New feature for both of the islands at night

Darwin-EvolutionDarwin-Evolution France Join Date: 2015-06-07 Member: 205310Members
edited January 2017 in Ideas and Suggestions

Comments

• Nautical_NickNautical_Nick Australia Join Date: 2016-06-12 Member: 218444Members
    AWESOME! I love the idea of bio-luminescent water surround parts of the island. It sounds like a really awesome idea and I do hope that it makes it into V1.0.
  • XxIcarusxXXxIcarusxX France Join Date: 2016-06-03 Member: 218052Members
    Look pretty cool. I just don't know how difficult it could be to implement something like this in the game.
  • Darwin-EvolutionDarwin-Evolution France Join Date: 2015-06-07 Member: 205310Members
    @XxIcarusxX Good point, might be quite tricky.
  • RainstormRainstorm Montreal (Quebec) Join Date: 2015-12-15 Member: 210003Members
    wowzers ... i watched this video like 10 times haha
  • Darwin-EvolutionDarwin-Evolution France Join Date: 2015-06-07 Member: 205310Members
    edited January 2018
    Ik, ik, this is technically a self necro, but I recently saw an amazing documentary (called "Attenborough's Life that Glows") that illustrates this idea much better than the video I already posted above. Here's the clip:

I actually would really like to see this ingame even though it's just a graphical thing, and after seeing the dolphins in that clip, that is also something that could be considered ;)
  • SnailsAttackSnailsAttack Join Date: 2017-02-09 Member: 227749Members
    Seems interesting. Maybe both of the islands should have a couple of extended, shallow shorelines where this can occur.
  • angeluscaligoangeluscaligo Join Date: 2018-02-01 Member: 236483Members
    Actually, this could use the current foam-waves that appear around seabases that breach the waterlevel in the game! Just add a variation that appears in some places near the islands :D
    Actually, this could use the current foam-waves that appear around seabases that breach the waterlevel in the game! Just add a variation that appears in some places near the islands :D

That's actually not a bad idea at all, it doesn't seem really that hard to program either! It would also be cool to see it glow intensely when it gets disturbed by something like a fish or the player or a sub.
  • cb23229cb23229 Join Date: 2018-02-04 Member: 236786Members
    edited February 2018

Larger, more noticable waves could also be added on the beaches of both islands. (Unless it isn't added already)