constant crashes

perryismynameperryismyname Eugene Oregon Join Date: 2016-11-21 Member: 224109Members
edited November 2016 in Subnautica Bug Reporting
I have been playing subnautica for a bit now and all was going great until my game started crashing without an error log so I can't see what is wrong. I figured it is because I had just put down 5 posters, a gaming teddy bear, and a hat that I all found in the aurora. I went to the aurora again to continue searching and when I started my return journey I started to lag extremely bad. Normally I save the game when I start to lag so I can continue if it does crash, but instead of crashing and giving me a log the game just goes unresponsive and I don't get a log from it. because I saved within loading distance of my base now whenever I log on about 5 seconds after I move the game goes unresponsive. I have tried killing myself so that I respawn in my base but I only go unresponsive after that as well.
Since I can't copy and paste the system specs for some damn reason I will just type what I think is necessary

Processor: Intel(R) Core I7-451u CPU @ 2.00GHz 2.6GHz
Installed memory: 16.0 GB (15.9 usable)
System type: 64-bit Operating system, x64-based processor
Graphics card: NVIDA GeForce 820M

I would greatly love it if you guys could help me solve this problem, any help would be greatly appreciated. If there is a command to delete all posters or something I could try that, but I really want to get back to playing this game, I'm going through withdrawals. Thanks -Perry

Here is a google drive that should have the required items in it, let me know if you can't open it please.
https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0B2Vvap-S0-2uWEo0c0JtTTk0Z0E

Comments

• cybershiftercybershifter Louisiana, US Join Date: 2016-11-21 Member: 224111Members
    I am having the exact same symptoms, but mine happened after a different event. Let me explain.

This is my second save file, so I learned a few things from the first time. This time, I decided to build my base near one of the thermal vents in the shallows. The particular one I found is set kind of deep into the surface, so I had to swim into it a bit to build a thermal generator. I wanted to build thermal generators so I could have power all the time. I built one, had my base, everything was fine. Built my cyclops, some other things. Then I built a water extractor, so I decided to build a second thermal generator because of the increased power load. So I swam down, put another generator near the first, connected it, and went back up. Now, I noticed that my power max would fluctuate, which was weird, but I wrote it up to that generator maybe being on the border of the hot zone. I didn't think much of it. Then I took my cyclops out on some excursions. When I came back, I experienced severe lag once I was in visual range of the base. Initially it was infrequent. Now it is all the time. Here is exactly what happens:

I load the game.
    I move around the base, some lag, but no crash yet.
    Once I leave the base and am in the water, I can move for about five to ten seconds before the game goes unresponsive.
    If I go to the vent, to try to deconstruct the generator, as soon as I can see the generator, the game crashes. Without fail. I can't even take a screen shot of what happens, it goes unresponsive so fast.

I wish I could say it was isolated to one machine, but it happens on my machine at home, and at the machines at my local LAN center. At this point, I'm just going to try to move my base and never come back to that location, if I can keep the game running.
  • perryismynameperryismyname Eugene Oregon Join Date: 2016-11-21 Member: 224109Members
    edited November 2016
    I am having the exact same symptoms, but mine happened after a different event. Let me explain.

This is my second save file, so I learned a few things from the first time. This time, I decided to build my base near one of the thermal vents in the shallows. The particular one I found is set kind of deep into the surface, so I had to swim into it a bit to build a thermal generator. I wanted to build thermal generators so I could have power all the time. I built one, had my base, everything was fine. Built my cyclops, some other things. Then I built a water extractor, so I decided to build a second thermal generator because of the increased power load. So I swam down, put another generator near the first, connected it, and went back up. Now, I noticed that my power max would fluctuate, which was weird, but I wrote it up to that generator maybe being on the border of the hot zone. I didn't think much of it. Then I took my cyclops out on some excursions. When I came back, I experienced severe lag once I was in visual range of the base. Initially it was infrequent. Now it is all the time. Here is exactly what happens:

I load the game.
    I move around the base, some lag, but no crash yet.
    Once I leave the base and am in the water, I can move for about five to ten seconds before the game goes unresponsive.
    If I go to the vent, to try to deconstruct the generator, as soon as I can see the generator, the game crashes. Without fail. I can't even take a screen shot of what happens, it goes unresponsive so fast.

I wish I could say it was isolated to one machine, but it happens on my machine at home, and at the machines at my local LAN center. At this point, I'm just going to try to move my base and never come back to that location, if I can keep the game running.

No joke whatsoever I am about 40 meters from the vent, easily within render distance. Maybe it's a problem with that vent. Do you have any special items in your base like posters?
  • cybershiftercybershifter Louisiana, US Join Date: 2016-11-21 Member: 224111Members
    Nope. No posters. I found the instructions for purging the cache, so I did that, only including the batch in my base. That helped some. Then I build the nuclear reactor and deconstructed both thermal generators. The problem seems to have gone away. I will see what happens after some more playing.
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    Can you guys please upload your saved game files that are having issues? You can compress them with 7Zip, WinRAR etc and upload them somewhere for us, that would be very helpful
  • АлексейАлексей Казахстан Join Date: 2016-11-10 Member: 223783Members
    edited November 2016
  • cazmakillcazmakill Join Date: 2016-11-14 Member: 223871Members
    I have a large base with a ladder to the surface. The lag happened even before the 500m ladder was installed and I'm crashing every 5 seconds. I tried moving to experimental but it still happens regardless. I have also reinstalled the game after deleting all files then replacing my 0005 Slot to find it's worse.
  • perryismynameperryismyname Eugene Oregon Join Date: 2016-11-21 Member: 224109Members
    edited November 2016
    Obraxis wrote: »
    Can you guys please upload your saved game files that are having issues? You can compress them with 7Zip, WinRAR etc and upload them somewhere for us, that would be very helpful

I hope this works, let me know if it doesn't share properly
    Link: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B2Vvap-S0-2uWEo0c0JtTTk0Z0E
    Nope. No posters. I found the instructions for purging the cache, so I did that, only including the batch in my base. That helped some. Then I build the nuclear reactor and deconstructed both thermal generators. The problem seems to have gone away. I will see what happens after some more playing.

where did you find the instructions for that?
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    0x6A7232 wrote: »

I found a problem with that, it says that I need to find the location where my base is and exclude that from being deleted but I can't go to my base without crashing

I found a problem with that, it says that I need to find the location where my base is and exclude that from being deleted but I can't go to my base without crashing

OK, then do this:

1) Back up your entire saved game folder.

2) Clear you cache (all of it).

3) Go to your base, note what batch(es) it / they are in.

4) Exit, copy the batches noted above from the back up to the new save.

5) Profit!
  • matttitus1215matttitus1215 USA Join Date: 2016-11-23 Member: 224170Members
    Obraxis wrote: »

http://pastebin.com/nz7hHvUh
    System Info

http://pastebin.com/tPMjyX9p
    Output Log

The game was working fine on 11/21 but the crashes started yesterday and the game is unplayable now.

• The_AngelusThe_Angelus Join Date: 2016-11-23 Member: 224175Members
    Hello everyone

I have the same problem. I've been playing SubNautica since early 2016 without any worries. But since the last update I have crash similar to the above.

Asking here is my backup. => http://dl.free.fr/n7TIt9KlD

Thank you all and good continuation

PS. Sorry for my English this is translated from French to English by Google trad.
  • nidarennidaren European Union Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222911Members
    I am also experiencing constant crashes.

Savegame backup: Save file

Crash report: Crash report

Output log: pastebin.com/M6NLD9is

OK, then do this:

1) Back up your entire saved game folder.

2) Clear you cache (all of it).

3) Go to your base, note what batch(es) it / they are in.

4) Exit, copy the batches noted above from the back up to the new save.

5) Profit!

THIS WORKED!!!!!!! Thank you so much.
    Sweet!

Side note, here's my question now (not at anyone in particular),

If going near the base causes lag / crashing, and clearing the cache fixes it, but the area causing the lag & crashing isn't cleared, then why does clearing the cache still work? This makes me think there's something else wonky going on other than a straight "cache gets muddled after a while of use" deal.
  • matttitus1215matttitus1215 USA Join Date: 2016-11-23 Member: 224170Members
    How do I change my avatar?!?! Does Subnautica work yet?
  • MortisUKMortisUK UK Join Date: 2016-11-24 Member: 224199Members
    Here's my latest crash. I always seems to happen as I head towards the floating Island.

My Sysinfo: http://pastebin.com/8HknfyT6

Output Log : http://pastebin.com/E7HCiJ6s

Error text: http://pastebin.com/yUsZHMTC

Hope this helps.
    How do I change my avatar?!?! Does Subnautica work yet?

Click your avatar, then hover over it in the profile settings page that opens.