Severe frame rate

Bengals84Bengals84 ohio Join Date: 2016-09-07 Member: 222129Members
The longer I play the game the worse the frame rate gets, any solutions I can do to help it? Also at time the resources such as quartz, copper ore and titanium do not spawn. I have to quit out and reload the game for them to spawn back. Also when this happens there is no sea life at all. I really do like the game though keep up the good work.

Comments

• Tlroa893Tlroa893 Join Date: 2016-08-09 Member: 221113Members
    Hard reset the Xbox
  • SirbatchuSirbatchu United Kingdom, Bristol Join Date: 2016-09-07 Member: 222136Members
    Unfortunately I have to agree with Bengals. I know that its a work around to reset the Xbox, However even after doing that. I still struggle with my FPS.

I have a fairly small base set up and the moment I enter it. My game lags big time.

Please fix FPS on XBOX One.
  • Bengals84Bengals84 ohio Join Date: 2016-09-07 Member: 222129Members
    I tried to play tonight and it was real bad. The Terrain takes like 5 minutes to fully load in once you get somewhere.
  • SirbatchuSirbatchu United Kingdom, Bristol Join Date: 2016-09-07 Member: 222136Members
    Yeah I am exactly the same at the moment. I want to play the game. I load it up. Then realise how laggy and Jerky it is, then quit cause it's unbearable.
    I try to place a beacon at every crash site I come across, for reference when navigating around. Could this be part of or the main the problem whith the lag? I probably have around 15 to 20.
  • bparkerson04bparkerson04 Join Date: 2016-08-21 Member: 221564Members
    edited September 2016
    The last time I played, my game would freeze when trying to save the game. I was in the lava zone if that has anything to do with it. @Obraxis
    I have a love hate thing with this game right now. I really like it and I am just starting to make so good progress, but the lag is unbearable. I know I am missing a ton of stuff because it takes so long to load the environment around me. It seems to be getting worse every time I play now. I really hope they can fix it soon.
  • XindiannaXindianna Join Date: 2016-09-20 Member: 222451Members
    I have the same problem as you guys. The game has become unplayable, log in and it's severe lag, it's got worse since creating my cyclops. My base isn't very big either. And it's so laggy, if your in your seamoth and chipping along, next thing you know you've crashed into the scenery because it hasn't loaded in fast enough. Please fix this awesome little game !!!
  • LocketWraithLocketWraith Join Date: 2016-08-26 Member: 221733Members
    Bengals84 wrote: »
    The longer I play the game the worse the frame rate gets, any solutions I can do to help it? Also at time the resources such as quartz, copper ore and titanium do not spawn. I have to quit out and reload the game for them to spawn back. Also when this happens there is no sea life at all. I really do like the game though keep up the good work.

Go to a different location for a little bit, Go to the dunes where there are little things to load and your FPS will stop being a little bitch after a period of time, Fight a reaper or crash into the sand sharks so you don't get completely bored, A fun thing I like to do is see how long I can circle around the reaper before he grabs me. When your FPS is at a decent rate go back to where you wanna go and like 60% of the time the FPS goes back to normal.
  • Slim360Slim360 Austria Join Date: 2016-09-02 Member: 221992Members
    edited September 2016
    Nice tip. Have to try it. My base is also not the smallest, so my frame rate is also pretty weak. I bough a second copy of subnautica for PC just to get a better frame rate and a better range of view (and to support this great game). On XBox I don't dive in big caves because i can't find a way out cause of the range of view.
    The sonar really helps with finding your way out of the caves. As far as waiting for everything to load, can I just load the game up and let my guy sit at the base for awhile and it do the same thing. I mean literally just walk away for like 20 minutes or so and come back and it be better.
  • TakezacheezeTakezacheeze Join Date: 2016-09-19 Member: 222426Members
    yeah, the game in itself is great but when you run into aggresive fauna such as the reaper, if your going too fast in a seamoth, it might not even load untill its too late.
  • THORONOS_THORONOS_ Bootleg Couch Join Date: 2016-10-12 Member: 223067Members
    For me, the game just breaks the framerate to the point where the game is completely unplayable.
    At first the save ran normally as normally can be on Xbox.
    Then I loaded it up again a few minutes ago and it went straight down to permanent 1 fps.
    I have no idea if it's permanent, but it feels that way since 1 fps ruines everything.
    I honestly don't know why this keeps happening. I haven't even built anything nor have I deployed anything in-game, but it just decides to completely destroy the framerate.
    If there are any ways to fix this, please let me know.
  • MayaMidnightMayaMidnight NC Join Date: 2016-05-20 Member: 217074Members
    I've been having the same issue. The game worked perfectly the day the update first came out, not even a single bit of lag for me. I took a break from the game for a few days only to start up my save and have the framerate bottom out completely for no reason why. It confuses me because I only played the game for maybe 3-4 hours the day the update came out and hadn't played it again until yesterday.
  • Capt_JohansonCapt_Johanson California Join Date: 2016-07-14 Member: 220245Members
    edited October 2016
    I have been playing for about 150 hrs. Got so frustrated with the frame rate becoming an increasingly severe problem that I uninstalled and re-installed the game, did a hard reset on my xbox, WIPED my save data and started a new game and there is still unbearable frame rate issues to the point of not being able to play. I love this game, so doing everything all over again is not a bad thing for me, but I am unable to even play the game, really, due to how bad the frame rate is. I cant submit any other feed back since I'm not really able to progress very far due to this issue.
    DEVS - In my humble opinion. The frame rate issue should be a top priority for xbox. I am unable to do much at all due to the issue and can provide limited to no feedback on other aspects of the game.
    That being said, still a huge fan of the game and love all the hard work you guys have been doing to make this game great. Its definitely a unique and addicting game.
  • CAPSHAWCAPSHAW Nevada Join Date: 2016-09-29 Member: 222692Members
    It is important to understand that the game has not been optimized for Xbox, and in some cases, it does seem the like Xbox is not optimized for games. The Xbox is a $300ish dollar console. A PC of that price would hardly be able to run this game at all, especially with RAM issues. The console simply does not have the capacity to run a PC game like that. The devs are working on content specifically, and having a proof of concept. The goal is to have a nice game by v1.0, not by right now. Keep in mind that this is the first console game they've ever done. The Xbox one has a few special hardware components that PC developers do not have to deal with. It is honestly amazing that the PC and Xbox One version are so similar this far in. Be patient with them, and thankful that they didn't make it just for PS4, or that they made a console version at all.
  • BloodOathMateBloodOathMate Brisbane Australia Join Date: 2016-07-10 Member: 219960Members
    With 9 named beacons and nothing built the fps is a disgrace. Its like a slide show if i try to turn around. Forget trying to build anything. This a fantastic game/idea (in fact, the best in years), but unless something is drastically done to improve the fps its just another FLOP. It cant handle the basic gameplay so the devs should fix the basics BEFORE anything else. If this was a free game i wouldnt complain, however after paying for it, i would expect even tho preview, it should pass the basic gameplay requirements. It should NEVER have been released if not suitable for xbox as yet. Every pc is different but almost every xbox is the same, so no excuses regarding playability please. Makes me wonder if this was simply to cash in on xbox players as others have done. Please fix the basics.
  • GreybeardGreybeard USA Join Date: 2016-09-24 Member: 222538Members
    I've already left a similar comment on a similar thread, but, yeah; right after the update, it ran pretty dang good... for a little while. Then just progressively got worse. I don't think player's building or what not are the issue, as it started long before I built a base. It eases up a tiny bit in some areas, but the starting shallows are darn near impossible to navigate (perhaps too much creepvine?).

I haven't been able to get it to return to the fairly decent frame rate it had on my first few hours after the update (soft or hard resets did nothing). I love this game, I'll keep my chin up, and continue to wait patiently for optimization. It's paid for, after all. Sadly, I won't be dipping my toes in daily, as the performance makes it harder to play than ever.

Hopefully, the game will get finished (early access survival games have a wretched completion rate). If it makes it that far, and gets optimized, it will be fun to play (and scary!). I look forward to it. So, to the other posters, I feel your frustration, concern, and disappointment at not being able to really enjoy it all recently. Hang in there, you're not alone!
  • yellowsubyellowsub manchester Join Date: 2016-07-21 Member: 220525Members
    I agree with most here. The game is good and getting better all the time but the fps is a joke it makes game play akin to watching poor quality stop motion. This wouldn't be a problem if this was a turn based game but anything requiring timing is out. The constant delayed spawning of resources or creatures means I'm constantly having to save for fear of attack by phantom stalkers. I wonder if this poor frame rate was the inspiration for the warpers.

In simple conclusion I agree that fix the basics first then add more stuff in otherwise your lagging an already slow game.
  • gustavo_sanchezgustavo_sanchez Join Date: 2016-10-13 Member: 223103Members
    I know that the devs said they working on it a few weeks ago, but this has been a showstopper for me. I hope they give some status soon at least on the progress.
  • CannerCanner Tx Join Date: 2016-10-16 Member: 223176Members
    I've completely wiped my save twice to attempt to fix the framerate, but after about 2 hours of play my frames go down to about 3 FPS every time. I really hope that the devs fix this. If anyone knows any way to at least slighly improve the framerate please post them here.
  • CannerCanner Tx Join Date: 2016-10-16 Member: 223176Members
    And hard resets barely help at all.
  • woky12woky12 Uk Join Date: 2016-10-18 Member: 223214Members
    Frame rate is better in the grand reef area as i think the xbox struggles to keep on top of the kelp and the amount of fish swimming around :( so i have a base near the edge of the grand reef that i am exploring with a seamoth and the prawn suit. I am loving the game but the frame rate is so frustrating :
  • SeanKHSeanKH Severn, MD Join Date: 2016-10-20 Member: 223263Members
    Canner wrote: »
    I've completely wiped my save twice to attempt to fix the framerate, but after about 2 hours of play my frames go down to about 3 FPS every time. I really hope that the devs fix this. If anyone knows any way to at least slighly improve the framerate please post them here.

This may not sound like much fun to most, but it at least allowed me to play the game with little frame rate issues. I noticed that with each new game I started, once I obtained and built the SeaMoth/Prawn/Cyclops and started using either one, the frame rate would take a major nose dive.

So I experimented with a new game and opted to NOT build any of the vehicles. Yes, I know, crazy. Swim everywhere? Yup. Frame rate improved immediately. The few times it did get somewhat bad was in heavily populated areas. Once I left that area, the frame rate began to improve again. I figured hey, at least I get to play the game and I'll wait for the final release to savor using the vehicles.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    I play on PC, and have framerate issues, and I got one of my coworkers hooked on this on the XB1... he stopped playing because he can't really play anymore because of this.

He sent me this:

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Articule Mort/video/22587396

That's pretty bad. :(
  • gustavo_sanchezgustavo_sanchez Join Date: 2016-10-13 Member: 223103Members
    Yeah, on the Xbox, even looking around is laggy.
  • dexter397dexter397 U.S.A. Join Date: 2016-06-12 Member: 218486Members
    edited October 2016
    0x6A7232 wrote: »
    I play on PC, and have framerate issues, and I got one of my coworkers hooked on this on the XB1... he stopped playing because he can't really play anymore because of this.

He sent me this:

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Articule Mort/video/22587396

That's pretty bad. :(

Oh my god that is so laggy, I do not blame him for deciding to stop playing, I would too if my game was like that