POLL: Crafting time

ComicalSkateComicalSkate Canada, ON Join Date: 2015-05-28 Member: 204993Members
So, as most of you already know, the devs have recently added varying amounts of time required to craft items in the fabricator. So far, from what I have read, it looks like the community is slightly torn for this one. People are either all for it, or completely against it. I personally am all for it, and have been waiting for this feature for a while. This new mechanic adds brand new gameplay that I really think is good. Of course the times that we have right now are still being worked on to see what works best, but I want to know the communities opinion on this topic. Explain why you are for it or against it, and don't say you just don't like to wait lol, please explain why you are against it with a more valid reason then that.

Comments

• yayieyayie Malaysia Join Date: 2016-06-14 Member: 218570Members
    Yes, I like the idea.
  • raven0akraven0ak finalnd Join Date: 2016-01-15 Member: 211425Members
    edited August 2016
    Maybe, I feel like it may need to be met half way.

While I myself belong to end of really like em, I can understand that 90 second on some of basic tools may be too long for some, hence I still propose to alter smaller necessity level tools craft time to half of current.(set: Scanner , Builder, Welder , Cutter, Flash Light)

• ComicalSkateComicalSkate Canada, ON Join Date: 2015-05-28 Member: 204993Members
    Mr_Endar wrote: »
    Yeah, i have been on there already. I just thought it would be easier to see the opinion through a poll.

• SansTheSkelebroSansTheSkelebro Italy Join Date: 2016-04-27 Member: 216071Members
    Personally, I like it
  • YlangYlang Join Date: 2016-08-13 Member: 221266Members
    edited August 2016
    The more realistic the game, the better. I want to role play. As for me, that is a good thing, and I hope more stuff like that will be added, to make the game more challenging, and way more difficult.
  • NevirNevir Join Date: 2016-08-14 Member: 221295Members
    I like it, for the most part. The timers end up forcing me to go swim around and explore some while I wait. What I don't like is that it blocks me from making "essentials" like water, cooked fish, etc.

IMO there should be a second kind of fabricator for items that take a while to craft
  • HYBRID1313HYBRID1313 Australia Join Date: 2016-04-01 Member: 215179Members
    I think it's cool and I enjoy putting something in the fabricator and then whilst waiting for it go on a dive and get more resources :)
  • TenebrousNovaTenebrousNova England Join Date: 2015-12-23 Member: 210206Members
    I'm fine with the crafting times but I wouldn't mind a little timer on the HUD somewhere that tells me how long it'll be until something is made. Otherwise I tend to sort of hover around the fabricator to keep track of it.
  • FathomFathom Earth Join Date: 2016-07-01 Member: 219405Members
    I like crafting times as they add a time management aspect to the game, with choices and consequences when building things, requiring to think things through for a moment to set priorities instead of mindlessly grinding away.
  • AvimimusAvimimus Join Date: 2016-03-28 Member: 214968Members
    What I'd really like is more infrastructure (and more automated infrastructure).

IMHO, material should be harvested as a bulky ore and then need to be processed in a dedicated room until it outputs ingots. This way we'd have an incentive to build bases in all biomes (i.e. to have our different kinds of resource processing take place closer to the resources). It would also give us more bases to be attacked by animals/weather.
  • PokenarPokenar Canada Join Date: 2016-08-15 Member: 221307Members
    Longer crafting times is not real difficulty, its just tedious garbage.
    This is a video game, not a simulator, gameplay should not be sacrificed for realism.

• hmcivhmciv TX Join Date: 2016-04-21 Member: 216033Members
    If it adds difficulty without adding tedium, I think it will add an interesting layer to the game. Will vehicles get built more slowly?
  • TarkannenTarkannen North Carolina Join Date: 2016-08-15 Member: 221304Members
    I'm all for the increased crafting times, it adds more realism to the game. Despite improved technology set in the future, it shouldn't take three seconds to craft items. Moreover, why do all Fabriactor crafts take the same short time? Metal Salvage to Titanium's craft time is reasonable, but complex craft items like the Scanner and Habitat Builder should take longer time to make, as they're more complex electronic devices. Alter the times as needed, but please keep the increased times in the game.
    All those mint accounts only made to vote here make the validity of this poll highly dubious, no matter which way it will turn out.
  • MushroomhermitMushroomhermit Join Date: 2016-07-30 Member: 220791Members
    edited August 2016
    Fathom wrote: »
    All those mint accounts only made to vote here make the validity of this poll highly dubious, no matter which way it will turn out.

Seven accounts that were created since August 14 have posted in this thread. Three accounts in favor of long crafting, four accounts against it. Not a significant bias.

• afknauticaafknautica Here Join Date: 2016-08-15 Member: 221310Members
    Adding an arbitrary wait time just keeps me from playing more of the game. Id rather spend time collecting more resources than waiting just to craft something.
  • dealwithitdogdealwithitdog Texas Join Date: 2016-06-09 Member: 218343Members
    How even the poll is compared to how the original thread has become basically all instant supporters does go to show that they aren't necessarily the biggest, they just make the most noise. Not that voicing your opinion is a bad thing, mind you. Its just interesting.
  • EnglishInfidelEnglishInfidel Canada Join Date: 2016-07-04 Member: 219533Members
    edited August 2016
    Fathom wrote: »

Seven accounts that were created since August 14 have posted in this thread. Three accounts in favor of long crafting, four accounts against it. Not a significant bias.

Don't forget to account for all those accounts made over a year ago who've been pretty much completely silent until now.

I wouldn't expect bias from new accounts, but I'm not sure about that factor.

I'm extremely surprised how many people are in the "yes" camp. Coming from that other thread I really felt like a minority. Guess not.
    I'm extremely surprised how many people are in the "yes" camp. Coming from that other thread I really felt like a minority. Guess not.
    Manufacturing a false consensus by vote brigading and dog piling (with and without fake accounts) isn't that uncommon on the internet.

I even got my very own fanboy, who went through all my posts to put a disagree on every single one of them. So much effort, just to be petty.