Game Breaking Oculus Glitches

Nautical_NickNautical_Nick Australia Join Date: 2016-06-12 Member: 218444Members
I have been recently playing in Subnautica VR and have come across game breaking glitches. I can not take anything from lockers of any kind and cannot put any items into any locker of any kind. I have also come across two more bugs. I cannot drop any eggs or anything for that matter and I cannot use the MVB (Mobile Vehicle Bay).

Comments

• weasel47weasel47 Pennsylvania Join Date: 2016-05-19 Member: 217060Members
    You should be able to use your right mouse button for the "right hand" actions.

For the MVB, you have to switch to non-VR mode temporarily. You have to save and exit the game, close Oculus Home, stop ovrservice, and then run the game. If you bought it through Oculus, you can find the executable in the Oculus software folder.
  • Nautical_NickNautical_Nick Australia Join Date: 2016-06-12 Member: 218444Members
  • Nautical_NickNautical_Nick Australia Join Date: 2016-06-12 Member: 218444Members
    T add to the list of bugs for oculus version, i cannot put any form of upgrade into anything and i cannot plant anything either. Also, i tried the little trick that i was told and it didn't work. I'm getting really really frustrated so i hope these bugs are fixed soon.
  • AzirphaeliAzirphaeli USA Join Date: 2016-05-20 Member: 217144Members
    edited June 2016
    These bugs persisted through the power nap update and, as such, sadly I do not know if they are on the radar to be fixed anytime soon...

-- Controller cannot be used to transfer items or really any right clicking functionality involving the UI (luckily if the controller is off I seem able to play mouse/keyboard which i prefer anyways) (still working if not in any UI element)
    -- Graphical glitches when things are far in the distance (polygons exploding all over the place)
    -- Cannot use mobile vehicle bay (seems related to the fact that all animations are removed in the VR version.. which I would prefer they actually re-add them)
    -- Docking the seamoth in the moonpool results in you falling out of the seamoth and needing to walk around the bottom of the ocean to "enter" (read: exit) the base so you can enter it again. (This is also, it seems, related to the missing animation)
    -- The slow walk of tedium when in a base (or outside of a base if you fall out of the seamoth when docking.) that seems exclusive to VR.
    -- A frequent crash which locks up the game completely, it then cannot be launched until you cycle the Oculus runtime service.
    -- I don't know if this is just VR but koosh plants you have growing are invisible until you stick your nose in them.. until they are fully grown.
  • OculusLouOculusLou Canada Join Date: 2016-05-27 Member: 217605Members
    That is a great list and one the developers should read hopefully. It makes playing the game in VR tedious and almost unplayable. Not sure how they got in you would think they would notice them when tested. Sadly I don't see them listed on their Trello board.
    Those are all bugs that i have to live with.
  • weasel47weasel47 Pennsylvania Join Date: 2016-05-19 Member: 217060Members
    I was able to get past all of those and keep playing, and then I ran into one that's too annoying to work around:
    When the Seamoth undocks from the Cyclops, it is teleported to the position (world position) it was in when it docked.
    Good thing I rarely use the ciclops...
    I for one am not playing until these bugs are fixed. For me, they are game breaking and I don't think I can walk past any of them.
    Agreed I submitted them all again via F8. I hope to see them on the Trello board someday :(
  • SecretChaosSecretChaos Join Date: 2016-06-23 Member: 218970Members
    Yeah I was really excited to buy this game to play on VR but after hearing about all of these bugs I think I will wait. Have the devs even acknowledged these, because I've seen posts about them on steam for quite some time now
    I have seen zero acknowledgement of VR issues nor any mention of improving VR at all in the Trello boards.
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    OculusLou wrote: »
    I have seen zero acknowledgement of VR issues nor any mention of improving VR at all in the Trello boards.

We've been improving the controller in general, not just for VR (which is why you dont see it on the trello boards).

Experimental Steam version should have a lot of these updates and fixes in for testing.
    edited June 2016
    Obraxis wrote: »
    OculusLou wrote: »

We've been improving the controller in general, not just for VR (which is why you dont see it on the trello boards).

Experimental Steam version should have a lot of these updates and fixes in for testing.

The right click controller inventory was fixed in Experimental last time I checked (thanks :). Are controller bugs the only thing being worked on for VR? The inventory one at least had a work around by using the mouse. The other VR issues are way more game breaking.
    I tried them all out again on the experimental build and they are all still broken other than the inventory one. Can we please get them on the Trello so we can at least know they have been heard. There are issues listed like "Fix bench in VR"... that should be way lower priority than say being able to build subs, docking, falling to the seafloor, running etc. :smile:
    edited June 2016
    It's nice that you fixed the controller issues, but this is mainly about VR bugs:

--> Due to the removal (or lack of addition of) cutscenes in VR, the mobile vehicle bay, docking the seamoth, entering the seamoth from the moonpool.. are all broken in various ways. (Appearing above the moonpool, falling out of the base and having to walk on the ocean floor as if in the base, in imnability to use the vehicle bay at all for building subs)
    --> The slow walking in base is tedious and extra annoying since bars drain just as fast, making navigating large bases an effort in tedium as you lose hunger and hydration walking down long corridors.
    --> Graphical glitches when some objects are far away making polygons explode everywhere.
    --> Hard crash that results in the game being unable to launch until you cycle the oculus runtime.
    --> Unable to launch in non-VR mode unless you turn off oculus runtime.

These are all unrelated to the controller issues and it'd be nice to hear that you are aware of and working on these issues. This is, after all, for sale on the oculus store front despite being far from playable.
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    Azirphaeli wrote: »
    It's nice that you fixed the controller issues, but this is mainly about VR bugs:

--> Due to the removal (or lack of addition of) cutscenes in VR, the mobile vehicle bay, docking the seamoth, entering the seamoth from the moonpool.. are all broken in various ways. (Appearing above the moonpool, falling out of the base and having to walk on the ocean floor as if in the base, in imnability to use the vehicle bay at all for building subs)
    --> The slow walking in base is tedious and extra annoying since bars drain just as fast, making navigating large bases an effort in tedium as you lose hunger and hydration walking down long corridors.
    --> Graphical glitches when some objects are far away making polygons explode everywhere.
    --> Hard crash that results in the game being unable to launch until you cycle the oculus runtime.
    --> Unable to launch in non-VR mode unless you turn off oculus runtime.

These are all unrelated to the controller issues and it'd be nice to hear that you are aware of and working on these issues. This is, after all, for sale on the oculus store front despite being far from playable.

Yes, we're aware of all of these. We just need time to address them.
    Yes, thanks a lot Obraxis. I agree, the slow walking is really boring, I barely move through my base. I just stand near the hatch and use the fabricator most of the time.
  • entropicalentropical Join Date: 2016-06-28 Member: 219229Members
    Really hoping when terrain deformation is removed we will be able to get better FPS in VR. i7 4770k at 4.6 and a Fury X and scale at 85 everything lowest, still can't hold 90fps all the time. Lots of dips in to 60-75fps.
    I do not have this problem. I have never had this problem ever, maybe try getting a better computer or even better, build it your self! (If this offends you in any way I am sorry, I am just suggesting ways to help you get over this problem because I hope that for the most part terraforming stays. But again if it offends you in any way, I am sorry @entropical).
    edited June 2016
    I do not have this problem. I have never had this problem ever, maybe try getting a better computer or even better, build it your self! (If this offends you in any way I am sorry, I am just suggesting ways to help you get over this problem because I hope that for the most part terraforming stays. But again if it offends you in any way, I am sorry @entropical).

What are your computer specs? Everyone I've seen, including people with 980ti's have lag in this game (in VR). You may not notice it if because of Anti Time Warp, but I monitor the apps FPS and can tell when it gets sluggish.
    edited June 2016
    I have conducted experiments with the terraformer to see what happened to my computer but nothing changes! I did these tests with my computer stat thingy up and nothing changed at all. Once again @entropical, perhaps concider getting a better computer. Also, what is Anti time warp? I have done the tests with in game FPS up and nothing changes!
    edited June 2016
    You ARE talking about playing with Oculus Rift correct? ATW fills in the missed frames if the game doesnt hit 90fps solid.

And again, tell me your PC specs, because mine is pretty high end...

And removing the editable terrain is different than just editing it a lot to see if it slows you down. Devs state it will render in a completely different way, and that is why it will increase performance.
    edited June 2016
    Okay, to tell you some news, I don't know the specs and I can't ask. My genius dad built it from scratch and I'm pretty sure he forgot them. Don't ask me to show me a screenshot because my computer is unable to do that for a weird reason.
    Anything else to say @entropical
    I have a 980ti, the base processor from intel required for the rift (I forget it off the top of my head) and on recommended it runs smooth *most* of the time.
    Sorry for some confusion. There was a bug in the software that kept all the computer stats looking the same. I fixed it than did the same tests again. There was a difference in FPS but it still ran mostly smoothly. Yes I am talking about oculus too, stable build @entropical.
    Some of the VR bugs are starting to show up on the Trello board, this is good news...lets hope they get fixed now.
    Yay some VR love "-VR Bugs have been squashed – you can now make a climb & use the Mobile Vehicle Bay properly." Anyone try it is that ALL they fixed? There was way more than 2 VR bugs, I really just want to be able to run so I can go to the floating island without wasting a whole afternoon walking it :P
    Okay well one VR bug fixed in the latest update these are the VR ones i'm still experiencing (experimental build on Steam).

->The walking speed! Oh the humanity please fix the walking speed in VR it’s SO painfully slow it makes doing anything inside/on land pointlessly tedious. The floating island...oh man sooo slow...

->With the new controller update the right thumbstick seems to stop working randomly, going into the control menus and back seems to unstick it.

->Thanks for fixing the mobile vehicle bay, but the subs are still mostly broken.
    The spawning bug when docking the Seamoth to the Cyclops is still there. (spawning miles away back at first launch position)

->Docking the Seamoth to the Moonpool still causes you to fall to the seafloor and walk underwater.
    (Side note if you drive the Seamoth really fast into the Moonpool you mostly end up in the water like normal)

->Entering the Seamoth your head is not on your shoulders, this happens 100% of the time. Guess you could do the reset, but it never seems to work for me.

->There are still graphical tearing bugs with the schools of fish, although much better now.

->The Seaglide is way too close to your face it makes you go cross-eyed.

->You can’t really see the reload charging menu very well or base integrity etc.

->Now when you go into submit bug mode you can see the menus, but you can’t use them.

->Lots of performance related issues, but I have seen most of these on the Trello boards already (Seamoth performance when going fast, bases causing slowdown issues etc.)

Did I mention the walking speed? :)