Beds?

DannyRDannyR Bucharest, Romania Join Date: 2015-11-08 Member: 209102Members
So, I wasted about 20 minutes to find the wreck in the mountains, dodged 100 Leviathans, another minute to cut open the door, navigated through the maze to find out that the beds aren't scannable yet? What's up with that??? Why did the update go live then, lol?

Comments

• Enderguy059Enderguy059 Australia Join Date: 2015-10-15 Member: 208486Members
  • DannyRDannyR Bucharest, Romania Join Date: 2015-11-08 Member: 209102Members
    Well it's old but don't tell me I have to start over after about 200 hours of grinding and setting up the base the way that I want, cause I rather sleep on the floor =))
  • TenebrousNovaTenebrousNova England Join Date: 2015-12-23 Member: 210206Members
    Obraxis wrote: »
    domille wrote: »
    Do we need to start a fresh game for these updates to take place or can we keep playing the game we have saved?

You can upgrade your saved game. You will get a warning msg, letting you know if you built a base in the area that has been updated, there is a small chance it will be lost.

Starting a new game is safer, but upgrading should work from the last public version. The older the saved game however, the higher change something might go wrong.

And you're not the only one. Maybe to spice things up I'll have to build my starting base on an underwater island or something.
    Yes, I did read that, so, in theory, it should work...but it doesn't. The thing is, all the updates till now made no problems. I mean, I have no problems with the last update either, except the fact that I can't scan the beds. Maybe it will change with later updates.
  • Buckets_sentry_gunBuckets_sentry_gun Puerto Rico Join Date: 2016-05-19 Member: 217057Members
    edited June 2016
    Did they revealed where to find the beds? :open_mouth:

Edit: Btw, I also have an older save, so I hope this doesn't happen to me T___T
  • SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members
    If you can't scan them, you could always console the blueprint. Seems like a non-cheat if the game won't work quite right.
  • Squeal_Like_A_PigSqueal_Like_A_Pig Janitor Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 66Members, Super Administrators, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Developer, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Developer
    DannyR wrote: »
    So, I wasted about 20 minutes to find the wreck in the mountains, dodged 100 Leviathans, another minute to cut open the door, navigated through the maze to find out that the beds aren't scannable yet? What's up with that??? Why did the update go live then, lol?
    Hmm, this is odd. The beds were scannable when we tested. There is another location with a bed *cough*look for the cave with the large mushroom dwelling snakes*cough* so maybe try and see if you can scan that one?
    edited June 2016
    Hmm, this is odd. The beds were scannable when we tested. There is another location with a bed *cough*look for the cave with the large mushroom dwelling snakes*cough* so maybe try and see if you can scan that one?

Awesome. Will give it a try later and let you know. Thanks for the tip and the secret :P

Later edit: Are you referring to the abandoned base? Cause there's no bed in there. And I don't think I ever saw a wreck in those caves :D
  • jnorem4jnorem4 Houston, TX Join Date: 2016-06-02 Member: 217990Members
    I just tried to scan the beds in the Mountains with a new game started after the update, and they wouldn't scan either, along with everything else in the room. But this was a pretty great update, no lie.
  • RainstormRainstorm Montreal (Quebec) Join Date: 2015-12-15 Member: 210003Members
    Later edit: Are you referring to the abandoned base? Cause there's no bed in there. And I don't think I ever saw a wreck in those caves :D

me neither. then again, it could be something added recently. i have not located any bedroom furniture yet that can be scanned, so my search for them ever continues :smiley: but i dont mind, i got to play with them a bit on a temprary Creative mode game i made just to test them out :smile:

The ones that you mentioned earlier that were in the "cave with the large mushroom dwelling snakes" was scannable, so that one can be used.
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    There are 2 locations where beds can be scanned, seems the third has issues, so we'll get that fixed ASAP. But there are 2 locations live which work.
    jnorem4 wrote: »
    The ones that you mentioned earlier that were in the "cave with the large mushroom dwelling snakes" was scannable, so that one can be used.

Wait what? Where is it? It's not in the abandoned base for sure and I don't know of any wrecks down there.
  • NamelessChaosNamelessChaos Germany Join Date: 2016-02-17 Member: 213158Members
    edited June 2016
    Bed1 is scannable and buildable, found it in a wreck near/in Blue ball zone.

Oh, and the scannable/buildable Drawer was in there too.
  • Squeal_Like_A_PigSqueal_Like_A_Pig Janitor Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 66Members, Super Administrators, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Developer, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Developer
    Wait what? Where is it? It's not in the abandoned base for sure and I don't know of any wrecks down there.
    Yes, it is in the abandoned base down there http://i.imgur.com/HfQwLb3.jpg

Oh nice, so that's why those stars were floating...my bed is invisible =)) Seems like the game really wants me to sleep on the floor :))))

Oh nice, so that's why those stars were floating...my bed is invisible =)) Seems like the game really wants me to sleep on the floor :))))

Uh...hmmm. So you see the starfish models that were placed on top of the bed, just floating, but the bed prop itself is not visible, or not there? Interesting.
  • KlinnKlinn Lost in a cave Join Date: 2016-03-09 Member: 214022Members
    edited June 2016
    Danny, could this have happened because you carried forward an old save rather than starting a new game after the Power Nap update?

Edit: I just read above that you've sunk a lot of time into your current game, but I guess when playing an early access version we just have to accept the need for a fresh restart when big changes are made. Even more so if you're playing the experimental build.

The good news is that after you go through it a few times, you'll get really really good at restarting and it goes much quicker! :)
  • Buckets_sentry_gunBuckets_sentry_gun Puerto Rico Join Date: 2016-05-19 Member: 217057Members
    edited June 2016

Uh...hmmm. So you see the starfish models that were placed on top of the bed, just floating, but the bed prop itself is not visible, or not there? Interesting.

Yep, I can't see it, but I do see the stars.

Edit: Also, I can't scan it T__T help.

Yes, exactly like that :D
    Klinn wrote: »
    Danny, could this have happened because you carried forward an old save rather than starting a new game after the Power Nap update?

Edit: I just read above that you've sunk a lot of time into your current game, but I guess when playing an early access version we just have to accept the need for a fresh restart when big changes are made. Even more so if you're playing the experimental build.

The good news is that after you go through it a few times, you'll get really really good at restarting and it goes much quicker! :)

Well yeah, I just thought I have a chance to not restart the game :D I mean, no major update created any problems till now. I guess I'm out of luck :D
  • Bam1500Bam1500 Plainfield, Il Join Date: 2016-05-23 Member: 217363Members

I saw this in my game too, didn't realize the bed was supposed to be in that spot. I too am playing on an older save.
    Yep, it looks it's an issue that only people with older saves need to deal with. Subnautica right now is like: "TOLD YOU SO"
    I now know that there is a scannable version of one of the beds, but what about the shelves? The Wiki says that they are in the Crash Zone, but I've spent a few hours searching and are convinced that they cannot be in the Crash Zone.
  • kyrtmalthornkyrtmalthorn Safe Shallows Join Date: 2016-06-03 Member: 218013Members
    edited June 2016
    Also confirming the missing bed bug:

bhb4LvE.jpg

Again, an upgraded savegame. I'll be restarting, now. :) I went to check on this as soon as I heard about it so I didn't get too much further in developing that save if it was bugged.
  • NamelessChaosNamelessChaos Germany Join Date: 2016-02-17 Member: 213158Members
    edited June 2016
    shelves/drawers whatever they are called are in the what I call Blue ball zone wreck along with bed1 scannable/buildable.
    Need a pic of em in my base?
    Not using the original zone names simply because I don`t know all since I don`t use internet maps. The wreck could be accessed with seamoth compressor 1 so it`s in the depth of aprox 100-300m. Btw; I don`t mean the koosh zone since I call it that way too since the mushrooms are labeled Koosh. ;-)
    What I still know is that the zone is N to W somewhere, once I get the compass (Island exploration then below it for magnetite or going north to the mountains for it) I usally explore counterclockwise from north and found it quite soon.

Btw, what can we stuff in em or are they so useless like the not working beds for now? Normally you get the message "you can`t touch this eh drop this here."
  • SilverfishstixSilverfishstix Yes Join Date: 2016-04-10 Member: 215613Members
    I'm having the same problems as above, and I just want to spawn these in. What's the item name?
    shelves/drawers whatever they are called are in the what I call Blue ball zone wreck along with bed1 scannable/buildable.
    Need a pic of em in my base?
    Not using the original zone names simply because I don`t know all since I don`t use internet maps. The wreck could be accessed with seamoth compressor 1 so it`s in the depth of aprox 100-300m. Btw; I don`t mean the koosh zone since I call it that way too since the mushrooms are labeled Koosh. ;-)
    What I still know is that the zone is N to W somewhere, once I get the compass (Island exploration then below it for magnetite or going north to the mountains for it) I usally explore counterclockwise from north and found it quite soon.

Btw, what can we stuff in em or are they so useless like the not working beds for now? Normally you get the message "you can`t touch this eh drop this here."

This zone? :open_mouth:
    nmhee73y5vcd.jpg

Yes Buckets, my Blue ball zone xD
    Yes Buckets, my Blue ball zone xD

Lol xD

Alright, this wreck? Because I didn't find anything, just empty rooms and flying floating doors. T_Tnqx1kntetexy.png