Frame Rate > Updates

XzevixXzevix Join Date: 2016-11-23 Member: 224174Members
I know there has already been hundreds of comments about the FPS of Subnautica on Xbox One, and that the issue is becoming annoying to read about, but I feel like this needs to be said. We don't need anymore updates until the frame rate is steady. If I could upload a video, I would, because my game runs at between 5-10 FPS. We, as a community, understand that you Devs are working hard to add more items and monsters, but I beg that you stop adding to the game. With each update, the frame rate only becomes worse. I love the updates you guys have been putting out, as they really add to the game's entertainment, but I can't enjoy them because the game performs so badly. And so, because of this, I beg that ya'll put FPS above the addition of new materials in the future. Get the game running at a steady frame rate before adding anything else.

Thank you for reading this
~Xzevix

Comments

• 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    If anyone needs a video (use Xbox record that or the controller command below):

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Articule Mort/video/22587396

To record while in a game, double-tap the Xbox One home button on the controller, then press X. That’s it; you should see a notification at the bottom to prove the job is done.

4 ways to record 30-seconds or more gameplay clips on Xbox One
  • GreybeardGreybeard USA Join Date: 2016-09-24 Member: 222538Members
  • conart70conart70 Join Date: 2016-11-28 Member: 224319Members
    Completely unplayable game. I'm lucky to get between 5-10fps too. Its so laggy I cant even catch fish to eat and just keep starving to death. The game seemed ok for the first hour but then the frame rate dropped badly. I haven't even built anything yet. What's the point in releasing a game on console if it won't run. I play Ark too and that gets laggy but nothing like subnautica. I'd rather sacrifice visual quality for better frame rate. To be honest, I don't even see why its so laggy, but it really needs sorting, forget adding more stuff till its fixed.
    If they manage to remove the terraforming this update, it should fix a lot of the issues, I think.
  • FRAMERATEFRAMERATE Join Date: 2016-11-29 Member: 224348Members
    so many times games concentrate on content instead of sorting core game play. this game would be fantastic please update soon
  • XLDIESELXLXLDIESELXL uk Join Date: 2016-11-29 Member: 224363Members
    I have to say I've spent probably 10+ hours on this and I'm loving it, however the op is right, the framerate is the only thing for me that lets it down . it becomes unplayable, no joke. loving it so far, but i dont like to spend money on a game that the framerate is getting worse to the point i cant play it. please fix this before you do anything else....PLEASE!! Thank you.
  • AveroinAveroin Join Date: 2016-11-30 Member: 224377Members
    I can say that during the 8+ hours that I have put into this game i had alot of fun, untill massive frame drops came in! I have read into a lot of post and tried as many thing as I can on xbox, but didnt seem to get anywhere. If I didnt have to rebuy the game for steam I would just move to my PC. Just dont enjoy puting this much time into a game to not be able to play. FYI: I don't even have a base built, and just got the seamoth.?.? (forgot the name) Just goes to show how far I am!
    Try a hard reset of your xbox. Hold the power for 10 seconds while on the home screen. Someone said they had to do that like 10 times in a row, but it cleared up their problems. YMMV
    0x6A7232 wrote: »
    Try a hard reset of your xbox. Hold the power for 10 seconds while on the home screen. Someone said they had to do that like 10 times in a row, but it cleared up their problems. YMMV

"Someone said..." isn't exactly empirical evidence. YOU try hard resetting 10 times, posting video of frame rate both BEFORE and AFTER said reboots. Hard resetting 10 times would be a pain, but if I was shown proof, I'd gladly suffer through. That is, if there was also proof that the game wouldn't bog back down an hour or two later.
  • TillybottomTillybottom Join Date: 2016-12-01 Member: 224405Members
    Agreed. I've had such a great time with this game, I truly love it! However the frame rate drops to around 2 so often and for such extended periods of time, the game becomes unplayable. The other issue, and adding content needs to be held off for at least one update. PLEASE, focus the next update purely on performance! We appreciate the content immensly, but need the performance to actually experience and enjoy it.
    Greybeard wrote: »

"Someone said..." isn't exactly empirical evidence. YOU try hard resetting 10 times, posting video of frame rate both BEFORE and AFTER said reboots. Hard resetting 10 times would be a pain, but if I was shown proof, I'd gladly suffer through. That is, if there was also proof that the game wouldn't bog back down an hour or two later.

I've done 2x hard reset before and got back some framerate, it's still playable on my Xbox so I didn't take it past that. *shrug* Take what you will from that.
  • dexter397dexter397 U.S.A. Join Date: 2016-06-12 Member: 218486Members
    Does anyone know if the next update was sent to cert yet?
  • JebusChrustJebusChrust Join Date: 2016-06-16 Member: 218634Members
    I'm not surprised that the majority of the frame rate complaints are from people who only recently got the game. I was about to come on here and praise the devs for how much smoother the game runs now. It used to actually be 5 FPS, people don't know how good it is now compared to where it used to be.
    edited December 2016
    Unless there has been an update today (haven't checked), the last update brought the frame rate to a choppy crawl at about the 2 hour mark (hence all the frame rate threads). Maybe it's just me...
    Xbox vs PC. @Greybeard you're xbox, right, Jeb, you're PC / experimental branch, right?
  • XzevixXzevix Join Date: 2016-11-23 Member: 224174Members
    edited December 2016
    I'm not surprised that the majority of the frame rate complaints are from people who only recently got the game. I was about to come on here and praise the devs for how much smoother the game runs now. It used to actually be 5 FPS, people don't know how good it is now compared to where it used to be.

I'm not new. I bought this game the day after it was added to Xbox. Sure, the frame rate IS better, but it is still horrible.
  • JebusChrustJebusChrust Join Date: 2016-06-16 Member: 218634Members
    Xbox vs PC. @Greybeard you're xbox, right, Jeb, you're PC / experimental branch, right?

I'm on the Xbox. And I will backtrack a bit, I had started a new game and it was crystal smooth with little delay. Went back on to the save and it was very choppy. I'm sure a hard reset will fix this though, I'm just too lazy. It still had smooth parts at least.
    Greybeard wrote: »
    Unless there has been an update today (haven't checked), the last update brought the frame rate to a choppy crawl at about the 2 hour mark (hence all the frame rate threads). Maybe it's just me...

Hard reset and it should be better.
  • wowwinkwowwink Merica Join Date: 2016-12-05 Member: 224596Members
    Xzevix wrote: »
    I know there has already been hundreds of comments about the FPS of Subnautica on Xbox One, and that the issue is becoming annoying to read about, but I feel like this needs to be said. We don't need anymore updates until the frame rate is steady. If I could upload a video, I would, because my game runs at between 5-10 FPS. We, as a community, understand that you Devs are working hard to add more items and monsters, but I beg that you stop adding to the game. With each update, the frame rate only becomes worse. I love the updates you guys have been putting out, as they really add to the game's entertainment, but I can't enjoy them because the game performs so badly. And so, because of this, I beg that ya'll put FPS above the addition of new materials in the future. Get the game running at a steady frame rate before adding anything else.

Thank you for reading this
    ~Xzevix

Also Devs a retexture would be nice, because the textures on the pc is way better thanks

Me