Transfer between Cyclops and Seamoth

ToothlessToothless Uderwater Join Date: 2016-07-10 Member: 220019Members
Am I missing something? Get with a well stocked Seamoth (3 storage) to offload onto the Cyclops but the only way is park next to it and swim between the two ?

Comments

• ValtericValteric Hawaii Join Date: 2016-07-05 Member: 219625Members
    As far as I'm aware yes. Offloading the seamoth's storage modules can only be done when it's not currently docked inside of the cyclops. It's a hassle, but swimming a few feet back and forth is definitely doable.
  • ToothlessToothless Uderwater Join Date: 2016-07-10 Member: 220019Members
    ...and then swimming to the base to transfer it there.. do able pain. Ow well let me swim.
  • ThePassionateGamerThePassionateGamer Germany Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218219Members
    I am sure we will see quite a few "quality of life" upgrades in the future. But my best guess is, that we won't see the majority of those before release. Those things usually come after the release when the have the time and resources to concentrate on refining their game and polishing it even more. Right now you may have to do it the hard way but I bet you will "Soon™" see more and more improvements on the quality of life front.
  • Racer1Racer1 Join Date: 2002-11-22 Member: 9615Members
    Although it would be nice, I wouldn't count on it before release. UWE has only given themselves ~1 month for "polish", and there is a LOT of polish that the will need to do. This kind of thing is not on the planned feature list. I think your best bet is hoping for a post-1.0 feature release - but that will only happen if Subnautica sells another 10000+ copies upon release.
    Well, in the meantime ill just concentrate on sending them bugs as I find them .. hope that ok?
  • EnglishInfidelEnglishInfidel Canada Join Date: 2016-07-04 Member: 219533Members
    I think they should make a realism mode where you have to move each piece of material one at a time. And it takes both hands to hold a chunk of titanium or copper ore or whatever.

And you can barely surface because the weight pulls you down.

And the lead gives you lead poisoning.

And the diamond slashes your hands as you try to drag it about. The blood attracts beasts.

And the uranium gives you radiation sickness until you turn into a ghoul.

And acid shrooms melt your gloves and then your hands so you have to haul resources,

One at a time,

With nothing but bloody stumps.

I smell a mod.
    I think they should make a realism mode where you have to move each piece of material one at a time. And it takes both hands to hold a chunk of titanium or copper ore or whatever.
    And you can barely surface because the weight pulls you down.
    And the lead gives you lead poisoning.
    And the diamond slashes your hands as you try to drag it about. The blood attracts beasts.
    And the uranium gives you radiation sickness until you turn into a ghoul.
    And acid shrooms melt your gloves and then your hands so you have to haul resources,
    One at a time,
    With nothing but bloody stumps.
    I smell a mod.

Thanks, I will skip that mod. :s

• DumaDuma Oklahoma Join Date: 2016-02-02 Member: 212475Members
    Toothless wrote: »
    Well, in the meantime ill just concentrate on sending them bugs as I find them .. hope that ok?

Thats is a large part of early access. "Playing" for the purpose of testing product finding issues, and reporting them is paramount. Posting ideas, and suggestions as well.

I think that most here are playing, and may not have an idea of "testing".
  • DactylosDactylos United States Join Date: 2016-07-11 Member: 220055Members
    At least you can access the Seamoth from below in the Cyclops hold to remove the power cell and repair the hull with the welder. They might add hatches in the floor on the top deck to let you access the storage bay in the future. Or they might just let you deal with it.
  • SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members
    Dactylos wrote: »
    At least you can access the Seamoth from below in the Cyclops hold to remove the power cell and repair the hull with the welder. They might add hatches in the floor on the top deck to let you access the storage bay in the future. Or they might just let you deal with it.

Can you now? Never used to be able to get that to work. Is it like the moonpool where you have to point the welder at juuuust the right spot before it will register? If so, where's the magic spot?
    Sidchicken wrote: »
    Dactylos wrote: »

Can you now? Never used to be able to get that to work. Is it like the moonpool where you have to point the welder at juuuust the right spot before it will register? If so, where's the magic spot?
    I just pointed the welder at it while below and the repair wheel came up.

• SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members
    edited July 2016
    So it does - I tested it at lunch time. Never used to be able to do that. Not sure when they made the change, but I"m not complaining. Now if only we could reach the storage units and upgrade console, life would be good.
  • yomamayomama On the freeway Join Date: 2016-04-17 Member: 215861Members
    Moving in the right direction at least. Having to move things the grunt work way is a relatively minor annoyance, but an annoyance nonetheless.