repair enough the containment field of the engine, and, as a result, the automated systems of the fallen ship will start to filter the radiation. The process, according to the computer, will take 3 days from now to complete. May I also remind the NVP that the containment of the engine may break again if the hull of Aurora collapses due to the scavenging, and this next time, it may well be impossible to repair it.

I also found the Aurora Black Box. A Black Box is a device with ancient origins, devised to record any and everything happening on a ship during it's tour, so the information which one contains can be quite valuable, to determine the events surrounding an accident.

This is all the information I could gather from the system:

Initiated slingshot maneuver around planet 4546B*
    WARNING: High velocity energy pulse launched from planet surface
    Emergency distress signal sent to Alterra listening buoy
    Impact detected. Drive core shield compromised
    Lifepod bays on starboard side compromised
    Emergency evacuation initiated
    Aurora entering planetary atmosphere
    Massive impact registered, main networks offline

*this planet

Post-Analysis:
    - The energy pulse matched no known planetary defense technologies
    - Pulse's site of origin has been calculated and downloaded
    - Distress signal broadcast successfully
    - Alterra reply received at T+8hrs to [High priority terminal in Captain's Cabin, Living Quarters]

As you see, there's no accident. Aurora was shot down by something form this planet's surface. Which brings us to the next part.

2. Precursor Array

This device, situated north-west of the nose of Aurora, was the next destination of my investigation. I've managed to gain access to the facility through the use of artifacts such as these

Annex 1: Alien Artifact
    640?cb=20161028164634

During my inspection, my digital assistant detected some kind of background sound, which, for my surprise, was able to be translated, informing about the design of the installation not been clear about if was madethat way due to utilitarian or aestetic purposes. Also, these transmissions encoded a file of the machine in operation:

Annex 2: Decrypted background information
    800?cb=20161211154243

Annex 3: Decrypted video

I have full confidence that the Precursor Array, or Gun, was the responsible for shooting down Aurora.
    "Identified a background message being broadcast throughout the facility. Partial translation available. Message reads:
    WARNING: unidentified craft in orbit of this planet will be destroyed fa prevent the roklarget tylenid infastuden."

During an attempt to disable the weapon, another decoded message informed me that "infected individuals were not authorised to operate with the energy source of the weapon". I believe, somehow, I'm infected with a pathogen, and thus denied to operate on the core of the weapon.
    "Translating alien broadcast... WARNING: Infected individuals may not disable the weapon. This planet is under quarantine."

At the end, my assistant downloaded information about a "Disease Research Facility"
    Scans of available alien data indicate the presence of a second facility elsewhere on the planet. Evidence suggests it is located 800m below sea level, approximately 1km south-west of this installation. Information recorded to data bank."

Conclusions:

- The Precursor Array, otherwise denomitaded Precursor Gun, Precursor Global Defence System, and Precursos Ground-To-Air Weapons System, was the responsible for the fall of Aurora. It is also responsible for the destruction of at least 1 (one) other ship;

- The Precursor Array was activated on site, remotely, or self-activated, to "prevent" an possible event regarding the contact of an outside vessel with the planet;

- The speculated event may be related to a disease of nature previously unknown, given the fact I was deemed unfit at the time to operate the energy core of the Precursor Array for being infected. Contribute to the fact the next download information was about a "Disease Research Facility";

- At the moment, there's no evidence suggesting the infection and the Carar are related.

I'm currently occupied working on activating an Precursor installation inside the island of the Precursor Array. I believe it's a "portal". My next report will be regarding my findings when this other Precursor device is operational.

As a personnal note, I can't enfasize enough the urgent need of leaving this Precursor bases and Weapons alone and as intact as possible. There's no telling of what would happen if one of them becomes damaged in some way.

Regards

James Anderson

• ResolutionBlazeResolutionBlaze The Dunes Join Date: 2016-04-06 Member: 215392Members

And by the way resolution how would you like your people's stake? Medium rare or charred

How would you like to be digested in my stomach? Slow and painful? Or quick and painless?

Who am I kidding, I can't control my digestive system.
    edited December 2016

I've decided to wait no longer for permission to explore Aurora, it's wrecks, and these Precursor bases. I ask for compreehension from you once you realize what preliminary investigation has uncovered. I believe the representative of the N-LAP will be quite interested on this.

1. The Aurora.

The main reason for not waiting for a reply any longer, and rather take my chances going there and avoiding members of the NVP. There's a massive radiation leakage from Aurora, contaminating it's entire surrounding area and beyond. For some reason, the natives of this planet, both fauna and flora, don't appear to suffer from exposure to this event. I can't say the same for myself, however, for the dose of radiation is great enough to kill me if I'm exposed. But, there's no telling about what the radiation could do on long term to the denizens of this planet.

So, I took the initiative and boarded the Aurora. I can safely say the damage is catastrophic. And I also recommend for the members of the NVP to stop their scavenging operations and get clear of the Aurora, for it will surely fall right on their heads if it continues to lose what few integrity it has.

The Drive Room of the Aurora was damaged, and, with some time, I was able to repair enough the containment field of the engine, and, as a result, the automated systems of the fallen ship will start to filter the radiation. The process, according to the computer, will take 3 days from now to complete. May I also remind the NVP that the containment of the engine may break again if the hull of Aurora collapses due to the scavenging, and this next time, it may well be impossible to repair it.

I also found the Aurora Black Box. A Black Box is a device with ancient origins, devised to record any and everything happening on a ship during it's tour, so the information which one contains can be quite valuable, to determine the events surrounding an accident.

*this planet

Post-Analysis:
    - Alterra reply received at T+8hrs to [High priority terminal in Captain's Cabin, Living Quarters]

As you see, there's no accident. Aurora was shot down by something form this planet's surface. Which brings us to the next part.

2. Precursor Array

This device, situated north-west of the nose of Aurora, was the next destination of my investigation. I've managed to gain access to the facility through the use of artifacts such as these

640?cb=20161028164634

During my inspection, my digital assistant detected some kind of background sound, which, for my surprise, was able to be translated, informing about the design of the installation not been clear about if was madethat way due to utilitarian or aestetic purposes. Also, these transmissions encoded a file of the machine in operation:

800?cb=20161211154243

I have full confidence that the Precursor Array, or Gun, was the responsible for shooting down Aurora.
    "Identified a background message being broadcast throughout the facility. Partial translation available. Message reads:
    WARNING: unidentified craft in orbit of this planet will be destroyed fa prevent the roklarget tylenid infastuden."

During an attempt to disable the weapon, another decoded message informed me that "infected individuals were not authorised to operate with the energy source of the weapon". I believe, somehow, I'm infected with a pathogen, and thus denied to operate on the core of the weapon.
    "Translating alien broadcast... WARNING: Infected individuals may not disable the weapon. This planet is under quarantine."

At the end, my assistant downloaded information about a "Disease Research Facility"
    Scans of available alien data indicate the presence of a second facility elsewhere on the planet. Evidence suggests it is located 800m below sea level, approximately 1km south-west of this installation. Information recorded to data bank."

Conclusions:

- The Precursor Array, otherwise denomitaded Precursor Gun, Precursor Global Defence System, and Precursos Ground-To-Air Weapons System, was the responsible for the fall of Aurora. It is also responsible for the destruction of at least 1 (one) other ship;

- The Precursor Array was activated on site, remotely, or self-activated, to "prevent" an possible event regarding the contact of an outside vessel with the planet;

- The speculated event may be related to a disease of nature previously unknown, given the fact I was deemed unfit at the time to operate the energy core of the Precursor Array for being infected. Contribute to the fact the next download information was about a "Disease Research Facility";

- At the moment, there's no evidence suggesting the infection and the Carar are related.

I'm currently occupied working on activating an Precursor installation inside the island of the Precursor Array. I believe it's a "portal". My next report will be regarding my findings when this other Precursor device is operational.

As a personnal note, I can't enfasize enough the urgent need of leaving this Precursor bases and Weapons alone and as intact as possible. There's no telling of what would happen if one of them becomes damaged in some way.

Regards

James Anderson

Your trespassed on our land, interacted with a state controlled weapon and revealed critical information about the devise to the public

WARPERS! Begin hunt and kill procedures.

Warm seas freind. You'll need them when we find you.

How would you like to be digested in my stomach? Slow and painful? Or quick and painless?

I see you want your steak extra salty
  • Casual_PlayerCasual_Player That...is a really good question Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221875Members
    edited December 2016
    @phantomfinch Let me tell you something, you little megalomaniacal red brat. I awaited a response for my previous request. The ones who seriously talked about it were the N-LAP. I am not going to sit idle and die from some alien infection so you lot wound't have your feelings hurt. I really couldn't care less about this war. Oh, and about the infection: small scale study on my personnal lab shows it is waterborne bacteria. It can be possible that this ENTIRE planet is infected, with some individuals developing the disease, and others not. You are already carrying disease to other biomes by letting an infected crew drive a submarine, qualifiying as biological warfare.

The weapon does not belong to you, Biters. It doesn't belong to anyone. The rightly owners of the weapon were the Precursors, and they are dead.

Investigating the Aurora, it's wrecks, the Precursor weapon, as well as the Precursor installations just gained a really good motivator: I am not going to die on a alien planet, slain by a alien infection, willingly, because you megalomaniacal little shits couldn't cope with the fact that there's individuals who aren't going to bow to you and take things granted. You didn't answer my request because you didn't want.

And let me tell you one last thing: bring any, ANY, of your members close to my vehicles and bases, and I shall exercise my right of both self-defence, and defence of my property. With extreme prejudice.

At last, this goes to the N-LAP @jamezorg: I will be happy to help you anyway I can. Just to note, I can now remote control an interesting number of vehicles. For the communists, take that what you will.

James Anderson

1. The Aurora.

*this planet

Post-Analysis:

2. Precursor Array

640?cb=20161028164634

800?cb=20161211154243

Conclusions:

Regards

James Anderson

Your trespassed on our land, interacted with a state controlled weapon and revealed critical information about the devise to the public

[Okay, actually, no OP weaponry please]
    edited December 2016

1. The Aurora.

*this planet

Post-Analysis:

2. Precursor Array

640?cb=20161028164634

800?cb=20161211154243

Conclusions:

Regards

James Anderson

[Okay, actually, no OP weaponry please]

Aw common cant I just glass you a little.
    @phantomfinch Let me tell you something, you little megalomaniacal red brat. I awaited a response for my previous request. The ones who seriously talked about it were the N-LAP. I am not going to sit idle and die from some alien infection so you lot wound't have your feelings hurt. I really couldn't care less about this war. Oh, and about the infection: small scale study on my personnal lab shows it is waterborne bacteria. It can be possible that this ENTIRE planet is infected, with some individuals developing the disease, and others not. You are already carrying disease to other biomes by letting an infected crew drive a submarine, qualifiying as biological warfare.

The weapon does not belong to you, Biters. It doesn't belong to anyone. The rightly owners of the weapon were the Precursors, and they are dead.

Investigating the Aurora, it's wrecks, the Precursor weapon, as well as the Precursor installations just gained a really good motivator: I am not going to die on a alien planet, slain by a alien infection, willingly, because you megalomaniacal little shits couldn't cope with the fact that there's individuals who aren't going to bow to you and take things granted. You didn't answer my request because you didn't want.

And let me tell you one last thing: bring any, ANY, of your members close to my vehicles and bases, and I shall exercise my right of both self-defence, and defence of my property. With extreme prejudice.

At last, this goes to the N-LAP @jamezorg: I will be happy to help you anyway I can. Just to note, I can now remote control an interesting number of vehicles. For the communists, take that what you will.

James Anderson

I'd like to see you defend yourself without any electricity, or maybe without any oxygen.
    Remember we control the shallow. We're allowing you to live so far because we like a plump meal for our Christmas feast and right now, your looking a bit thin
  • subnauticambriansubnauticambrian U.S. Join Date: 2016-01-19 Member: 211679Members
    Halt!

I wish to inform you all that a war thread, consisting of a map complete with military forces and units, as well as advances and battles, is in construction. This thread will also include the terms of engagement. Consider this a message from the peeper administration: limit all conflict to small skirmishes, with nothing too major in terms of military moves. It will be much easier to have a larger map to view the total conflict from, so as to not complicate things too much.

Additionally, I leave the current public stance of the SAHP to @dealwithitdog.

P.S.
    Here are the alliances as I understand them:

Establishment:
    N-LAP
    NVP
    SAHP (uneasy allies)

Communist:
    GCSC
    PH/SP

Neutral:
    AAA
    EPCA (though they have been used by the GCSC...? where do they stand?
    Every other party...

I'm pretty sure the territories have been defined by @Jamezorg, though I wish to make a few things clear: the establishment parties have been neutral up to this point- I wish to make it clear that the Peeper admistration establishes the safe shallows as a neutral zone, for refugees- this includes the crash-site shallows as well. However, the administration is more inclined towards the establishment alliance, considering the Peeper party is, well, the establishment government. The ECPA promotes neutrality, though the Grand Reef is sort of allied with the establishment. However, let's wait and see if any of the party reps @BENSKI or @Ralij. announce any position.
    Halt!

I wish to inform you all that a war thread, consisting of a map complete with military forces and units, as well as advances and battles, is in construction. This thread will also include the terms of engagement. Consider this a message from the peeper administration: limit all conflict to small skirmishes, with nothing too major in terms of military moves. It will be much easier to have a larger map to view the total conflict from, so as to not complicate things too much.

P.S.

Establishment:
    N-LAP
    NVP
    SAHP (uneasy allies)

Communist:
    GCSC
    PH/SP

Neutral:
    AAA
    Every other party...

I'm pretty sure the territories have been defined by @Jamezorg, though I wish to make a few things clear: the establishment parties have been neutral up to this point- I wish to make it clear that the Peeper admistration establishes the safe shallows as a neutral zone, for refugees- this includes the crash-site shallows as well. However, the administration is more inclined towards the establishment alliance, considering the Peeper party is, well, the establishment government. The ECPA promotes neutrality, though the Grand Reef is sort of allied with the establishment. However, let's wait and see if any of the party reps @BENSKI or @Ralij. announce any position.

What of the Crabsnakes? Are they recovering from the war? Is their war over?

If so, how will this affect the outcome of this war?
  • subnauticambriansubnauticambrian U.S. Join Date: 2016-01-19 Member: 211679Members
    Halt!

P.S.

Establishment:
    N-LAP
    NVP
    SAHP (uneasy allies)

Communist:
    GCSC
    PH/SP

Neutral:
    AAA
    Every other party...

What of the Crabsnakes? Are they recovering from the war? Is their war over?

If so, how will this affect the outcome of this war?

The crabsnake uprising raged on for some time, however most recently all has been quiet. According to Eye-eyewitness espionage accounts, the species stopped their infighting a while back after both sides sustained heavy casualties. It was reported that a new order had been established in the Jellyshroom caves, the United Crabsnake Republic. Sources say the principles of the republic are nationalistic, and they have a "Jellyshroom first" mentality. Additionally, they have announced that they are openly hostile to anyone crossing their path. Considering the shallows are neutral, they have not attempted invasion into those biomes, but the biomes surrounding the shallows are a potential target. It is unknown at this time what action will be taken, but they should be considered as a hostile body (unless someone should be able to win them over).

James Anderson

I'd like to see you defend yourself without any electricity, or maybe without any oxygen.
    Remember we control the shallow. We're allowing you to live so far because we like a plump meal for our Christmas feast and right now, your looking a bit thin

Well, did you know energy doesn't come only from the sun? And food doesn't come only from fish? But I don't expect you to understand that, commie. Scare tactics and fear are what you are really good, but they don't work for everyone...

What would a biter look like with a drill through it's head, I wonder...

James Anderson

Well, did you know energy doesn't come only from the sun? And food doesn't come only from fish? But I don't expect you to understand that, commie. Scare tactics and fear are what you are really good, but they don't work for everyone...

James, the Reef Conglomerate advises that you leave the planetary body as soon as is humanly possible, for I do not want you caught up in this conflict. Either hide out in the Aurora until the fighting ceases or leave the planet. Either way the Conglomerate will support you.
    I sometimes make posts like this. I don't know why; maybe to satisfy some need I have deep inside. Anyway, it'll be really big (as always) so you only have to read what you want to, I guess. It will be comprised of two segments, the first being a lengthy update on this entire situation from every side of this thing, and the second will be an N-LAP broadcast. Okay, here we go.

The ocean gears for war. After border disputes in the Lost River, and the attempted political capture of a GCSC headquarters by N-LAP, alliances are most certainly being forged, and a war looms in the distance. The GCSC shoal in the north united the shallows under its communist banner somewhat unwillingly, and due to their reckless and hateful actions the Republic of Koosh have aligned themselves with the Conglomerate, joining the alliance. The NVP, who have stood neutral for almost half a year now, have joined sides with the Conglomerate after Koosh reluctantly agreed to their inclusion.

The Shoal has commenced the creation of war machines that they foresee will make short work of the alliance. They have warpers on their side also, and these creatures have been sent into the Lost River and Grand Reef as spies for the shoal, scraping up every bit of information on suspected Conglomerate plans, and relaying them back to the Shoal. It is expected by much of the ocean that either the Koosh or the Lost River will be the first to descend into war, for the Shoal has unlimited access to each of these biomes. A battle in the Lost River is appearing more and more likely, however, due to Crabsquid armies amassing on the borders of the RCS down there.

A Civil War has recently ended in the Jellyshroom Caves, leaving the Crabsnake's economy crippled, and their government in shambles. They have created a republic down there, but the stability of this governing body is blatantly questionable. This conflict has left the Crabsnakes more unpredictable and violent than the NVP were just one week ago. The Shoal is now toying with the idea of attacking the Jellyshroom caves, for their numbers are greater than that of the Crabsnakes. They could easily gain this territory, but there are upsides of leaving it untouched.

Most recently of all, however, the Shoal has gained the upper hand. The Alliance has been cornered, and there is nothing any of these superpowers can do to break this stalemate in which they have found themselves confined. If the NVP were to attack the Shoal, the GCSC would detonate the Aurora one final time, leaving their (and SAHP's) lands in an uninhabitable, sorry state. If the Koosh were to attack, the gun the Shoal has in their possession would be fired into their biome, laying waste to it and the surrounding areas. Finally, if the Conglomerate were to attack the Shoal would detonate the Precursor machinery on the floating island above the Grand Reef, letting the boulders fall and in turn having the Deep Grand Reef collapse on itself. We stand in a stalemate at the moment, but surely it must be broken at some point.
    @ResolutionBlaze might want to come up with a fancy name for your government now, since we've got the Reef Conglomerate, the Republic of Koosh, the Shoal and yours all involved. We can't go on calling it the NVP (Although that is what the government would be called. Confusing I know). I think we should call it the Devorandum Monarchy, and the country Devorandum. Devorandum is devour in Latin, by the way :)

This is a public service announcement from the representatives of N-LAP and the Reef Conglomerate:

Greetings, people of the Reef. As you all should know by now, we are in a period of Cold War with the Shoal. We have made unsteady alliances with the Republic of Koosh, and a rather stable connection with the Devorandum Monarchy. We have made these alliances just in case the situation gets any more intense, which, if it does, we may have to resort to all-out war, and we will have to bring with us the Koosh and Devorandum. This works in reverse, as well; if they begin the war we will have to fight with them. Either way, we know a battle is coming, and it's coming fast.

We live inf ear at the moment. We live in a calm before the storm. The Shoal has delivered threats that they intend to cave in our biomes if we attempt any attacks. They have also stated that they will destroy the Koosh biome if they show any signs of assault, and they will detonate the Aurora once more if the Devorandum try anything. At some point someone has to make the first move, and it may result in the destruction of biomes. Or at least it would if the president hadn't recently come out and said that this war would be limited to only small skirmishes, and would not lead to anything major. If the Shoal were to perform an attack of this magnitude it would be classified as a war crime, and would not be tolerated. The Safe Shallows have been sanctioned off, as well, into several refugee sites (The Neutral Estates, or the N.Es). The Shoal's borders keep getting smaller, and their threats shallower. Although it may not seem like it, if we believe we will have the upper hand and we can win this war.

This has been a public service announcement from N-LAP

Thank you.
    edited December 2016

James Anderson

James, the Reef Conglomerate advises that you leave the planetary body as soon as is humanly possible, for I do not want you caught up in this conflict. Either hide out in the Aurora until the fighting ceases or leave the planet. Either way the Conglomerate will support you.

I appreciate your concern. I am going to hide in the Aurora, but I am going to send vehicles to continue the investigation. It's too important to let it be. Also, I don't know how much time I have with this infection, so I will have to make things go quick, and that's why I can't leave the planet. I didn't say this on the report, but I also received schematics for a rocket to leave the planet. The problem is I need a power source for it, one I can't fabricate here. The only power source available is the one on the Precursor Array. Which I can't get, because I'm infected (and, very likely, every living being on this planet as well).

I will do things remotely from the Aurora. But, there may come a time when I am going to need to go, in person, to solve a problem regarding the investigation.

Oh, and don't worry about the Precursor Array. As stated on my report, looks like it's function is to maintain this planet on some sort of quarantine. Which means no one on this planet can operate it manually, for nothing. And wars between the regions, for what I could understand, don't qualify as breaches on said quarantine.

Again, I appreciate the concern of the N-LAP. I will do my best to stay out of the conflict.

James Anderson.

James Anderson

I appreciate your concern. I am going to hide in the Aurora, but I am going to send vehicles to continue the investigation. It's too important to let it be. Also, I don't know how much time I have with this infection, so I will have to make things go quick, and that's why I can't leave the planet. I didn't say this on the report, but I also received schematics for a rocket to leave the planet. The problem is I need a power source for it, one I can't fabricate here. The only power source available is the one on the Precursor Array. Which I can't get, because I'm infected (and, very likely, every living being on this planet as well).

I will do things remotely from the Aurora. But, there may come a time when I am going to need to go, in person, to solve a problem regarding the investigation.

Oh, and don't worry about the Precursor Array. As stated on my report, looks like it's function is to maintain this planet on some sort of quarantine. Which means no one on this planet can operate it manually, for nothing. And wars between the regions, for what I could understand, don't qualify as breaches on said quarantine.

Again, I appreciate the concern of the N-LAP. I will do my best to stay out of the conflict.

James Anderson.

Thank you for hiding out in the Aurora. It pains me to say this, however: no vehicles shall be sent from your position into open waters. As it stands, the Aurora is very close to Shoal territory, and if they find and take these vehicles they could be used against us. Our EMP blasts will do considerable damage to these vehicles, yes, but I am more concerned for non-members of the Conglomerate, namely the Republic of Koosh. I'm afraid we cannot allow you to work remotely, although we really wish we could. And we haven't had a very good history with human vehicles in general. Your primary directive should be your evacuation of this planet, which I doubt you will be able to do thanks to the Shoal. Please, halt your research. Wait until the Shoal threat has been crushed and then continue your investigations by hand. I don't mean to be strict, but if we hear any reports of vehicles leaving the Aurora under your control we will dispatch Crabsquids to their last known location and have them disabled.

We only want what's best for you and the ocean. Please, you must understand that a foreign researcher isn't our primary focus at the moment, and we will further our involvement in this Cold War before helping the likes of you. Perhaps you can continue research in the Aurora for now, but as it stands you must leave us be.
    I actually think that it's really cool that you wanted to see what would happen if a survivor was dropped into this political presidential issue, and then that became one of the main driving forces for this entire war. The government couldn't handle it, and now we're at war. Awesome, dude :)

James Anderson

James Anderson.

Thank you for hiding out in the Aurora. It pains me to say this, however: no vehicles shall be sent from your position into open waters. As it stands, the Aurora is very close to Shoal territory, and if they find and take these vehicles they could be used against us. Our EMP blasts will do considerable damage to these vehicles, yes, but I am more concerned for non-members of the Conglomerate, namely the Republic of Koosh. I'm afraid we cannot allow you to work remotely, although we really wish we could. And we haven't had a very good history with human vehicles in general. Your primary directive should be your evacuation of this planet, which I doubt you will be able to do thanks to the Shoal. Please, halt your research. Wait until the Shoal threat has been crushed and then continue your investigations by hand. I don't mean to be strict, but if we hear any reports of vehicles leaving the Aurora under your control we will dispatch Crabsquids to their last known location and have them disabled.

We only want what's best for you and the ocean. Please, you must understand that a foreign researcher isn't our primary focus at the moment, and we will further our involvement in this Cold War before helping the likes of you. Perhaps you can continue research in the Aurora for now, but as it stands you must leave us be.
    I actually think that it's really cool that you wanted to see what would happen if a survivor was dropped into this political presidential issue, and then that became one of the main driving forces for this entire war. The government couldn't handle it, and now we're at war. Awesome, dude :)

I...I understand. All the bases and vehicles I couldn't scavenge or recycle are now receiving a signal for auto-destruction. I will be able to recycle it's remains once this is over and I've managed to secure supplies for my stay on Aurora, also some vehicles to help me here, to help me repair some laboratories on the ship, and to escape from it if there's evidence of the Shoal comming here to destroy what's left from the Aurora. In this last case, I'll grab everything here, and try my luck escaping to Conglomerate territory. If, during my escape, the Shoal try to capture my last vehicles, I will give an order of self-destruct to every one of them. I may die. That's certain. But I'll be damned if I don't take some of these red bastards with me.

James Anderson
    edited December 2016

James Anderson

James Anderson.

I...I understand. All the bases and vehicles I couldn't scavenge or recycle are now receiving a signal for auto-destruction. I will be able to recycle it's remains once this is over and I've managed to secure supplies for my stay on Aurora, also some vehicles to help me here, to help me repair some laboratories on the ship, and to escape from it if there's evidence of the Shoal comming here to destroy what's left from the Aurora. In this last case, I'll grab everything here, and try my luck escaping to Conglomerate territory. If, during my escape, the Shoal try to capture my last vehicles, I will give an order of self-destruct to every one of them. I may die. That's certain. But I'll be damned if I don't take some of these red bastards with me.

James Anderson

James three words

"Target locked"

You'll have to guess what the last one is
    Pass 2

2B:

- Fish reserve the right to overthrow the government if their actions are unjustified or do more damage than good for long-term circumstances.
    * - The government reserves the right to punish those who attempt to overthrow the current government without justified cause (IE the government justifies an action with representative approval but a revolt occurs anyway).

Sandsharks and Reefbacks. We call out to you now. We ask that you invoke article 2B of the addendum (yes I'm calling back to this. I'm taking this shit seriously). You are both being enslaved against your will inside communist-controlled areas, and their presence is causing more harm than good. Please, trigger article 2B and aid us in the fight.

Survivor. We appreciate your enthusiasm when it comes to the destruction of the Shoal, and have no problems with your plan and means of escaping the Aurora if it were to come under any threat of destruction. Hopefully this is not to happen any time soon.