cyclops is missing after saving.

NosscarNosscar UK Join Date: 2016-08-18 Member: 221473Members

I have twice now built a Cyclops, and both times it has gone missing after saving and reloading the game. I even tried to create one using the console command, but after restarting the game, that has gone too, and my seamoth went with it.
It really is a bit of a grind getting all the stuff to make the cyclops, and i have done it twice now. is there a permanant way to get both my ships back. thanks for any help offered.

Comments

• CheekySparrowCheekySparrow Russia, Sochi Join Date: 2016-08-26 Member: 221730Members
    yea, it happened to me too today. Of all the things to disapppear they (the bugs in the code) chose the most expensive :( Really pissed..
  • AlarethAlareth USA Join Date: 2016-08-25 Member: 221710Members
    I had the same issue with a new game i started yesterday.

After spawning in the third replacement it hasn't disappeared from my game again ... yet
  • DactylosDactylos United States Join Date: 2016-07-11 Member: 220055Members
    This just happened to me... it vanished with everything I had in it. Including the seamoth. How do I use the console to respawn it?
  • WaterfallWaterfall Cherbourg/FR Join Date: 2016-03-27 Member: 214918Members
    Dactylos wrote: »
    This just happened to me... it vanished with everything I had in it. Including the seamoth. How do I use the console to respawn it?

F3 -> F8 to click "disable console"
    Close everything (F8 and F3) and press space.

Spawn seamoth
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts

Once you open the console,. type
    sub cyclops

We're investigating this bug. Hopefully we can fix it soon.
    Appreciated. I'll just keep the cyclops empty for now, I suppose.
  • jcscribblesjcscribbles Join Date: 2016-08-28 Member: 221806Members
    edited August 2016
    So I wanted to expand this issue. I also had a Cyclops disappear on me. My story is that I sunk my first cyclops (lol), and then proceeded to create a new one. Late this evening I logged in, where I was in my second cyclops when saved. It dumped me in water, second cyclops gone. However, the first one, the one that I sunk, is still there. Now I've tried to see if I can get a pressure compensator in there to weld it, but welding doesn't work even after using the pressure compensator, so I think it's a lost cause. I just find it weird that the first one hasn't disappeared.

On another note, I cannot spawn a third cyclops, using both the mobile platform to create it, nor through commands. What happens with directly spawning, it shows it to be "under construction", and my framerate drops to 2-3 fps before eventually crashing. This framerate issue happens regardless with using the platform to create it or using commands.

Weird bug I tell yea.

PS this is on the latest experimental BTW.
    Does this only happen when saving inside the cyclops? Can you avoid it? Right now I'm worried to even play the game anymore, because I'm at the stage where I move my base inside the cyclops. And if it vanishes, thats really not good.
  • AlarethAlareth USA Join Date: 2016-08-25 Member: 221710Members
    Does this only happen when saving inside the cyclops? Can you avoid it? Right now I'm worried to even play the game anymore, because I'm at the stage where I move my base inside the cyclops. And if it vanishes, thats really not good.

It happens regardless of where you are when you save.

Since Thursday I've lost 3 Cyclops's in total. The first one I built normally and the next 3 I spawned in as replacements. The 3rd replacement seems to be sticking around, but I still make sure nothing is docked in it and clear out the lockers before I save just in case.
    I guess I'll wait till the bug is fixed. Ah well. I had fun derping around inside the Aurora, at least.
  • logician93logician93 Netherlands Join Date: 2016-08-31 Member: 221931Members
    I was really hoping this would have been hotfixed by now. :neutral:
  • Harry82Harry82 France Join Date: 2016-08-23 Member: 221617Members
    edited August 2016
    Me too, but it's only been a few days or so. Considering its affecting a LOT of people and the importance of the Cyclops for progression/playing I'm sure there's lots of us hoping the same thing.
    Anyone know a good place to watch for updates?
  • GenghisConnorGenghisConnor Usa Join Date: 2016-08-25 Member: 221720Members
  • LonnehartLonnehart Guam Join Date: 2016-06-20 Member: 218816Members
    edited September 2016
    Looks like I have this bug as well. I saved inside my Cyclops and when I opened the game today I find out it's gone and I'm in open water. It's a good thing I didn't respawn in Reaper territory.
    Either the issue was fixed, or I found a workaround. My Cyclops didn't disappear when I had something parked inside it...
  • groitgroit USA Join Date: 2016-09-03 Member: 222037Members
    Lonnehart wrote: »
    Either the issue was fixed, or I found a workaround. My Cyclops didn't disappear when I had something parked inside it...

sadface
    Yikes. Sorry about that. Mine hasn't disappeared yet though...
  • DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NY Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Members
    edited September 2016
    My first went bye-bye the other day, so far the second is still hanging in there...

I lied...,

When I signed into the game tonight the Cyclops was gone, but my Seamoth was still there.
    This probably has something to do with the fact that my blueprint list still shows that I haven't collected all the necessary fragments for the Sub.
    To tell the truth, I'm not sure myself if I've actually collected all the necessary parts myself.
    I don't remember collecting all the frag's for the Cyclops Bridge.
    It might actually be that the BUG is giving us the vehicle too early.
    I'll continue to search for more parts and see if it eventually works properly when I have them all.
    B)
  • NosscarNosscar UK Join Date: 2016-08-18 Member: 221473Members
    edited September 2016
    Not even sure what i have done different, but after starting a new game after losing the cyclops a couple of times, it has not happened again, and i have saved everywhere, in cyclops, in bases and in water. I have also had prawn suit and seamoth inside cyclops, all seems to be fine now. Just one thought, i did delete the whole saved game folder before starting new game, maybe that was it.
    My blueprints are not showing cyclops 2\3, it is not listed as needing any parts, like the post above mentions, maybe the problem is some fragments not registering as being collected, so next game cyclops not loading. My game is showing all cyclops blueprints are there ok.
  • wildcardNPwildcardNP Join Date: 2016-09-08 Member: 222157Members
    edited September 2016
    Obraxis wrote: »

Once you open the console,. type
    sub cyclops

We're investigating this bug. Hopefully we can fix it soon.

I think I've figured out the issue, submitted via F8. I built my first Cyclops legit - scanned & farmed. My PDA shows 2/3 progress for the Cyclops. Spawning replacements also delete the Cyclops. I don't think the game is properly recording fragment progress and logic is cancelling the loading of the Cyclops because the fragments aren't complete. Seems like this would have been a straightforward and near-foolproof way of improving load times but in this case there's a bug with fragment tracking. That last part is conjecture on my part, I don't know if that's logic you guys would have been looking at, but it makes sense to me from the testing armchair.
  • MiralityMirality New Zealand Join Date: 2016-08-05 Member: 221004Members
    I don't think it's that -- or at least if it is, there must be some other trigger. My save has "Cyclops 1/3" in fragments and yet I still had scanned them and built a Cyclops legit. And it hasn't vanished on me yet.

One of the other theories was that it's related to the seaglide -- which I can't prove or deny, as I have built a seaglide but at least throughout the Prawn update it's just been sitting in a locker.
  • TalisseraTalissera Join Date: 2016-09-03 Member: 222023Members
    Mirality wrote: »
    One of the other theories was that it's related to the seaglide -- which I can't prove or deny, as I have built a seaglide but at least throughout the Prawn update it's just been sitting in a locker.

I hadn't built seaglide before Cyclops, but it's disappeared right after construction on the next day.
  • NosscarNosscar UK Join Date: 2016-08-18 Member: 221473Members
    edited September 2016
    i built my first 2 cyclops legit, both vanished, i had seaglide and seamoth first, so don't think it was related. I tried spawn cyclops and it vanished still. I ended up starting new game, and only saved in bases at first, new game is fine, and now i can save anywhere and my cyclops is still there ok.
  • TalisseraTalissera Join Date: 2016-09-03 Member: 222023Members
    I hope developers will fix the issues with converted saves. I really don't want to make this base again (=
    Cyclops disappeares every time.
  • DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NY Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Members
    My second "spawned" one seem to be staying put now.
    Even though it still says I'm missing 1/3 of the fragments.
    I haven't had to create a new one since this past Wednesday. (9/7/16)
    B)
  • wildcardNPwildcardNP Join Date: 2016-09-08 Member: 222157Members
    I've lost 5 for 5. I had a Seaglide first, stowed in locker after getting Seamoth. Cyclops is still 2/3 in log, I went and re-scanned every part and got Titanium. I have a hard time believing the two aren't related somehow, honestly. My 5th Cyclops I spawned mats and built it, still gone.
    Any idea if the devs have figured out what's causing that bug yet? I hate having to "cheat" using console commands to get something that was taken by the bug...
  • MadeMyDayMadeMyDay Join Date: 2016-09-12 Member: 222267Members
    Lost my Cyclop yesterday, 11.09.2016 after the short Patch.
    Last Version with Zyklop : 37596 Sep-2016
    After the short Patch today i'm at 37615 Sep-2016

Can not cheat a new one, because i cannot use the Console. Using F8 wants to give Feedback.
  • DelmarKaneDelmarKane US Join Date: 2016-08-31 Member: 221945Members
    Same here, lost my Cyclops after building it, but that was a couple of Experimental versions ago. I cannot bug report or feedback due to being in VR when I play and opening up any type of area that I need to type, renders my game frozen at the text entry point. (known VR bug)

Just wanted to include myself in the list. :)

Will be trying when I get home from work, to see if the latest experimental builds fix it.