R.I.P Competitive NS2 2012-2016

Comments

• SupaDupaNoodleSupaDupaNoodle Join Date: 2003-01-12 Member: 12232Members
    AQUA5 wrote: »
    @SupaDupaNoodle Your lack of experience with the competitive scene and your inability to see the importance of it is the real arrogance here. You do not cater to the competitive nor do you particapate in it. How can you speak on its behalf.

I don't speak on its beahlf. I'm saying that it isn't important as it doesn't bring in new players, viewers, or revenue, and so it's loss through self-exile will not impact the game in any way except perhaps less tantrums and whining on these forums :D
  • YojimboYojimbo England Join Date: 2009-03-19 Member: 66806Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited May 2016
    AQUA5 wrote: »
    @SupaDupaNoodle Your lack of experience with the competitive scene and your inability to see the importance of it is the real arrogance here. You do not cater to the competitive nor do you participate in it. How can you speak on its behalf.
    b30_m1_010_l.jpg
  • LocklurrLocklurr Memphis Join Date: 2014-04-16 Member: 195443Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
  • joshhhjoshhh Milwaukee, WI Join Date: 2011-06-21 Member: 105717Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    edited May 2016
    Locklurr wrote: »
    xD
    @Locklurr
    :tractor: :trolleybus: :trolleybus: :trolleybus: :trolleybus: :trolleybus:
  • HEllrunner2kHEllrunner2k Join Date: 2013-07-05 Member: 185945Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    whatever you guys where set out to do, you accived the exact opposite... In six months you divided the community on multiple occations, alienated your core player base, pushed through changes that clearly run under personal preference, exhausted your modders and other contributors (the fbx tool was for making modding easier right?.. the irony) and now you killed off the comp scene and the NS2NEWS.... bravo .. a wreckingball would not have been more efficient... I told you what to do from the start.

Replaysystem, Scalable balance system, sponsor map decals, better presentation through the streamers and an overhauled spec mode ... you choose to ignore me and drove down milk-what's-left-of-em-abbey...

but I'd forgive you if you'd ask. all you gotta do is STOP everything not related to the top points and get rid of IronHorse as an admin. You can not have a fruitfull dialog with essential members of your playerbase if the information never reaches you just because there was no "please" and "thank you" in the post.
  • YojimboYojimbo England Join Date: 2009-03-19 Member: 66806Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    joshhh wrote: »
    I've come to the conclusion that Supa is a troll. Its the only logical explanation for him consistently making a fool of himself.

He should fit right in on discord then :smiley:
  • WakeWake Join Date: 2003-03-05 Member: 14351Members, Constellation
    Kouji_San wrote: »
    Stark wrote: »
    Hear that? It's the sound of PMs being sent.

That sound somehow smell funny...

Sneakies are the most stinkies
  • StardogStardog Join Date: 2004-10-25 Member: 32448Members
    NS2 had a comp scene?
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Stardog wrote: »
    NS2 had a comp scene?

Oh snap!
  • SupaDupaNoodleSupaDupaNoodle Join Date: 2003-01-12 Member: 12232Members
    edited May 2016
  • BestProfileNameBestProfileName Join Date: 2013-01-03 Member: 177320Members
    Luchs wrote: »
    (...) a new population of players, most likely more casual types, will be retained. (...)

A new comp community will form, and a new comp scene will develop. (...)

With all due respect, allow me to point out a tiny contradiction in your train of thoughts.

With all due respect, that isn't a contradiction. Saying that new players will come in, and that the majority of them will be casual (which is true of everything on the planet actually), or that a higher proportion of the ns2 community will be casual, doesn't preclude a new comp scene forming.

With that said I agree with josh that this game likely will not survive to that point so whilst the above is theoretically plausible that is where it ends.
  • 2cough2cough Rocky Mountain High Join Date: 2013-03-14 Member: 183952Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
  • AliteAlite Join Date: 2007-03-02 Member: 60188Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Hell of a ride, gg's all! See you all in other games :)
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited May 2016
    Zek wrote: »
    It's unfortunate that UWE couldn't find a solution to keep the game stable for competitive play while still shaking up the gameplay to reinvigorate the pub scene. I'm not sure it was ever possible to do both given the resources that can feasibly be allocated to the game at this stage, UWE is not a large company. Nobody's perfect and everybody involved is doing their best, so I wish people on both sides of the pub/competitive divide could try to keep it civil.

Separate game modes for testing and a stable one for gaming
  • YaluzanYaluzan Join Date: 2013-07-30 Member: 186474Members, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester
    edited May 2016
    blind wrote: »
    But most annoyingly was the malfunctioning password reset forcing me to manually set intiial passwords and mail them several dozend times.

I have sent WAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYY too many mails because it still hasn't been fixed.

And yeah it was great in the past years, C U IN COLOGNE
  • PelargirPelargir Join Date: 2013-07-02 Member: 185857Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Forum staff
    @blind: you still can't spell my nickname correctly. Much hate. :D
  • MephillesMephilles Germany Join Date: 2013-08-07 Member: 186634Members, NS2 Map Tester, NS2 Community Developer
    Well I'm sad and relieved that NSL is gone now at the same time.

I'm sad because I had an awesome time playing competitive since season 3 and season 9 was the most fun for me since season 5 tbh. So that's even sadder that the last season had to end like this.

Mistakes have been made (also by NSL) that lead to the death of the NSL.

Seems like alot of people will leave here... shame... hope you'll return when competitive scene rises again (yes I'm optimistic).

But now some things that I need to tell everyone:

Competitive Players have much less impact on the game than they think have. Yes we do have alot of skilled players who know the game and when it comes to balancing the game then those players are probably the most valuable input. However the player numbers are quite small in competitive. If you remember the NSL strike because of compmod and ns2+ being offline then you might also remember that the amount of players who played the game didn't change noticably. So pls do realise that the end of NSL is not the end of ns2.

I am also optimistic that a new competitive scene will rise again (most likely not NSL though). But I am also quite sure that this won't happen before 2017 and I trust the PDT that they are able to pull that off. And when that happens I hope to see people returning (well tbh I don't want all of them to return tbh...)

I will continue to stick around in ns2, I will support the devs as hard as I can because funnily enough they have the same goal as I do and I think they also have the same goal as 90% of the ns2 community. They do have a plan and I put my full trust in it.

Now as for the fun part. TAWmageddon is not planning to stop playing competitively. So everyone who wants to play some 6v6 action in a team feel free to ask us anytime.
  • BicsumBicsum Join Date: 2012-02-27 Member: 147596Members, Reinforced - Gold
    edited May 2016
    @Mephilles

It seems like we're not planning on quitting either.

I'd wait with any discussion concerning the future of the ensl, until everyone is done putting flowers on it. In 5 days or so.
  • AeglosAeglos Join Date: 2010-04-06 Member: 71189Members
    NotPaLaGi wrote: »
    Personally, I can't wait for the new 1v1 comp scene: Kasharic vs SupaDupaNoodle! Should be an epic time!

Competitive NS2 face painting! Lets go!
This discussion has been closed.