Subnautica crashes before main menu appears please help I want to play subnautica again :(

jetolerjetoler USA Join Date: 2016-04-14 Member: 215741Members
Output_Log.txt file: http://pastebin.com/1bdQtjk1
dxdiag.exe file: http://pastebin.com/vhSDAh8k
Error file: http://pastebin.com/tdWPLTvi

Everytime I click on the game it crashes before the main menu pop up, infact, it crashes before the window has a chance to appear. It's been happening since i deleted subnautica about a week or 2 ago. I got it back and it just won't work.

I'd like to mention im running 64bit windows 10, and the output log says something about oculus even though i don't have an oculus rift and i'm pretty sure I didn't get the oculus rift version of the game.
Any questions, ask me.

Comments

• BodphastBodphast Victoria BC Join Date: 2016-10-01 Member: 222737Members
    I sent an email with all my info as well. I am having the same issue. I played last night no problem, tried to launch it today and ....crash. I noticed in the log file about oculus as well and do not have one. May just be part of the initialization check when the game starts. Anyhow, love to get 'er going again.

Cheers,
  • ConsoleCommandsOPConsoleCommandsOP Colorado Join Date: 2016-10-01 Member: 222739Members
    Hey guys, try updating your OS, and GPU drivers if you haven't done so recently. I just tried it and now the game launches from steam and desktop shortcut. Try restarting a couple times too because that's what I did as well. Hopefully you guys get the same luck as I did.
    Thanks for the info CCO. Tried all that and still to no avail. Not sure what changed but after the windows update crashes every time I try to run it. It crashes right away....no load screen or anything just crash message and request to send logs in to assist in troubleshooting.
  • TheRealDeadlockTheRealDeadlock Southern tip of Africa Join Date: 2016-09-17 Member: 222376Members
    Hi Guys,

Yeah I'm experiencing the same issue. Subnautica crashes when trying to launch!

See crash report below:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Byp_-r-R3TwmQndOSzNBc1NUZkk
  • TheistheendTheistheend Join Date: 2016-10-01 Member: 222748Members
    hello,

I have the same probleem. I play yet yesterdays without any troubles. This morning new update and the game doesnt want to start. he directly crash, i only have a crash message xith a report.

Please, fix it
  • TheRealDeadlockTheRealDeadlock Southern tip of Africa Join Date: 2016-09-17 Member: 222376Members
    edited October 2016
    I think I might have found the issue.

It seems (in my case anyway) that Subnautica cannot load the Oculus Rift Plugin for Unity. What I did to fix the issue was to download version 1.3 of the Oculus Rift Plugin for Unity from here, I then extracted the OVRPlugin.dll file under Win64 (because I'm running Windows 10 64bit) to [Your Steam Folder Here]\SteamApps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Plugins\

Problem sorted ;)
  • JeffGerdesJeffGerdes USA Join Date: 2016-10-01 Member: 222754Members

It seems (in my case anyway) that Subnautica cannot load the Oculus Rift Plugin for Unity. What I did to fix the issue was to download version 1.3 of the Oculus Rift Plugin for Unity from here, I then extracted the OVRPlugin.dll file under Win64 (because I'm running Windows 10 64bit) to [Your Steam Folder Here]\SteamApps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Plugins\

Problem sorted ;)

I created an account just to say that this absolutely worked for me. Thx man!
  • The_AssimilatorThe_Assimilator ZA Join Date: 2016-10-01 Member: 222756Members
    edited October 2016

Problem sorted ;)

This worked for me too, you da real MVP! -1 to UW though. :(
  • Tom2121Tom2121 USA, VA Join Date: 2016-09-04 Member: 222057Members
    OK i tuck it OFF "Experimental" AND IT WORKS!!!!!
    So It's the Experimental Patch That's Doing it! NOT My Computer!!!
    This also worked for me!!!! Thank-you so very much!!!!! Awesome, now if you'll excuse me I have some exploring and building to do!!
    Been there!, Done That!, And Going Back in Soon!!
  • jetolerjetoler USA Join Date: 2016-04-14 Member: 215741Members

Problem sorted ;)

Seems to not work. I tried putting the oculus file in there but there was already one in there.
    jetoler wrote: »

Problem sorted ;)

Seems to not work. I tried putting the oculus file in there but there was already one in there.

Rename the existing file to OVRPlugin.dll.old, then extract the OVRPlugin.dll ;)
    Oh it Worked For Me!!!! Thank You!! "TheRealDeadlock"!!!!!!!!

Been Playing "Experimental" All Night!!

• nzg41nzg41 america Join Date: 2016-04-01 Member: 215167Members
    Tom2121 wrote: »
    Oh it Worked For Me!!!! Thank You!! "TheRealDeadlock"!!!!!!!!

Been Playing "Experimental" All Night!!
    jetoler wrote: »

Problem sorted ;)

Rename the existing file to OVRPlugin.dll.old, then extract the OVRPlugin.dll ;)

no dice freind,perhaps my issue is differnt
  • alphatoasteralphatoaster Join Date: 2016-09-27 Member: 222649Members
    OVRPlugin fix worked for me. I had switched to stable and had to switch back and re-download an update from Steam.

After the update from switching back to experimental, I changed the OVRPlugin.dll and it worked.

Now I'm off to go make the base I've been thinking about for days....

Thank you!

:smiley:
  • TheistheendTheistheend Join Date: 2016-10-01 Member: 222748Members
    ty very much dreadlock, you save us. That work again, good job.
  • ShyGuyXXLShyGuyXXL Join Date: 2016-08-24 Member: 221692Members
    edited October 2016
    I'm not sure if this is the same problem that I've been having, it sounds very similar but doing what TheRealDeadlock said didn't change anything.
    Here's my problem:
    http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/comment/2309006#Comment_2309006

A lot of other people have the same problem so I wouldn't be surprised if this was the same thing. But like I said, switching the OVRPlugin.dll didn't fix it.

Please help! :(
    edited October 2016
    ShyGuyXXL wrote: »
    I'm not sure if this is the same problem that I've been having, it sounds very similar but doing what TheRealDeadlock said didn't change anything.
    Here's my problem:

A lot of other people have the same problem so I wouldn't be surprised if this was the same thing. But like I said, switching the OVRPlugin.dll didn't fix it.

Hi,

Yeah I scanned through your output log file and the error raised by the game / engine is completely different to the one I experienced. It seems to be running out of stack space (commonly caused by a function calling itself too many times).
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    edited October 2016
    Thanks for reporting, we're looking into this.

Just a reminder: If you're playing Experimental Expect it to crash and not work from time to time.

This is our LIVE development build so things will break. If you dont want interruptions like this in the future, switch back to the Stable version.
  • supermangsupermang Australia Join Date: 2016-03-16 Member: 214286Members
    Are you guys forcing exclusive fullscreen in the launch options (-window-mode exclusive)? That has been crashing the game in Experimental recently.
  • Dr_Von_LoijDr_Von_Loij San Francisco Bay Join Date: 2015-09-07 Member: 207781Members
    edited October 2016
    Thanks CONSOLECOMMANDSOP and OBRAXIS Same issues as others but have new Nvidia Drivers and am now downloading Windows 10, version 1607. Hopefully this will allow me to run experimental mode again. I can only run regular stable version and am really missing all the fun of playing on experimental. Will give an update when version 1607 is installed and I try experimental again. Till then I will be adding to the 655 hours with the regular game play.

**Update** Windows 10 update version 1607 fixed my CTD problem when trying to load Subnautica Experimental mode. Thanks again ConsoleCommandOP and Obraxis.
    Here's my problem:

Hi,

Yeah I scanned through your output log file and the error raised by the game / engine is completely different to the one I experienced. It seems to be running out of stack space (commonly caused by a function calling itself too many times).

Okay... so.. what can I do? D:

Btw, I'm pretty sure I'm not running the game on Experimental. But even if I was, how can I change it if I can't open the game? What file would I have to alter? Besides, wouldn't uninstalling and re-installing the game revert the setting?
  • nzg41nzg41 america Join Date: 2016-04-01 Member: 215167Members
    Here's my problem:

Hi,

Okay... so.. what can I do? D:

Btw, I'm pretty sure I'm not running the game on Experimental. But even if I was, how can I change it if I can't open the game? What file would I have to alter? Besides, wouldn't uninstalling and re-installing the game revert the setting?

hello again! you comment on my side of the problem with the box thing, but to change to expermental you just check the setting in steam,right click on the name,click propertys and go into betas seeclt expermental and wait a bit for the download,vis versa for switching to stable, to see if its expemrenal it should say [expermental]next to subnotica on your steam libary
  • Gourmet_GuyGourmet_Guy Ohio Join Date: 2016-06-16 Member: 218647Members
    Anyone here know how to fix unreadable mono log files? Stopped my game from working.
    Anyone here know how to fix unreadable mono log files? Stopped my game from working.

I didn't have any betas enabled.
    So I tried enabling it, let it update, but the result is still the same.
    So I turned it back to regular Subnautica.

Damnit... I just wanna play the game again!
  • nockainnockain USA-Miami Join Date: 2016-11-08 Member: 223744Members
    I am a HTC user, live and buy the game since it was only oculus rift to help you create a future version like this.

And this morning when I can finally play,
    My main menu appears to the right and very down in my htc. I can not play it like that. The game is the best guys

I'm like in the air in the game. My game center is on top, I'm in the air. Please help me.