This games unplayable

Comments

• 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    ivanroca wrote: »
    Noah1955 wrote: »
    weird, I'm having no problems at all it loads up the game then just plays perfectly?

Rare? Your case is the rare, search a little in internet..., how long have you been playing your savegame?

Ya, how many hours? What vehicles do you have? Do you have a base? How many?
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    Keep uploading your files, we're trying to narrow down what's causing the crashing. If you continue to crash like this, please upload your full saved game folder (compressed as RAR or ZIP) somewhere for us to download, as well as your log files & dxdiag results. We're still trying to gather evidence for this issue. Thanks.
  • Fixxer182Fixxer182 Germany Join Date: 2016-11-12 Member: 223822Members
    Eh, follow this guide, they want your whole saved game folder.
  • ivanrocaivanroca Madrid Join Date: 2016-11-09 Member: 223775Members
    edited November 2016
    0x6A7232 wrote: »
    ivanroca wrote: »
    Noah1955 wrote: »
    weird, I'm having no problems at all it loads up the game then just plays perfectly?

Rare? Your case is the rare, search a little in internet..., how long have you been playing your savegame?

Ya, how many hours? What vehicles do you have? Do you have a base? How many?

40 Hours, but this problem happenss since the 20 hours of game. Currently seamonth and cyclops but this problem happens also without vehicles. One base, but this problem happens also without base.
    Obraxis wrote: »
    Keep uploading your files, we're trying to narrow down what's causing the crashing. If you continue to crash like this, please upload your full saved game folder (compressed as RAR or ZIP) somewhere for us to download, as well as your log files & dxdiag results. We're still trying to gather evidence for this issue. Thanks.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Agc4YUuNUdY_hQ0FslacQbP86vsa (DXDIAG)

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Agc4YUuNUdY_hQ5bCC6LZUqvi2WN (LOGS)

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Agc4YUuNUdY_hQ8zVfGSwhVGNeRt (SAVEGAME)

• AtsetAtset Join Date: 2016-11-15 Member: 223902Members
    Crash folder, output_log.txt, DxDiag.txt and saveGame.

About 23h played at this save and continues crash and really hard fps problems.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4sGtsf0yt69aUJnTmRMLW9QMkk
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    Thanks everyone, keep them coming :smile:
  • GiirGiir Farmington, NM, USA Join Date: 2016-11-15 Member: 223905Members
    I love this game, but at this point I can hardly play it. Literally. The game crashes every few seconds if I have been playing it for more than a couple of hours, and the lag is absolutely awful. Some of my tools do not work properly which hinders my gameplay quite a lot. I actually have to avoid certain places in the game or I will get stuck there and there is no way to get out. I have tried the debug console command and more, all to no avail. I cannot send my SaveGame because I am not familiar with the process, and the "hand-holding" directions do not match up 100% with what I am seeing. (I have no 7zip [I am not sure what that means, exactly] and my Pin to Quick Access button is grayed out. Those alone account for like 4 steps that I cannot complete.) I have been extremely patient when I lose a lot of my save data, when my Seamoth has despawned or found it's way into the center of a solid mass of rock never again to be retrieved, when my tools do not work or they also despawn, when the lag is ridiculous, and the game crashes every few hours to every few seconds. When these things happen I just adapt and trust that it will be fixed when you can get to it. But it seems like everything just keeps getting worse and worse. This is my favorite game and it's terrible that I am now unable to play it. I've just continued to provide clearly documented feedback on all of these issues. I have spent hours trying everything I can think of and everything the devs and my fellow players have said to in order to resolve many of these issues, never to find an answer. I know there is a lot on your plate, but for the love of god, if nothing else, at least make the game playable.
  • FlixFlix Join Date: 2016-11-16 Member: 223912Members
    Giir wrote: »
    I love this game, but at this point I can hardly play it. Literally. The game crashes every few seconds if I have been playing it for more than a couple of hours, and the lag is absolutely awful. Some of my tools do not work properly which hinders my gameplay quite a lot. I actually have to avoid certain places in the game or I will get stuck there and there is no way to get out. I have tried the debug console command and more, all to no avail. I cannot send my SaveGame because I am not familiar with the process, and the "hand-holding" directions do not match up 100% with what I am seeing. (I have no 7zip [I am not sure what that means, exactly] and my Pin to Quick Access button is grayed out. Those alone account for like 4 steps that I cannot complete.) I have been extremely patient when I lose a lot of my save data, when my Seamoth has despawned or found it's way into the center of a solid mass of rock never again to be retrieved, when my tools do not work or they also despawn, when the lag is ridiculous, and the game crashes every few hours to every few seconds. When these things happen I just adapt and trust that it will be fixed when you can get to it. But it seems like everything just keeps getting worse and worse. This is my favorite game and it's terrible that I am now unable to play it. I've just continued to provide clearly documented feedback on all of these issues. I have spent hours trying everything I can think of and everything the devs and my fellow players have said to in order to resolve many of these issues, never to find an answer. I know there is a lot on your plate, but for the love of god, if nothing else, at least make the game playable.

Use WinRar Download after install you can just close all the register and buy stuff and the program will keep working. WinRar is not very difficult to use and after install you can right click on the folders for zipping and hit the compress folder.
  • cazmakillcazmakill Join Date: 2016-11-14 Member: 223871Members
    Giir wrote: »

Totally ^^^, I play the STABLE version only as I'm just interested in enjoying myself on one of the best games I've ever played but I can't :(. Bulkheads are annoying and the lag is unbearable when you have a sizeable base. This is still happening on the 16th of November for reference but please help make it stable before adding new items?
  • FirancilFirancil Join Date: 2016-11-08 Member: 223739Members
    Here you go guys

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_EWQlAyQEVbbXBtM1hqNjI0cHc

Newest game save on a clean install with all other previous saves either deleted or carried to Valhalla. No files changed. Oddly enough it only started crashing when my moonpool was being built, though that's probably just coincidence.
  • YannFRYannFR France Join Date: 2016-11-13 Member: 223842Members
  • FlixFlix Join Date: 2016-11-16 Member: 223912Members
    I all of a sudden started crashing after ~20 hours in my save game. system would freeze then crash. I have a high end system and I get a lot of this stop and go freezes. just started doing the whole crashing bit. all requested info is zipped up into one RAR file Linked bellow.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0GGaaSk_hwHVGl1a19DbmhiRHM
  • jpinardjpinard Join Date: 2016-09-17 Member: 222373Members
    If we don't have crashing but just abysmal performance do you want that?
  • diLucadiLuca Join Date: 2016-11-16 Member: 223971Members
    same boat here but it is fixable with a 5 minute work around

watch the vid in this thread http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/146057/an-updated-guide-fix-crashes-lag-stuttering-and-keep-your-saves-through-subnautica-upgrades#latest and just follow the mentioned steps.

i can play now flawlessly again for several hours until i have to redo those steps but hey, i can play! (and so can you!)
    jpinard wrote: »
    If we don't have crashing but just abysmal performance do you want that?

I'd say upload it, and mention in the post / e-mail that there isn't a crash, just huge performance issues. If the devs feel they can find something useful from your savegame folder, they can download it.
  • Slyder442Slyder442 United States Join Date: 2016-11-18 Member: 224056Members
    I'm having the same issues, lagging so bad the game is unplayable. The game ran smooth as butter on max settings right up until the moment I built the mobile vehicle platform. Now, it lags constantly, freezes every 20 to 30 seconds. I've lowered the graphics settings, but that didn't help. I started a new game and all the issues were gone until I built the mobile vehicle platform again and the issues immediately returned. Definitely a issue with the update.
    edited November 2016
    Back up your saved game slot000x folder, then clear the cache (see my signature). If it helps, great. If not, you can restore your old save if you want to.
  • ProbitasProbitas Join Date: 2016-11-17 Member: 224009Members
    I just had my 5th crash since building the base in the underwater zone and getting a cyclops. There is something wrong with the graphics rendering as it gets very laggy and then crashes to desktop. I've sent the files in emails, so hopefully you guys figure out what the issue is. Drivers are all up to date, in fact Nvidia just released one the other day. In particular traveling near the 'shroom forests causes severe rendering lag and hopefully the crash logs will support this.
    Have you uploaded your game folder as well? Next time it crashes do that. Link is in my sig, you can post in that thread or e-mail the devs.
  • ProbitasProbitas Join Date: 2016-11-17 Member: 224009Members
    edited November 2016
    I just tried the cache clean suggestion, and that seems to have resolved it for now, but I think it's something that slowly creeps up and will probably start again. When it does that I will upload the save game file as well.

I would email the save game, but it's almost 200MB and the email limit from my ISP is 10MB.
    Use Google Drive, OneDrive, Dropbox, etc
    I notice something.
    If i diving to biotops i never had visit before there are no lags, freezes or frame drops, so i can play with 60fps.
    If i swim again to this area or to an area where i am more often the problems get started and i get frezzes, lags, crushes and drops to 10fps until i am leaving the area, the same is if I looking to the ground of an area, then i have low fps, looking back forward i have normal fps.

So but i notice that the framedrops are coming all time with textureproblems and poping up models.
    Its seems like the game rendering all time the models new and don't deleting the old informations about the visited area or don't use known informations for this areas.
    All game datas of my game you get somedays before.

I hope you understand what i want to say to you.

• Chappi2016Chappi2016 Germany Join Date: 2016-11-18 Member: 224050Members
    Its pretty obvious that these crashes are coming through map changes that are colliding with data thats in the savefile(s). There is a very good working fix for this, see Post(s) from 0x6A7232. I hope the developers can implement some intelligence into the loading mechanism so we don't have to use this workaround anymore.

What bugs me more is that the performance of the game is decreasing every day. I have a very good system (including 32 GB RAM) but still have lags. For me it looks like the issues are growing with 1) size of base and 2) every new update (it really got worse the last 2 weeks). I'm using always the latest public dev build.

I'm now also at a point where I don't wan't to/can't continue playing because of these enormous lags. I really like the Post of jpinard: http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/comment/2319500/#Comment_2319500

This is exactly what I'm thinking. The performance issues are even more important than the crashes and it will give the game bad reputations..
  • WackadoodleWackadoodle Join Date: 2016-11-21 Member: 224126Members
    I have uploaded save game and crash logs here for your review as well
  • LaneEatsBrainsLaneEatsBrains Florida Join Date: 2016-01-15 Member: 211448Members
    0x6A7232 wrote: »
    Possible fix over here ->
    I've experienced the mentioned recent crashes and stutter since the latest update as well, even with a fresh new game, latest drivers, 16 GB RAM, i7, GTX970 etc etc.

It seems to me, the persistent state of the world get glitched over time and what helped me so far, is to clear the world state.
    It resets the flora, fauna, resources and so on, however you keep all your items, base, ships.

To do so, backup your savegame folder and then delete "CellsCache" and "CompiledOctreesCache" folders in your savegame slot folder.
    It entirley removes the stutter and crashes from my game until the world state get corrupted or whatever.

Hope the current crashes are just a minor issue for the devs and get fixed quickly.

So this "sorta" worked for me, no more crashing around high rendered area's BUT, because my bases are all built into the ground, all of my bases were then filled with sand and stone :smile: I did some trial and error and I think I figured out that the "CompiledOctreesCache" relates to the terrain and the "CellsCache" relates to living things (Plants and Animals). Therefore, I tried just deleting the "CellsCache", in an attempt to fix the issue and also keep the terrain out of my pre-existing bases.

This worked for me! The crashing around high rendered area's wen't away, all while, my bases mesh stayed in the shape they were intended.

If you could imagine, though, the plants around my base were re-rendered, so I just had to cut them back with a knife to get them removed.

I do believe that the issue will come back after I alter the world more and more, but this is a fix that will keep me playing until the dev's figure what is causing (what I now think is related to the "CellsCache") the game to crash.
  • WilliePeteWilliePete Join Date: 2016-11-24 Member: 224180Members
  • UnfairGraceUnfairGrace Join Date: 2016-11-27 Member: 224269Members
    I do understand that this is Early Release, but I wasn't expecting that to mean PRE-Alpha. I mean, certainly the game should be playable? I mean most games don't even charge for a beta, let alone a pre-alpha. That being said, I really really enjoyed this game while it was actually playable. I'm only 10 hours in before I get regular 2 FPS. Regardless of what stage the game is at, we're still customers.

I think we all know at this point that it's not graphical. Even on ultra settings, the game isn't visually top-tier (that's not a shot, just the truth). So there shouldn't be anything graphically demanding. Changing settings has zero effect. I have a 6-core processor, 32gb DDR4 RAM, GeForce 1060 6Gb, and it's installed on a SSD. So the system settings are irrelevant. It just seems to be happening with longer save games. Which is a shame, because it's those of us who are playing a lot who are getting punished.

I do realize it's not intentional. And I'm not salty. I understand the process. I worked as a game dev at AAA studios for 5 years. But please, I beg you, focus on performance issues as a top priority.

I just find it hard to believe that they're still gathering "evidence". It's clearly happening, we have plenty of examples, and we even have a workaround. Certainly that should clue in your programmers as to what the problem is.

If it helps, the major lag spikes seem to occur at the creation of a Seamoth, and once again at the creation of a Cyclops.