The Epic Trello Thread

Comments

• RezcaRezca United States Join Date: 2016-04-28 Member: 216078Members
    I remember some of the old Main Menu screens, like the one showing a view of the Kelp Forest. The new one looking over the ocean surface is nice and all, but sometimes I wish that they could have it cycle through a few scenes, when you load up the game or return to the Main Menu from an existing game, it'll be displaying a different scene.

I didn't notice that thing about the lifepod not actually moving before. Actually, I never really noticed water clipping through it until just a few updates ago either.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Join Date: 2016-08-06 Member: 221031
    edited August 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • RainstormRainstorm Montreal (Quebec) Join Date: 2015-12-15 Member: 210003Members
    Coranth wrote: »
    Also, here's a nitpick: the Lifepod isn't really 'leaving' from the Aurora at all, as you can see water in it even as the Crash Sequence launches. It's already 'on' the world as an object. Breaks immersion and makes me want to cry out "FAKE!" on the wonderful intro sequence!

Yeah when i first saw that, too, i told myself how lame it looked. Was dissapointed to see this lil bug which makes us realize that. Oh well, not much we can do about it uh? :neutral:
  • dealwithitdogdealwithitdog Texas Join Date: 2016-06-09 Member: 218343Members
    edited August 2016
    There's more messages in the game. Going into the dunes causes the game to tell you, "Multiple Leviathan-class lifeforms detected in the region. Are you certain whatever you're doing is worth it?" The Grand Reef has the message, "Biodiversity in the region is unusually low. Cause unknown."
  • CoranthCoranth Join Date: 2015-06-02 Member: 205160Members
    Latest Checkins

35889 Translation files update. Legacy database update.

35888 Checking in minor aurora redraft

35887 Aurora minor redraft for new codes etc

35886 Merging in updated Degasi texts

35885 Third seabase first draft texts

35884 Translation files update. Legacy database update.

35883 Seabase 1 and 2 redraft.

35882 mixing and better crabsnake sounds

35881 subnautica logo

35880 Torgaljin > Torgal

There's more messages in the game. Going into the dunes causes the game to tell you, "Multiple Leviathan-class lifeforms detected in the region. Are you certain whatever you're doing is worth it?" The Grand Reef has the message, "Biodiversity in the region is unusually low. Cause unknown."

Hah at that first message xD Love it. But in all honesty, is there (currently) any real reason to go into the Dunes? I know there's a Wreck there, and an entrance into the ILZ at the northern end.... But there's also an entrance into the ILZ in the leviathan-less Deep Grand Reef, and whatever's in the Dunes Wreck you can almost certainly get elsewhere.

Interesting about the second message, wonder if there's an actual in-universe reason for that lack of diversity and maybe we'll find out? I recall reading
    in one of the Degasi logs that the merc wanted to go hunting stuff down, maybe she's at least partially responsible....?
  • HYBRID1313HYBRID1313 Australia Join Date: 2016-04-01 Member: 215179Members
    Rezca wrote: »

Hah at that first message xD Love it. But in all honesty, is there (currently) any real reason to go into the Dunes? I know there's a Wreck there, and an entrance into the ILZ at the northern end.... But there's also an entrance into the ILZ in the leviathan-less Deep Grand Reef, and whatever's in the Dunes Wreck you can almost certainly get elsewhere.

Interesting about the second message, wonder if there's an actual in-universe reason for that lack of diversity and maybe we'll find out? I recall reading
    in one of the Degasi logs that the merc wanted to go hunting stuff down, maybe she's at least partially responsible....?

What you said in your spoiler could tie in nicely with the idea of the player being responsible for the ecosystem :smile:

I dunno, but I found a
    unfinished wreck that I think is part of the Degasi in the DGR. There was ANOTHER new message that said "Large titanium sample nearby. Unable to confirm it is from the Aurora.
    They're adding so much cool stuff now :smiley:

I dunno, but I found a
    unfinished wreck that I think is part of the Degasi in the DGR. There was ANOTHER new message that said "Large titanium sample nearby. Unable to confirm it is from the Aurora.

I saw that message earlier too, and uh... You mean a wreck wreck, or an abadonded base? I'd been patrolling the DGR several times a day every day since @Coranth reported that checkin that mentioned their other base ><
    I saw that wreck down there but never bothered to check on it because I kinda figured it was one that was already down there xD Guess I was mistaken?

I dunno, but I found a

I saw that message earlier too, and uh... You mean a wreck wreck, or an abadonded base? I'd been patrolling the DGR several times a day every day since @Coranth reported that checkin that mentioned their other base ><
    I saw that wreck down there but never bothered to check on it because I kinda figured it was one that was already down there xD Guess I was mistaken?

Wreck wreck. Its got some real wonky textures though so I assume its incomplete.
    Aurora double door still present. Things are still a work in progress...
    Aurora double door still present. Things are still a work in progress
    Wreck wreck. Its got some real wonky textures though so I assume its incomplete.

Just checked it out myself with freecam since I couldn't find a way in. The textures definitely are off inside! Wonder if they'll have their own unique not-from-the-Aurora textures or not...

Coranth double post still present. Things are still a work in progress.
    edited August 2016

Whoops! I was using Microsoft Edge and something stuffed up; so I posted again because I thought the first post didn't get through! if I didn't have to post here then I wouldn't need to repost then repost the repost when the first post doesn't post so out of all I do post then the post you read that I post won't be this post or a repost of the post. Still... it's better then watching our computers POST I suppose...

*ducks thrown Peepers*

Whoops! I was using Microsoft Edge and something stuffed up; so I posted again because I thought the first post didn't get through! if I didn't have to post here then I wouldn't need to repost then repost the repost when the first post doesn't post so out of all I do post then the post you read that I post won't be this post or a repost of the post. Still... it's better then watching our computers POST I suppose...

*ducks thrown Peepers*

Excuse me while I go empty the melted brain matter out of my skull. :neutral:
  • RalijRalij US Join Date: 2016-05-20 Member: 217092Members
    A double post for a double door. Sorta fitting really.
  • ChrisFoChrisFo Germany/Saxony Join Date: 2016-03-23 Member: 214728Members
    edited August 2016
    The Texts for the Degasi Bases are now updated and the Texts for the Third Degasi Base are in. Now the Developers have to add a new Abandoned Base into the World and add the PDAs. You can read all new and updated Texts here: http://subnautica.wikia.com/wiki/Data Downloads
    35917 Brian Cummings I added you know what to you know where

Damn it Brian, you tease...

There's NO way he actually added you know what to you know where! That would break the flow of the game so badly!
    edited August 2016
    Right, so everyone here now knows that unique messages were added to the various biomes upon entry. Welll....

Subnautica just had a 40mb+ update so I decided to load it up and play around for a bit. This time I loaded my old Survival save instead of the Creative one. Well, I was in the border between the Grand Reef, Sea Treader Path, and Blood Kelp; but the Debug menu stated I was still technically in the Blood Kelp Trench.... And after I got out of my Cyclops I triggered one of the new messages and had a laugh at what it said:

"This ecological biome matches 7 of the 9 preconditions of being objectively creepy."

Aaah good to see our AI companion has a sense of humor :)
    Right, so everyone here now knows that unique messages were added to the various biomes upon entry. Welll....

Subnautica just had a 40mb+ update so I decided to load it up and play around for a bit. This time I loaded my old Survival save instead of the Creative one. Well, I was in the border between the Grand Reef, Sea Treader Path, and Blood Kelp; but the Debug menu stated I was still technically in the Blood Kelp Trench.... And after I got out of my Cyclops I triggered one of the new messages and had a laugh at what it said:

"This ecological biome matches 7 of the 9 preconditions of being objectively creepy."

Does the AI actually speak that or is it just text?

Currently just text.

http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/144304/new-biome-messages All the ones I've gathered so far. Didn't trigger any in the Underwater Islands (yet) though.

Just messages. It would be SO cool if it actually spoke, though.

Just messages. It would be SO cool if it actually spoke, though.

I imagine they will all be voiced in the future. Can't wait to hear them when that comes to be~
    So, the MedKit Fabricator now continuously produces an obnoxious sound on an infinitely repeating loop whenever it has a medkit to give you.

I was just in my lifepod when this noise started repeating itself a ton, and I wasn't sure what it was... It stopped immediately after I opened up the Medkit box and took the medkit inside it, so based on that I'm assuming that's what was causing it. The flashing lights to alert you of a fresh medkit were just fine, did it need to have a sound effect too?
  • cheetored20cheetored20 cheetored20 Join Date: 2016-06-14 Member: 218564Members
    So, the MedKit Fabricator now continuously produces an obnoxious sound on an infinitely repeating loop whenever it has a medkit to give you.

I was just in my lifepod when this noise started repeating itself a ton, and I wasn't sure what it was... It stopped immediately after I opened up the Medkit box and took the medkit inside it, so based on that I'm assuming that's what was causing it. The flashing lights to alert you of a fresh medkit were just fine, did it need to have a sound effect too?

it did that at least 2 days ago.

Yeah that's quite possibly more annoying than the Comm Relay beeping at you.
    Eh, I just hear it as background noise.
    Eh, I just hear it as background noise.

Well, we know who's gonna sleep through the air raid sirens...