The luck thread

124»

Comments

• IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    Typically I'd lock down a necro thread.. but since it's been used rather often and is pretty good natured with fun vids /stories (instead of asking a question from 2012 or something outdated)..
    allw.gif
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    IronHorse wrote: »
    Typically I'd lock down a necro thread.. but since it's been used rather often and is pretty good natured with fun vids /stories (instead of asking a question from 2012 or something outdated)..
    allw.gif

You lock this thread, I'll cut you. ;)
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
  • G_LockG_Lock Playtester_ FL Join Date: 2013-04-03 Member: 184624Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    IronHorse wrote: »

Any skulk standing still on the floor /w 0 cover, regardless of being cloaked or not, deserves to be decimated..

#abstractskulkmovement
  • 2cough2cough Rocky Mountain High Join Date: 2013-03-14 Member: 183952Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    This one's old, keep forgetting about it. Pretty embarrassing for everyone involved, I think.

• migalskimigalski Boston Join Date: 2014-07-02 Member: 197181Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Some say i still fly away to this day....
  • 2cough2cough Rocky Mountain High Join Date: 2013-03-14 Member: 183952Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Hahaha, mig. that is insanely lucky.
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    Anybody have a link to that clip where Mega is a gorge and he perfectly circles around a crate that a marine is also circling around, looking for him, keeping the crate between them, and staying undetected in doing so?
  • SupaFredSupaFred Join Date: 2013-03-03 Member: 183652Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    BeigeAlert wrote: »
    Anybody have a link to that clip where Mega is a gorge and he perfectly circles around a crate that a marine is also circling around, looking for him, keeping the crate between them, and staying undetected in doing so?

Here it is. Leech was the gorge and Mega was looking for him. Some great gorging there.

While looking for it I found another example of great gorging that I just had to post.
    Both of those are classics.
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    SupaFred wrote: »
    While looking for it I found another example of great gorging that I just had to post.

When I was a rookie there was a match on docking where people would set up tunnels like that. Back then you could place them up in the buildings in landing pad. They got at least two exos - one of them me :D
    edited October 2016

When I was a rookie there was a match on docking where people would set up tunnels like that. Back then you could place them up in the buildings in landing pad. They got at least two exos - one of them me :D

I do miss the Terminal roof tunnel. :(

EDIT: Nevermind, with all these people disagreeing with me, I guess I don't miss them. I was wrong.
  • HandschuhHandschuh Join Date: 2005-03-08 Member: 44338Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Community Developer
    Killed dozens of lerks on refinery at smelting ..thanks to those marvellous hp bars.. :)
    You don't need to see them anymore :)
  • MoFo1MoFo1 United States Join Date: 2014-07-25 Member: 197612Members
    Handschuh wrote: »
    Killed dozens of lerks on refinery at smelting ..thanks to those marvellous hp bars.. :)
    You don't need to see them anymore :)

Don't try to tell any of the dev team that... To them HP bars give absolutely zero assistance whatsoever in keeping track of a target you've hit...
  • The_Welsh_WizardThe_Welsh_Wizard Join Date: 2013-09-10 Member: 188101Members, Reinforced - Supporter

I miss many tunnel placements too, but tunnels which were impossible to reach as marines was cancer.

I miss many tunnel placements too, but tunnels which were impossible to reach as marines was cancer.

True... but they should've just patched out the 4 or 5 spots that were like that instead of restricting tunnels to out in the open, which blocked off literally THOUSANDS of other places we should be able to drop them.
    MoFo1 wrote: »

True... but they should've just patched out the 4 or 5 spots that were like that instead of restricting tunnels to out in the open, which blocked off literally THOUSANDS of other places we should be able to drop them.

It wasn't 4 or 5, it was more like hundreds. If you have an argument for why a particular spot should allow a gorge tunnel, say so, and we can have one of our mappers add it in manually. It's much more manageable to have a strict rule for tunnel placement, but allow manual overriding, rather than playing whack-a-mole trying to patch out each individual troll spot as they are discovered.
    I'm tempted to reinstall the game just to hop on an empty server and start taking screenshots of the many places you can no longer drop tunnels even though they're easily within marine sight/reach (nothing up high)

In some cases it's just the entire perimeter of a room, forcing you to drop it out in the open.. Or preventing you from dropping it in time to get help or escape. (This happened to me the most in west junction on veil)
  • The_Welsh_WizardThe_Welsh_Wizard Join Date: 2013-09-10 Member: 188101Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    edited October 2016
    I'm tempted to reinstall the game just to hop on an empty server and start taking screenshots of the many places you can no longer drop tunnels even though they're easily within marine sight/reach (nothing up high)

Ok go.
    Can we please not sully this thread with mofo's whinging? Let's keep it lucky. Is good thread.
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver

In some cases it's just the entire perimeter of a room, forcing you to drop it out in the open.. Or preventing you from dropping it in time to get help or escape. (This happened to me the most in west junction on veil)

Do it! Take screenshots and provide explanations, and there will probably be fixes.
    Go ahead. :) Now please, let's get back on topic. If you want to discuss this further (please do! :) ) make a different thread.
    I dont think the gl alone would have killed him, but this made me chuckle inside when it happened. This was in a turtle, this fade had been goin back and forth between topo and sky thru marine start.

Excuse the poor editing. I don't do this.