is it WORTH THE PRICE ($24.66) £16.66) xbox

calcalf55calcalf55 penrith Join Date: 2016-06-04 Member: 218091Members
reason why meny bugs no updates items not able to get like exo suits all updates to pc version
:'( MY money wasted

Comments

• oelikoelieoelikoelie netherlands Join Date: 2016-05-24 Member: 217444Members
    Since game previews are rather new on Xbox One, i would say, take the chance! I believe we are in for one hell of an aquarium! ;p
  • TheLordBTheLordB You house Join Date: 2016-05-31 Member: 217811Members
    Not yet, it still 2-3 updates away from being playable!
  • taffman66taffman66 uk Join Date: 2016-05-30 Member: 217766Members
    TheLordB wrote: »
    Not yet, it still 2-3 updates away from being playable!

Unplayable is a bit strong don't you think? I have approx 25 hours in Freedom mode and loving it, its a bit ropey at times admittedly but its only going to improve so win win as far as I'm concerned
  • Mini_GaaraMini_Gaara England Join Date: 2016-05-19 Member: 217049Members
    Want to know the main reason the game IS playable? They made sure to include Console commands to make sure you could still fix things.
  • NeoSerpentNeoSerpent Australia Join Date: 2016-05-24 Member: 217416Members
    Don't you think it's unjust to blame it on the developers? You were warned before purchasing the game, I believe it stated "This game is a work in progress. It may or may not change over time or release as a final product. Purchase only if you are comfortable with the current state of the unfinished game." You were fairly warned that the game was unfinished, so you have yourself to blame if you feel like you wasted your money.
  • EverReddyEverReddy UK Join Date: 2016-05-23 Member: 217355Members
    Obraxis wrote: »
    the team are on a 1 week retreat right now (as we've been working pretty solidly for a long time).

So you're in a break in Grenada and you're still checking and posting to the forum?! I'm impressed by your dedication!

Or did you draw the short straw and have been left manning the fort? ;)
  • NeoSerpentNeoSerpent Australia Join Date: 2016-05-24 Member: 217416Members
    We're very close with the new Xbox patch, but the team are on a 1 week retreat right now (as we've been working pretty solidly for a long time).

It's our highest priority to get the new Xbox patch out. It'll include a TON of stuff and loads of bug fixes. Hopefully people will like it, it wont be much longer before it's out.

I know you've probably been asked this many times, but will the frame rate improve at all with the update?
    edited June 2016
    Quoted the wrong person and gave up with this post .-.
  • ComicalSkateComicalSkate Canada, ON Join Date: 2015-05-28 Member: 204993Members
    EverReddy wrote: »
    the team are on a 1 week retreat right now (as we've been working pretty solidly for a long time).

So you're in a break in Grenada and you're still checking and posting to the forum?! I'm impressed by your dedication!

Or did you draw the short straw and have been left manning the fort? ;)

Nope, he is definitely there, he posted a house tour. Dedication it is indeed.
  • calcalf55calcalf55 penrith Join Date: 2016-06-04 Member: 218091Members
    Mini_Gaara wrote: »
    calcalf55 wrote: »
    reason why meny bugs no updates items not able to get like exo suits all updates to pc version

Did you honestly expect a game on pc, that comes out on a console, to be fully updated? Besides it will be soon enough anyway.

yea but the cost isnt great there should be a 30-50% off untill fixed
  • calcalf55calcalf55 penrith Join Date: 2016-06-04 Member: 218091Members
    i didnt think any one would care but there 300 views
  • DrownedOutDrownedOut Habitat Join Date: 2016-05-26 Member: 217559Members

Did you honestly expect a game on pc, that comes out on a console, to be fully updated? Besides it will be soon enough anyway.

You don't get it. You haven't purchased a finished product, but a product in development. Your money at this stage is both for what's already been made and what will be made in the future. That is the contract. If you'd get 50% off now, you wouldn't be financing further development and thus not be entitled to updates.

The bugs are the only valid complaint and a good portion of them should get dealt with some time next week. I hope you'll be able to enjoy the game then.

Do you even know what a preview game is? All I seem to see of you is complaining...
  • EcnahcEcnahc USA Join Date: 2016-03-18 Member: 214400Members
    No Subnautica is not worth that much, though many console titles are worth far less than they charge. Console gamers are especially not used to the idea of "early access" so people who buy it on xbox now are going to be judging on how it is now, not what it could/might be.
  • 1RoMo11RoMo1 USA Join Date: 2016-06-10 Member: 218356Members
    I would wait to purchase. Although the game is fun and shows huge potential, it is extremely limited and slightly buggy as it now stands.
    ARK is a another sandbox/survival game on XBOX (BTW,ARK constantly gets regular updates!), give it a try while waiting to see how Subnautica pans out.
  • TheSonicSpartanTheSonicSpartan usa Join Date: 2016-06-13 Member: 218538Members
    All good thing will come in time. I won't lie it can drive you nuts if you let it.