First Subnautica XB1 patch in testing

Comments

• InfliktedInflikted United States Join Date: 2016-07-08 Member: 219844Members
    Slackerstu wrote: »
    Yes the game update is released. Seems the save/load function is completely broken. I am trying to reinstall now to see any help. Lost my pretty base in doing so but that is no big issue, it was just to learn a bit anyway.

Are you in the Xbox Preview Program?
  • MuhdogMuhdog Brazil Join Date: 2016-06-27 Member: 219181Members
    Malacath wrote: »
    Inflikted wrote: »
    Muhdog wrote: »
    so the update got out?

Possibly. I was prompted to download it but it breaks the game. Wouldn't advise downloading it if you are planning on playing it until it's fixed

Then again it could be a Xbox Preview Program problem for all I know.
    You're in the Xbox preview program too?

Has any non preview members downloading the patch and not had their game broken?

what do you mean? isn't everyone on xbox on preview?
  • SlackerstuSlackerstu Join Date: 2016-05-24 Member: 217432Members
    Don't think so. just bought on the 17th when was made available on xbox.
    and apart from the save/load issue there are any other major problems?
    %50 on reinstall. don't know yet but i'm sure reports will be coming in soon.
  • Yargish89Yargish89 new mexico usa Join Date: 2016-05-27 Member: 217575Members
    because i think a 3 month wait is enough. XD
    Uh, we released the Xbox version on May 17th. So, it hasn't even been 2 months yet.

dude close enough lol and a word thats been on everyones minds "bout time" thought might as well write how everyone thinking XD anyways joking aside its good to see its happening thought it was gonna be another month honestly
  • MalacathMalacath Wales Join Date: 2016-05-17 Member: 216874Members
    so the update got out?

Possibly. I was prompted to download it but it breaks the game. Wouldn't advise downloading it if you are planning on playing it until it's fixed

You're in the Xbox preview program too?

Has any non preview members downloading the patch and not had their game broken?

what do you mean? isn't everyone on xbox on preview?
    No.

The game preview program is totally different to the Xbox preview program
    Those in the Xbox preview program get beta versions of the dashboard software and test features before they get released to everyone. Game preview is when everyone can test a game before it is finished.

and apart from the save/load issue there are any other major problems?

Not that I know of. There are some missing textures and the frame rate still isn't the greatest.
  • joni65joni65 Kansas Join Date: 2016-06-19 Member: 218763Members
    so the update got out?

weird, I am not getting an update prompt on my system

edited July 2016
    how big is the update?
    who big is the update?

The update was about 5GB
  • XBOneray125XBOneray125 Florida Join Date: 2016-07-08 Member: 219847Members
    Oh wow, excitement about new update now gone! The joy and happiness of waiting for the update to complete has now crash landed in a unknown world of broken underwater darkness.

70+hours of game saves will not load, once in 'Load Game' menu I can't not go back to previous menu. Started a new game in 'hardcore' (least amount of hours playing in this mode) and right at the start I realized not much in performance was done, leading me to believe this somehow accidentally got released being that @Squeal_Like_A_Pig mentioned there were pertinence issue with build sent to MS for cert. Regardless after saving 30mins of progress, and tried to reload I was unable to. Again being unable to go back to main menu ultimately having to close down or quit game from the Xbox dash to exit out of game.

With in the game on a side note just worth mentioning, buttons have been reconfigured, PDA or in game inventory screen had no visible items or outlines of inventory slots but I was able to still scroll through items... Frame rate was still just as bad, if not worse, I can't imagine what it would have been like if I had a base built.

Again over all, this cannot be the build intended to be released. Good luck Devs, you have your work cut out for yourselves. Thank you for trying and God speed!

Great game I love every aspect of it, and up until now I didnt feel like it was nessasry for me say something about the game. But it is the weekend and I am a bit butt hurt after having so much hope that this was a surprise polished build/update. Guess the joke is on is.
    Uninstalling the game and redownloading does not fix the issue.

Just done that but game is still totally broken.
    Uninstalling the game and redownloading does not fix the issue.

Just done that but game is still totally broken.

Ya just complete my delete and reinstall, no change. save/load is broken but i did not loose my save as i thought, just can't load it.
    well now i think the shit hit the fan
    joni65 wrote: »
    so the update got out?

weird, I am not getting an update prompt on my system

You are lucky then. If you are using instant on mode I would recommend you turn automatic updates off otherwise the patch may download overnight and break your game.

Starting a new game in hard core mode will save the game on exit and it will bring the load menu back but you still can't load any saves. This is now the most broken game ever.
    Starting a new game in hard core mode will save the game on exit and it will bring the load menu back but you still can't load any saves. This is now the most broken game ever.

Do you have the game installed on internal hard drive or external hard drive? Wonder if that would make a difference.

if you say a game is the most broken game ever beacause of an issue that will be fixed soon you never played a really broken game Ft: NES games
  • Squeal_Like_A_PigSqueal_Like_A_Pig Janitor Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 66Members, Super Administrators, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Developer, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Developer
    There may be some problems with saving and loading in the update. We are still investigating the extent of the issue and addressing the problems as fast as possible. We will provide more information as soon as we have it.
  • coldsteelleggcoldsteellegg U.K. Join Date: 2016-05-23 Member: 217374Members
  • joni65joni65 Kansas Join Date: 2016-06-19 Member: 218763Members
    I received the update and am able to play the game. Here is what I did since I already read this thread. I did not attempt to load my save or even start the game. I first went to game management and deleted my save info from everywhere and from local. Upon starting the game I was able to play a new game. Issues I encountered are a sound file playing continually. It is the sound you hear when you sit on top of one of those purple coral that release air bubbles. The bubble sound and the gasping for air sound is play constantly regardless of what I am doing or where I am.
  • oelikoelieoelikoelie netherlands Join Date: 2016-05-24 Member: 217444Members
    I started the game yesterday and there was no patch? When is it released?
    no clue mega joke the vip players had it before us we have to wait longer :(
  • taffman66taffman66 uk Join Date: 2016-05-30 Member: 217766Members
    edited July 2016
    Aw bugger, I'm in preview and instant on is active, dreading powering up now, really don't know what to do. Should I not play till it's sorted? Or test it out? don't really want to lose all my work if I don't have to.

Could we have a Bit of feedback from Devs as to wether they expect xboxes to require a fresh start, as it were, or would pre update save data be able to be incorporated into the "new" version?
  • XBOneray125XBOneray125 Florida Join Date: 2016-07-08 Member: 219847Members
    joni65 wrote: »
    I received the update and am able to play the game. Here is what I did since I already read this thread. I did not attempt to load my save or even start the game. I first went to game management and deleted my save info from everywhere and from local. Upon starting the game I was able to play a new game. Issues I encountered are a sound file playing continually. It is the sound you hear when you sit on top of one of those purple coral that release air bubbles. The bubble sound and the gasping for air sound is play constantly regardless of what I am doing or where I am.

when you save the game, does it allow you to reload it?
  • taffman66taffman66 uk Join Date: 2016-05-30 Member: 217766Members
    taffman66 wrote: »
    Aw bugger, I'm in preview and instant on is active, dreading powering up now, really don't know what to do. Should I not play till it's sorted? Or test it out? don't really want to lose all my work if I don't have to.

Could we have a Bit of feedback from Devs as to wether they expect xboxes to require a fresh start, as it were, or would pre update save data be able to be incorporated into the "new" version?

I tried it and got stuck in the load menu, won't try again till they fix it or suggest a fix on here at least, all part of the process tho so no sour grapes here, just a bit disappointed.
    We have a hot fix ready to go. Microsoft said they "may" process / release a "hotfix" by COB Pacific today, but it's in their hands now.

so when that on comes out to fix the update thats out now we wont get it will we and i think its fair we all have it all at the same time am i wrong
    We have a hot fix ready to go. Microsoft said they "may" process / release a "hotfix" by COB Pacific today, but it's in their hands now.

Maybe it's a cultural thing but what does COB Pacific mean?
    I get its something to do with american pacific time but COB?
This discussion has been closed.