Changes To the Aurora

SanguisDiabolusSanguisDiabolus Join Date: 2016-07-30 Member: 220790Members
Haven't played since the last 2 major updates; the Aurora update, the PRAWN, and now the Dangerous Creatures update.
Started a new game, but couldn't find the underwater entrance to the Aurora that brings you into the reactor room. Is it no longer there, or now on the other side of the ship?
Climbed the alternate path up through the wreckage, however that path now leads to a small 'Administration' room, and a ramp to the cargo bay blocked by wreckage and crates. Did find a propulsion cannon fragment inside though.
Is the propulsion cannon new required the explore the Aurora? To clear away those crates at the bottom of the ramp?

Comments

• bwc153bwc153 Shawnee, KS, US Join Date: 2016-02-29 Member: 213659Members
    edited October 2016
    The side entrance was removed, as it was too easy to fix the Aurora before. Now one enters only from the front from two entrances, the new one is blocked by wreckage, the old one is blocked by wreckage but this wreckage can be jumped over.

The only tools you guaranteed need to explore the Aurora to it's fullest extent is the Laser Cutter and a Welder. (Most of it accessible without the laser cutter - it's designed to encourage player to go in, fix the reactor, then come back later after they get a laser cutter)
  • SanguisDiabolusSanguisDiabolus Join Date: 2016-07-30 Member: 220790Members
    Alright so if I acquire a propulsion cannon I can clear that debris in the lower doorway? I also tried jumping over the debris blocking the hallway at the bottom of the ramp but to no avail.
  • bwc153bwc153 Shawnee, KS, US Join Date: 2016-02-29 Member: 213659Members
    Yes, the propulsion cannon can clear BOTH obstructions. To jump over the one in the hallway you need to jump on the crate to your left first, then sprint-jump over the obstacles from there.
  • SanguisDiabolusSanguisDiabolus Join Date: 2016-07-30 Member: 220790Members
    Much appreciated. I'll give it another go then.
  • randomstrangerrandomstranger somewhere Join Date: 2016-10-10 Member: 223020Members
    wait, where is the entrance exactly? i've tried looking for an opening at the front with the camera in the cyclops but couldn't see anything, then when i went out and swam closer i got attacked by an angry leviathan.could someone please take a screenshot of the entrance?
  • SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members
    @randomstranger are you playing in survival or creative? If the ship has exploded, the entire front end is blown open - you can just swim or drive the seamoth through the remains. Once you get in there, you'll find that there are broken decks extending into the water that you can just walk up on and go explore the ship. So the "entrance" doesn't really look like a hole or a door or something - it's just the busted bow of the ship.

If you're in creative, however, then these are not exposed because the ship doesn't blow up.
  • randomstrangerrandomstranger somewhere Join Date: 2016-10-10 Member: 223020Members
    i was playing in survival but i was playing on an older save before the update, so that might be the problem

also, are there supposed to be crates and stuff on this platform so i can distinguish it from the rest of the ship?
  • SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members
    Just drive the cyclops around the front of the Aurora so you're coming at it head-on and you can sail it right into the wreckage. Then just look for decks that stick down into the water that you can use to walk up on. I tried to get you some screenshots, but apparently I can't take screenshots right now. I haven't worked out why.
  • MiralityMirality New Zealand Join Date: 2016-08-05 Member: 221004Members
    edited October 2016
    And remember that the front is the end that's normally furthest away from your lifepod. If you go to where the side entrance used to be and put it on your right side (or face it and turn left, whichever is easiest for you), then go forwards after that.
  • SamNauticaSamNautica Join Date: 2016-08-22 Member: 221596Members
    DO NOT FORGET A FIRE EXTINGUISHER!
    SamNautica wrote: »
    DO NOT FORGET A FIRE EXTINGUISHER!

You can find them on the ship easily. No need to pack one (although it never hurts).

@randomstranger Got the screenshots working;

You want to approach this;
    FCFEF74E29095513433C8D88882336D179D4178F

Then drive the cyclops around so it looks like this;
    74FA38A247649E64F4E2988CCD8514174818C63A

Then drive it in. You'll see this; These are your ways in. The first one involves climbing up, and the second involves going down.
    33673EC2B7CB87A2D209C1D5A615B02B73ABBB93
    EB9719B1B37AF10C0C24F92EB5763367D317185F

If you take the first path, you can look down at the ship like so;
    1E61DBE866CB1EE4051DC9F99A0D3588AE1408FC
    thanks that helped alot now i have a PRAWN suit
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    bwc153 wrote: »
    The side entrance was removed, as it was too easy to fix the Aurora before. Now one enters only from the front from two entrances, the new one is blocked by wreckage, the old one is blocked by wreckage but this wreckage can be jumped over.

The only tools you guaranteed need to explore the Aurora to it's fullest extent is the Laser Cutter and a Welder. (Most of it accessible without the laser cutter - it's designed to encourage player to go in, fix the reactor, then come back later after they get a laser cutter)

They removed one of the three boxes, so you can't jump anymore. At least, on the experimental branch (ya know, the one with the disappearing Cyclops fix..)
    Glad to help @randomstranger.

I've never had a disappearing cyclops issue. Not surprised they changed the debris - it's clearly meant to be a propulsion cannon needed situation.