First Subnautica XB1 patch in testing

Comments

• SlackerstuSlackerstu Join Date: 2016-05-24 Member: 217432Members
    Likely referring to "Close of Business" or end of the day basically in that timezone.
  • taffman66taffman66 uk Join Date: 2016-05-30 Member: 217766Members

Maybe it's a cultural thing but what does COB Pacific mean?
    I get its something to do with american pacific time but COB?
    [/quote]

Close of business (5pm) pacific time, it's 13:25 there now
  • oelikoelieoelikoelie netherlands Join Date: 2016-05-24 Member: 217444Members
    I tried: ''item newpatch 1'' But nothing there. :D Glad to here we are all exited. lol..

I still say to the Devs; take your time ;)
  • MalacathMalacath Wales Join Date: 2016-05-17 Member: 216874Members
    Ok. Thanks guys.

Hopefully in the next few hours then.

Keeping my fingers crossed.
  • joni65joni65 Kansas Join Date: 2016-06-19 Member: 218763Members
    joni65 wrote: »
    I received the update and am able to play the game. Here is what I did since I already read this thread. I did not attempt to load my save or even start the game. I first went to game management and deleted my save info from everywhere and from local. Upon starting the game I was able to play a new game. Issues I encountered are a sound file playing continually. It is the sound you hear when you sit on top of one of those purple coral that release air bubbles. The bubble sound and the gasping for air sound is play constantly regardless of what I am doing or where I am.

when you save the game, does it allow you to reload it?
    @XBOneray125 I just attempted to play my saved game and it was completely gone, so no. It didn't even show a saved game even exists, like it never happened
  • Rooks_NemesisRooks_Nemesis Ontario Join Date: 2016-06-11 Member: 218388Members
    Suffering from severe disappointment right now stoked when I saw the update was ready to download.. I rushed to my system to start the download and nothing.. Not available yet for me here in Canada.. Knowing the patch is out there and not being able to download it yet is far worse then knowing the patch was done but no idea when it was being made available lol.
  • MayaMidnightMayaMidnight NC Join Date: 2016-05-20 Member: 217074Members
    edited July 2016
    To the people yet to get a prompt to download the update I never got one either. I did however uninstall my Subnautica and reinstall it and it downloaded the update on it's own without a heads up, the game size went from 6.5 GB to a lovely 8.4 but alas there is no save option as it is broken at the moment so be aware.
  • coldsteelleggcoldsteellegg U.K. Join Date: 2016-05-23 Member: 217374Members
    To the people yet to get a prompt to download the update I never got one either. I did however uninstall my Subnautica and reinstall it and it downloaded the update on it's own without a heads up, the game size went from 6.5 GB to a lovely 8.4 but alas there is no save option as it is broken at the moment so be aware.

its still saying 6.5 ready to download ?
  • MikeTakerMikeTaker Danmark Join Date: 2016-07-08 Member: 219869Members

Or atleast how it worked for me is that i went to the Updates "tab" in Games and Apps and found Subnautica. You have to be in the Xbox Dashboard preview program thingey though

From my experience it will say it's only 6.5 GB until it finishes, after it finished it changed to 8.4 for me

From my experience it will say it's only 6.5 GB until it finishes, after it finished it changed to 8.4 for me

ok thank you my love i hope it works and what new beasts have they added and what have you seen
  • Rooks_NemesisRooks_Nemesis Ontario Join Date: 2016-06-11 Member: 218388Members
    MikeTaker wrote: »

Or atleast how it worked for me is that i went to the Updates "tab" in Games and Apps and found Subnautica. You have to be in the Xbox Dashboard preview program thingey though

Lol screw that!, I opted out of the preview program months ago. I was getting sick and tired of the daily system updates, some games being broken because my Xbox version number didnt match the games intended version number.. I'll just try to patiently wait longer.. All tho the wait is probably going to kill me lol
  • MikeTakerMikeTaker Danmark Join Date: 2016-07-08 Member: 219869Members
    With the not being able to save thing you're not missing much, and yea updating ALL the time is annoying, but the Frame rate is much better though
    Ok so technically I have 2 Xbox ones, My kids received my 1st system when I bought the elite bundle Xbox ( the elite controller is amazing in subnautica by the way )

Any ways. Just checked thier system and the update is 92% installed, my system still nothing lmao.

The reason I'm saying this is that my kids system is still "in" the preview program where as my new one is not! I kept that BS as far away from it as possible
  • Yargish89Yargish89 new mexico usa Join Date: 2016-05-27 Member: 217575Members
    edited July 2016
    Why you guys write it on here and not the bug section? O.o thats where i started writing bugs on this update since it came then quite for a few hours :P (yes letting my asshole side out to laugh hope no hard feelings on the laugh) noticed it sensored me score

ok thank you my love i hope it works and what new beasts have they added and what have you seen

I haven't really done much, I know the normal stuff like the scanner room, beds, shelves and all the extra building stuff is in the game. The Warper, CrabSquid, SeaTreader and the most recent new creatures are there. I however have not tried to spawn the Sea Dragon or Reaper because they terrify me haha
  • Rustled_JimmyRustled_Jimmy USA Join Date: 2016-05-18 Member: 216920Members
    Foxy wrote: »
    Not trying to be "that guy" but this game is going to be forgotten by a lot of people of you don't get your ass squared away soon. Lotta good games coming down the pipeline, and as is,this is just taking up space on my hard drive, nothing more.

Not trying to be 'that guy' but you're going to be forgotten by a lot of people if you don't get your ass squared away(???) soon. Lotta good users coming on these boards and as is, you're just taking up space here, nothing more.

In seriousness, After reading this thread, you seem to be deliberately trying to antagonise the devs and other users. Be civil, be polite or be gone.

You're absolutely right. By stating an unpopular opinion I was the one who kept it going. Definitely not the people who went through my profile, found every single post I've made just to hit dislike, completely derail the thread and make it about a user and not the obviously failed update, and harass people via direct messages.

Oh wait, that was the people loving your also inflammatory comment that had nothing, absolutely nothing about the topic, and only reignited a tired flame war.

Grow up. I'm perfectly within my rights as a consumer to question the company providing a product without being ganged up on by immature fanboys. Even the devs themselves are being more civil and it was them I made inflammatory comments about. Lol.

And the best part? I was right. Enjoy playing a new game every time you play.
  • HeartOfTheKINGHeartOfTheKING XBOX ONE Join Date: 2016-05-30 Member: 217758Members
    Not trying to be "that guy" but this game is going to be forgotten by a lot of people of you don't get your ass squared away soon. Lotta good games coming down the pipeline, and as is,this is just taking up space on my hard drive, nothing more.

Not trying to be 'that guy' but you're going to be forgotten by a lot of people if you don't get your ass squared away(???) soon. Lotta good users coming on these boards and as is, you're just taking up space here, nothing more.

In seriousness, After reading this thread, you seem to be deliberately trying to antagonise the devs and other users. Be civil, be polite or be gone.

You're absolutely right. By stating an unpopular opinion I was the one who kept it going. Definitely not the people who went through my profile, found every single post I've made just to hit dislike, completely derail the thread and make it about a user and not the obviously failed update, and harass people via direct messages.

Oh wait, that was the people loving your also inflammatory comment that had nothing, absolutely nothing about the topic, and only reignited a tired flame war.

Grow up. I'm perfectly within my rights as a consumer to question the company providing a product without being ganged up on by immature fanboys. Even the devs themselves are being more civil and it was them I made inflammatory comments about. Lol.

You are entitled to your opinion. And you are within your rights. Freedom of speech is something I strongly believe in. With that gives some people the right to be as rude or as polite as they want, but fortunately that also tells me alot about someones character. I think the devs are being civil cause they have better things to do than argue with someone who needs to be insulting to others. Thats my opinion though, you can think what you want. After all it is freedom of speech.
  • JebusChrustJebusChrust Join Date: 2016-06-16 Member: 218634Members
    edited July 2016
    Is there an update on the state of the patch? Was the hot fix applied?

Edit: I went to get on my game but the menu doesn't work. My Xbox doesn't usually update games automatically but I think it did for this one. I have saves but I cannot back out of the load game option or load a game itself. Tried to start a new game and it only let me pick Survival and then the game crashed. Guessing I got the update lol.
    Personally This has made me LOL quite a few times, @Rustled_Jimmy your ignorant shotgun style attacks are both comical and sad, I know I just fed your obvious very hungry inner rage monster, and I can't wait to hear your response. I've never seen anyone single handedly fail so hard at literally proving nothing.( Besides that you can manage to not only alienate the devs but almost everyone else in this thread. If this game has let you down this hard, un install it and walk away!

There is far easier ways of getting your voice heard man, The devs really showed thier caliber and I respect them that much more. Even after you spouted all those insults they still took the time to not only answer you but they did so with respect! Which Is far more then what you showed them.
  • RonsloRonslo Ireland Join Date: 2016-05-19 Member: 217036Members

Edit: I went to get on my game but the menu doesn't work. My Xbox doesn't usually update games automatically but I think it did for this one. I have saves but I cannot back out of the load game option or load a game itself. Tried to start a new game and it only let me pick Survival and then the game crashed. Guessing I got the update lol.

Same, hoping the hot fix is released soon.
  • Squeal_Like_A_PigSqueal_Like_A_Pig Janitor Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 66Members, Super Administrators, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Developer, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Developer
    It seems like it wasn't :(

Microsoft told us they "maybe" would get the release out end of the business day today, but doesn't seem like they did. So, my best guess is that it will probably go out Monday, as I doubt they put out patches on the weekend.
  • JebusChrustJebusChrust Join Date: 2016-06-16 Member: 218634Members
    It seems like it wasn't :(

Microsoft told us they "maybe" would get the release out end of the business day today, but doesn't seem like they did. So, my best guess is that it will probably go out Monday, as I doubt they put out patches on the weekend.

Ah, well I was able to sign in on a different account and start testing out all the new features anyways. I'm super appreciative of you all getting this update out even if there are some issues, I've been having a lot of fun (and crapping myself from spawning in the Sea Dragon).
  • Squeal_Like_A_PigSqueal_Like_A_Pig Janitor Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 66Members, Super Administrators, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Developer, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Developer
    Ah, well I was able to sign in on a different account and start testing out all the new features anyways. I'm super appreciative of you all getting this update out even if there are some issues, I've been having a lot of fun (and crapping myself from spawning in the Sea Dragon).
    Glad to hear it :)
    Glad to hear it :)

amazing work just played new update your game is BRILLIENT

your so up yourself it makes me wonna put out a update and send it to everyone as it will put something in that im so big headed mood of yours grow up lad no one cares i cant tell if your 5 years old or just one mege butt wipe and FYI no f##ks givin . and devs do something about him he keeps slagging you off thanks
  • FlayraFlayra Game Director, Unknown Worlds Entertainment San Francisco Join Date: 2002-01-22 Member: 3Super Administrators, NS2 Developer, Subnautica Developer
    Sorry about the problems here guys. It doesn't matter how much we work or test, we seem to always have some issues slip through. We had some bigger ones this time.

The hard part for us is that we're used to being able to patch very quickly. But with XB1, we have to go through a few days at minimum each time. We have to apply for a certification window, which is only Mon - Fri, then wait a couple days after that to hear back. If the patch is perfect, great, we can release within a day or two (promotion, PR, making sure we're around during the time it launches so we can troubleshoot).

So this is a learning process for us. Thanks for standing by us while we figure it all out.
  • Mk2Mk2 Join Date: 2016-07-08 Member: 219848Members
    I'm sure they will hit their stride once things are up to pair with PC, I can imagine that since there is so much to patch into this version, some mistakes are bound to slip past. Also consider that this is not just UWs first console title, but they are also pioneers of early access on xbox, too :smile:
  • HeartOfTheKINGHeartOfTheKING XBOX ONE Join Date: 2016-05-30 Member: 217758Members
    Flayra wrote: »
    Sorry about the problems here guys. It doesn't matter how much we work or test, we seem to always have some issues slip through. We had some bigger ones this time.

The hard part for us is that we're used to being able to patch very quickly. But with XB1, we have to go through a few days at minimum each time. We have to apply for a certification window, which is only Mon - Fri, then wait a couple days after that to hear back. If the patch is perfect, great, we can release within a day or two (promotion, PR, making sure we're around during the time it launches so we can troubleshoot).

So this is a learning process for us. Thanks for standing by us while we figure it all out.

Thanks for all your hard work. Don't let the nay sayers get to you. You guys are doing an excellent job, and I'm sure your as dissapointed as everyone else about the update issues. You'll get it though. Keep it up and thanks again.
    P.S . Space treading in elite dangerous lately so when your planets up and running I'll be sure to crash land there.
This discussion has been closed.