Any one have a good Silver Place ?

ArgonauticaArgonautica Join Date: 2016-09-07 Member: 222138Members
Hello any one, and sorry for my much Questions here, but...

did any one have a really good Silver Place ?
i run out of Silver, and search for Hours, but nearly nothing to find.

got a lot of other Mats, but Silver is very very very rare ....

best Result i have on the Riff with the Pirscher, in a Deep of ~ 50 Meter maybe ~ 20x max 25 but that s all.
i am running out :( the game need so much "CPU Chips" i dont know there to get more :(

Comments

• BDelacroixBDelacroix Florida Join Date: 2016-04-08 Member: 215511Members
    I am not sure, but I seem to have better luck on cliffs around the red grass areas.
  • GreyFox33GreyFox33 Australia Join Date: 2016-07-13 Member: 220145Members
    Ive had a bit of luck finding some silver SW from the safe shallows in the thermal vent there. Also, just nearby is a kelp forest which is free from stalkers, in there you will find a narrow canyon which leads into the grand reef, it has silver in it also.
  • scubamattscubamatt Georgia, USA Join Date: 2016-05-22 Member: 217295Members
    Just remember that with the latest update, you now take damage from the hot water around a thermal vent. You'e going to trade health for the opportunity to harvest silver from those vents, especially early in the game when you don't have a PRAWN.
  • DumaDuma Oklahoma Join Date: 2016-02-02 Member: 212475Members
    scubamatt wrote: »
    Just remember that with the latest update, you now take damage from the hot water around a thermal vent. You'e going to trade health for the opportunity to harvest silver from those vents, especially early in the game when you don't have a PRAWN.

I harvested silver from one of those. Hollows and all. Didn't trade a bit of health.
  • SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members
    I make a point of not scanning sandstone deposits. Then every time I go near one I get a "you can scan this" blip, and I know to go break it.
  • ArgonauticaArgonautica Join Date: 2016-09-07 Member: 222138Members
    edited September 2016
    1. thank you for your respond / Awnser :)

nice community here, really !!!

now: i read:
    early in the game when you don't have a PRAWN.

i dont know, i do not have a Prawn.
    ( ah, question: can Prawm + Seamot be together in Hanger or only Prawn or Seamoth ?)

to my person:
    i am more like "Nemo", and enjoy the Game this way very much.
    Have my Nautilus ( Cyclops ) full of Lockers, and are more like a collector, for all Mats i can find,
    to have all "aboard" to construckt all i want ( like "Tischkorallen, Titan, Quarz and so one )

my Base is only good for Emergency and to build Upgrades for Seamoth, for nothing other i need ( i play without Food, it s nicer to me :) )

so:
    Silver yesterday i found near the red Grass Riffs, but not much ~ 8x is okay, first i got some for Emergancy.

the other Thigns i need to find.
    I am absolutly new in Subnautica, but i have now 50 hours in 3 Days, i think this tells a lot...

dont know what all i can find to, i am most center of the Map. My travel is: Seagrass Land,
    i was also at the Mashroom forest
    i see the Sand Duenes ( i think that s near the Crash Place of Aurora )
    Farm the Crash Place of Aurora (can not inside Aurora, only the place around) and "shoked" by more than 10 Atakks of Leviathans
    but i survive ^^ sometimes it s a thing of mm...

and now i dont know there to go.

AH:
    yesterday i find the Logs in the old Habitat, ( there Marguerit also is called)
    There is written, she want to build a Habitat "East" from there, 1 KM Away, 500 Meters deep.

the Deep is not that problem
    the East ( i build a Compass yesterday ) is also no problem
    but how i can find 1 KM ? There is no "KM Instrument" ?

is there any Sign to found for or something ?

The Places there you farm, i will chack.
    It takes me long time to learn, i can use the "Kreislauftauchgerät", early i do all in the Blai Suite ( against Atomic )
    and loose my O2 very fast in high deeps.
    now is better.

also i learn very late, that i can carry more than 1 o2 Bottles, so i have very big problems in the past
    with high Deeps, now all is nice :)

i hope i can find the Places you write, because: it s hard to know "where i am"
    i am happy to find the one or other Place

i dont know how much of the Map i know
    can be all, or can be only a small part

i dont know. There is no "Map" inside the game, that i miss mostly
    i hope this comes in later Updates, to know : what did you have explored, what not like a Undersea map.

this time i use Signs ( Boje ) to find places again.

Ah, one Question to ...

are there more places to find like this ?
    it s absolutly fascinating there , this was - epic to me.
    or is this the only Place / yet. ?

( Yes or No is enugh, because: do not spoiler to much :) )
  • DrownedOutDrownedOut Habitat Join Date: 2016-05-26 Member: 217559Members
    edited September 2016
    • You cannot park the PRAWN and Seamoth concurrently in the same moonpool. You can switch them out, but it's easier to just build two moonpools.
    • The "Habitat "East" from there, 1 KM Away, 500 Meters deep." is not in the game yet. You cannot find it because it doesn't exist.
    • There is however, another abandoned base to find at the moment. It's actually the intended first base to find; you've found the second one.

There is a convoluted way to get a map in your game. It is not intended to play like this, but it is possible. Map spoiler warning: Here's a link to a guide.
    Very thank you, i think i give the Map "a Try"

the most Places i have seen, for me is more important to know what place i am @ the time.
    but that need an active Map :9 and this is not inside yet.

hope i have enugh content left to see, have a lot explored now.
    and the game is just ---- absolutly epic, i love it very much.
  • CaptagearCaptagear Join Date: 2016-08-28 Member: 221804Members
    edited September 2016
  • MrRoarkeMrRoarke Join Date: 2016-05-16 Member: 216830Members
    I've been finding a lot of silver inside the caves in the Kelp Forest.
    I've been finding a lot of silver inside the caves in the Kelp Forest.

... will visit today :) first i empty my Locker ^^ rofl :)

Want to build "Atlantis" ( my new Base ) so i collect Materials like a crazy workoholic :)
  • TyderfTyderf Join Date: 2015-12-31 Member: 210696Members
    edited September 2016
    Make an exosuit with a drill arm and there will be grey outcrops you can drill and they give you so much silver. I got 10 silver from one of them. There are a few around lifepod 6 going past the kelp forest then turn west and into the grassy plateaus.
  • TalisseraTalissera Join Date: 2016-09-03 Member: 222023Members
    Best places for silver are caves in Kelp Forest (just look for any hole, 90% it's a sandstone chunk, 10% for limstone), and if the map is static
    according to this map http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/subnautica/images/9/9e/Subnautica_NewMap.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20160515015320
    there is a thermal hole in Safe Shallows (middle of the map) where there is a lot silver chunk in the caves.
  • TerraBladeTerraBlade Join Date: 2015-05-25 Member: 204886Members
    Hello any one, and sorry for my much Questions here, but...

did any one have a really good Silver Place ?
    i run out of Silver, and search for Hours, but nearly nothing to find.

got a lot of other Mats, but Silver is very very very rare ....

best Result i have on the Riff with the Pirscher, in a Deep of ~ 50 Meter maybe ~ 20x max 25 but that s all.
    i am running out :( the game need so much "CPU Chips" i dont know there to get more :(

If you have the PRWN suit and have the drill arm there is a 'dunes' kind of area to the SSW of the lifepod you start with (it seems to be a static spawn area). If you haven't gotten that far, I usually have luck in the kelp forest and red seaweed areas.

I would strongly recommend going for the drill arm as soon as possible. It's fantastic for quickly getting things you need. I have not had any resource trouble since getting it (except for lead, which I haven't found a good spot for). Now if only I didn't have to worry about coral glitching and not breaking when I cut them.
  • Dj0219Dj0219 Join Date: 2016-05-20 Member: 217102Members
    If you how the exosuit or prwn you can get the drill arm and the rock you be looking for is a sliver and you can't pick it up but it will give you plenty of sliver