[Bug] Texture glitch after picking up infected fish [38366]

DrCogsyDrCogsy Join Date: 2016-09-24 Member: 222567Members
edited September 2016 in Subnautica Bug Reporting
Subnautica Version

Description
After picking up a Carar-infected fish (tested so far with peepers, bladderfish, boomerangs and garryfish) and putting it away, the Carar glowing textures will remain in your line of sight (it will actually turn as you move your head, as if the fish model was stuck to your character).

Reproduction Steps
  1. Pick up a Carar-infected fish
  2. Put it away

Pictures
Y92AODK.jpg
JlBwqQ6.jpg
eGwCNyj.jpg

Edit: Another thread on the same topic http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/145289/bug-bad-textures-post-dangerous-creatures-update

Edit 2: As of version 38542, this bug has been fixed.

Comments

• EvilSmooEvilSmoo Join Date: 2008-02-16 Member: 63662Members
    Also, infected fish don't show effects in the aquarium, but they do have the effect in an alien containment.
  • scubascuba Join Date: 2016-09-25 Member: 222584Members
    edited September 2016
    This is a game breaking bug for someone who likes to catch lots of fish! I literally died because I was catching so many fish and the textures were all over my screen so bad I couldn't find my way out of a cave. v38226 is the last version without this glitch.
    Glitch still present in 38370. I wish the changelog was still working so I can see when I can update my game without being blinded by infected fish.
  • scubamattscubamatt Georgia, USA Join Date: 2016-05-22 Member: 217295Members
    I'e stopped playing, until this particular glitch is resolved, its game crippling for me.
    scubamatt wrote: »
    I'e stopped playing, until this particular glitch is resolved, its game crippling for me.

Just play v38226 it is the experimental just before they introduced this glitch. That is what I am doing.
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    edited September 2016

I would recommend that you switch to the stable public build of the game. Experimental is as it's name; experimental. Things will break often.
  • scubamattscubamatt Georgia, USA Join Date: 2016-05-22 Member: 217295Members
    edited September 2016
    Obraxis wrote: »

I would recommend that you switch to the stable public build of the game. Experimental is as it's name; experimental. Things will break often.

I *am* playing in Stable, Survival mode. I do not, have not ever, played in Experimental. See my thread in the Bug Report forum area for pics and details, thanks.
    Obraxis wrote: »

I *am* playing in Stable, Survival mode. I do not, have not ever, played in Experimental. See my thread in the Bug Report forum area for pics and details, thanks.

Update to the newest experimental they fixed this glitch along with the disappearing cyclops!