Xbox Update Incoming - Subnautica

SystemSystem Join Date: 2013-01-29 Member: 182599Members, Super Administrators, Reinforced - Diamond

imageXbox Update Incoming - Subnautica

Hi everyone! This post concerns Xbox Subnautica players. If you are playing on Steam, you can disregard it. Right now, we are going through the process of releasing the first Subnautica...

Read the full story here

Comments

• XBOneray125XBOneray125 Florida Join Date: 2016-07-08 Member: 219847Members
    Great job guys, can't wait to jump in when things are ready! Take your time, and get it right you have my support!
  • Mk2Mk2 Join Date: 2016-07-08 Member: 219848Members
    Got the update, and also the load/save bug, also a weird sound bug where I constantly hear brain flora bubbles, and loud creature sounds that are nowhere near me. Hope you get everything working, Subnautica is very promising! Keep at it!
  • RapiDxKillzzz1RapiDxKillzzz1 Uk Join Date: 2016-07-08 Member: 219862Members
    Yeah im having problems withloading and saving, i also found another bug like invisable copper ore and i cant figure out some new things you have added like power for seaglide, it use to be a battery but i dont know now. Again its a great job you have done and take ur time and all the best!!!
  • MrLuxMrLux AZ Join Date: 2016-07-07 Member: 219772Members
    Why was this pushed out? Seriously, ENOUGH with the excuses. Did you even test the patch on a regular console, or just on a developer version? Because this is a massive error.
  • destinykiddestinykid UK Join Date: 2016-05-31 Member: 217875Members
    The graphics on the reaper makes It look terrifying ;w;

I got jump scared by a reaper, why? It made no sound.
    MrLux wrote: »
    Why was this pushed out? Seriously, ENOUGH with the excuses. Did you even test the patch on a regular console, or just on a developer version? Because this is a massive error.

tbh the update has made the game a bit more unstable. The previous version was actually better.
  • Mr_Ginger247Mr_Ginger247 UK Join Date: 2016-05-28 Member: 217644Members
    Has the frame rate been improved?
    Has the frame rate been improved?

For me It's actually gotten a bit worse
  • Mr_Ginger247Mr_Ginger247 UK Join Date: 2016-05-28 Member: 217644Members
    edited July 2016

Ugh brilliant. The game is still a waste of £16 then ...
  • magicmousemagicmouse ik Join Date: 2016-07-09 Member: 219888Members
    ok ive got update in uk what the heck framerate judder this bad guys popup objects are more frequent i understand u have dev versions of the console but u need to look at it on a normal non dev console its a bad patch guys unstable worser then previous build soon as u start in the pod look dwn object clipping the water . u need to start again but good luck
    ok i can let u guys of saying its ur first time developig for consoles . Advice Leave the pc version for a couple of months and full time work ont the mess of a update this is msft certification are a joke . i would not have let u updated this without a real game test .co mon guys i know it preview but ive seen better frm others like ark
    In my own opinion, the game Is still good but I'm a bit disappointed that we waited 2 months for Subnautica to actually get worse Instead of better. (Frame Rate, Common Bugs etc) This Is like Game Dev Tycoon, all the hype built up and then everyone thought It was bad.

4/10

Still a good game, needs a hotfix asap
  • JuanCarlosJoseJuanCarlosJose England Join Date: 2016-07-09 Member: 219912Members
    Love this game but update was not ready to role out. I have the save and load issues, the invisible copper, the constant bubble noise with what used to be the brain plant, how do you change the battery in the Seaglide?, does it still require a battery or some other form of power, and got a bottle of water and a weetabix from breaking open a lump of limestone, really!!. Don't give up guy's but get the basics sorted and test it first because we can only take so much. I would rather wait a little longer and be able to play it.
  • Endernash2005Endernash2005 earth Join Date: 2016-07-09 Member: 219924Members
    I LOVE this game and I enjoyed the awesome experience, but as soon as I got the update, I no longer have a "load game" option, and I keep hearing this disturbing constant clicking noise and when I jump off the pod, i land on the bottom of the sea floor like i was on land, and i keep hearing bubbles and breathing, really creepy. Please fix this but take your time
  • n8dogg03n8dogg03 usa Join Date: 2016-07-09 Member: 219934Members
    I am having the save game issue. The game freezes when i go to the main screen save menu. Also, the cooper ore is now invisible and can not be found.
    Great game, am looking forward to the future developments.
    edited July 2016
    ok i like previews but it seems these devs dnt care about communication to xbox community .pc they bend over backwards for pc community talking to them. where becoming the cash cow for pc version first . ive tried tweeting them respectivley and just ignore .just show us xbox buyers respect and communicate its good customer service look at ark warframe elite gr8 communication to us xbox players .ur customer service is a joke
  • NorulvNorulv Norway Join Date: 2016-06-13 Member: 218528Members
    They do care about the Xbox version aswell. Its their first game on a console. Theres some kinks they have to get rid of in the preview version so it takes a bit longer time.
    Because they HAD to take the chance M$ gave them. That or they might not have gotten a second chance.
    Thats why the Xbox 1 version seems so messy and buggy. If at all, its M$ people should be snappy at, since they handle the certification process. Even if they didnt have a problem with a version of the preview update, dosent mean they did properly test it before it went line. Also one bug found can lead to many.
    And UW respect players. Just because they dont answer tweets constantly, dosent mean you are the only one with questions, show some respect back with constructive critism. And I sure wouldnt reply to whining and unconstructive bickering. Some people cant be reasoned with.
    edited July 2016
    i respect ur point of view norluv but u dnt understand anything ive said how is i dnt show respect of course they tested it but on a dev console i know u feel the need to say im being desrespectiful but as soon as u put a price on game and selling it u should be prepared for crictism . simple fact . also i given construct critism and if i was the devs i be taking it on the chin and saying ok this is a mess up of a update sorry guys . and trust me if u was the dev norluv i surly wouldnt be buying ur game cus u cant take the negetive with the good u cant defend a mess update get realistic . yes it takes time but it goes with them comunicating to us goe both ways ive seen this b4 many times on pc with previews ive supported and if u wonder why i got xbox version anser is controller support :)
  • sayerulzsayerulz oregon Join Date: 2015-04-15 Member: 203493Members
    I like how of this sampling of the Xbox community, over half can't spell.
  • Darwin-EvolutionDarwin-Evolution France Join Date: 2015-06-07 Member: 205310Members
    @sayerulz Don't speak too quick, not all of them come fron english-speaking countries. I'm an example.
  • Squeal_Like_A_PigSqueal_Like_A_Pig Janitor Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 66Members, Super Administrators, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Developer, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Developer
    Hot fix should be out now, and seems to have addressed the save/load issues that people were having. We are aware of some annoying audio bugs, however, and will be working to to fix them ASAP.
  • NorulvNorulv Norway Join Date: 2016-06-13 Member: 218528Members
    edited July 2016
    magicmouse wrote: »
    i respect ur point of view norluv but u dnt understand anything ive said how is i dnt show respect of course they tested it but on a dev console i know u feel the need to say im being desrespectiful but as soon as u put a price on game and selling it u should be prepared for crictism . simple fact . also i given construct critism and if i was the devs i be taking it on the chin and saying ok this is a mess up of a update sorry guys . and trust me if u was the dev norluv i surly wouldnt be buying ur game cus u cant take the negetive with the good u cant defend a mess update get realistic . yes it takes time but it goes with them comunicating to us goe both ways ive seen this b4 many times on pc with previews ive supported and if u wonder why i got xbox version anser is controller support :)

I do agree with you on some points of course. Noone should blindly defend or attack any part. Hypotheticaly, I surely would try to communicate as rational and as sensible I could if someone had some critism to a game I developed but of the constructive sort, which would help all in the end. Fans and developers alike. :)
    Toxic players that just keep on butchering developers when they struggle as best and other fans that dont agree with them should really be ignored as a last resort, if they keep on going without seeing all sides of a problem and adding constructive critism.
    I have nothing against you at all, so Im sorry if were a little harsh. I was typing on another forum about the same time as here, were the salt were for real with some really toxic members and I got carried away. These forums are one of the way better I have typed in. And such forums are very rare.

But this is very off-topic.

Im happy to hear the crazy orchestra of different sounds will be fixed soon. I was wondering if the character had some very sensitive ears, hearing sounds that were kilometers away (not counting the fact that we hear better underwater as far as I know) :D
  • SaladExistsSaladExists Canada Join Date: 2016-07-06 Member: 219747Members
  • SmarterThanAllSmarterThanAll Holland Michigan Join Date: 2016-06-24 Member: 219021Members
    edited July 2016
    magicmouse wrote: »
    ok i can let u guys of saying its ur first time developig for consoles . Advice Leave the pc version for a couple of months and full time work ont the mess of a update this is msft certification are a joke . i would not have let u updated this without a real game test .co mon guys i know it preview but ive seen better frm others like ark

Stop comparing to Ark. They have way more support and money than UWE. Not to mention Ark is 15$ more as well.
  • sayerulzsayerulz oregon Join Date: 2015-04-15 Member: 203493Members
    @sayerulz Don't speak too quick, not all of them come fron english-speaking countries. I'm an example.

Nine times out of ten, if I see someone on the internet ranting in broken english, they are a native english speaker.

People who don't speak english as a first language, on the other hand, tend to apologize for non-existent mistakes.
  • SmarterThanAllSmarterThanAll Holland Michigan Join Date: 2016-06-24 Member: 219021Members
    destinykid wrote: »
    In my own opinion, the game Is still good but I'm a bit disappointed that we waited 2 months for Subnautica to actually get worse Instead of better. (Frame Rate, Common Bugs etc) This Is like Game Dev Tycoon, all the hype built up and then everyone thought It was bad.

4/10

Still a good game, needs a hotfix asap

Get over it. You bought a game before its release from a very small studio. Don't expect EA or Ubisoft quality.
    what ever u did in t he hot fix patch yesterday has fixed som clippings and pop up textures frame judder still there and other bugs but thankyou its a bit more stable back to singing under the sea frm mermaid :)
    to anyine who want to bind there keys for xbox i find these personally better then the defualt .if u want a try them they are
    jump a
    pda backbutton
    deconstruct B
    left hand left trigger
    right hand right trigger
    next item RB
    prev item LB
    slot 1 dpad up
    slot 2 dpad right
    slot 3 dpad dwn
    slot 4dpad left
    slot 5 thunbsticl left click
    hoster y button
    rotate item left right stick
    rotate item right stick right
    take picture right thumb stick click
    reload x
    move up right stick up
    move dwn right stick dwn
    .Any feedback most welcome
  • xboxwolfxboxwolf Join Date: 2016-07-08 Member: 219861Members
    New bug I haven't seen mentioned yet, in attempting to use the mobile vehicle bay, I get no interface from the bay, I can't even pause the game. Had to exit Subnautica and relaunch, but I'm still stuck with the bug. Have to play without any vehicles until this is fixed, though I ask myself if it's really worth playing this until they do fix all the bugs...
  • xboxwolfxboxwolf Join Date: 2016-07-08 Member: 219861Members
    Well, I'm stupid. No blueprints, disregard.