'AURORA FALLS' - A Subnautica story.

Comments

• Obnoxious_GamerObnoxious_Gamer Cyclops Join Date: 2016-01-05 Member: 210938Members
    Oh for the love of **** - can we please stop with the argument and just accept that a joke was made, wasn't taken the way it was intended, led to a bit of upset all-round, and no-one wants a repeat?

Well, no, because then he couldn't justify his unjustified anger!
  • Gman_Plays_GamesGman_Plays_Games Washington Join Date: 2016-03-18 Member: 214401Members
    Don't give them an AI Selkirk! Kill them and release the Sea Emperor yourself!
  • Obnoxious_GamerObnoxious_Gamer Cyclops Join Date: 2016-01-05 Member: 210938Members
    I'm a bit confused as to why he needs Baat for anything.
  • CoranthCoranth Join Date: 2015-06-02 Member: 205160Members
  • TenebrousNovaTenebrousNova England Join Date: 2015-12-23 Member: 210206Members
    He won't do it, he's proven time and again that he views the AI constructs as sentient beings that deserve respect. Hell, he was reluctant to destroy the STARFISH AI core for this reason.
    Baat has no defences left and it's clear that he'd backstab Selkirk in a heartbeat (Like he did to his father...?). I'd tranquilize him and his cronies and just finish the mission, unless there's some sort of kill switch he'll threaten to use on the Sea Emperor. Selkirk doesn't even have to kill them himself, he can just hand them over to the Warpers.
    YYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!
  • Brodude1234Brodude1234 Join Date: 2016-03-31 Member: 215106Members
    edited May 2016
    Engineer Selkirk doesn't play games.

Also, does anyone else do this, but when you're reading a story (could be any story), you read the names wrong and pronounce them wrong in your head every time and realise that it is wrong but you continue to pronounce them that way anyway (I apologise, that was a terrible sentence). Like, for example, I always pronounce the protagonist's name as Sirlkek, regardless of the fact that it is actually Selkirk.

Anywho, awesome story Bugzapper. Keep it up :smiley:
  • JoeakuakuJoeakuaku USA Join Date: 2016-04-10 Member: 215614Members
    I literally sharply inhaled or something like that around the end of the last part.

I can't recall another story offhand that made me this excited, even if it's the cliffhanger-part. Bravo.
  • fangfatherhunterfangfatherhunter england Join Date: 2016-05-05 Member: 216369Members
    perfect time to introduce the titan and manta
    perfect time to introduce the titan and manta

What're those?
  • fangfatherhunterfangfatherhunter england Join Date: 2016-05-05 Member: 216369Members
    two larger subs that will hopefully be implemented soon
    [search on google images]
  • ComicalSkateComicalSkate Canada, ON Join Date: 2015-05-28 Member: 204993Members

In a discussion with the devs, they said there are no plans to add any further vehicles into the game, at least not for a very long time. So ya, keep dreaming.
  • Phoenix223Phoenix223 Chicago Join Date: 2016-02-18 Member: 213174Members
    edited May 2016

In a discussion with the devs, they said there are no plans to add any further vehicles into the game, at least not for a very long time. So ya, keep dreaming.

No Draconis? (sadness)
    Bugzapper wrote: »
    My bladder reflexively let go, sending a hot, shameful glow down both legs of my dive suit.

I hope Selkirk's wearing a still suit. XD
  • AAAsubnauticaAAAsubnautica Join Date: 2016-05-10 Member: 216569Members
    If he was wearing a stillsuit then that would be water for daaaayyyyssssssss!
  • BugzapperBugzapper Australia Join Date: 2015-03-06 Member: 201744Members
    If he was wearing a stillsuit then that would be water for daaaayyyyssssssss!

BRAWNDO. It has electrolytes. It's what plants crave. :)
  • Gman_Plays_GamesGman_Plays_Games Washington Join Date: 2016-03-18 Member: 214401Members
    Coranth wrote: »
    Subnautica Devs: "F**k it, let's use this story for the game!"

This ^ lol.

But one thing, he has yet to encounter a Sea Dragon Leviathan or the Sea Treaders...
  • Tmart94Tmart94 u.s Join Date: 2016-04-21 Member: 216043Members
    Ooo. Right in the feels with that one.
  • CrypervillaCrypervilla US Join Date: 2016-02-14 Member: 213026Members
    edited May 2016
    Sporks too op even in the future apparently...

(edit)- I wrote the comment above without reading the rest. Okki dokki then, now this puts things into a load more of perspective and much more craziness and amazingness.
  • Phoenix223Phoenix223 Chicago Join Date: 2016-02-18 Member: 213174Members
    edited May 2016
    Subnautica Devs: "F**k it, let's use this story for the game!"

This ^ lol.

But one thing, he has yet to encounter a Sea Dragon Leviathan or the Sea Treaders...

Off topic, Sea Treaders are implemented now (experimental). As for Selkirk encountering one, chances are that brain-truss Tomar nuked the **** outta them when he gunned for our dear protagonist. The SDLs? This far in, something tells me they were wiped out by Baat and his cronies. Based on what we know from earlier, for Manannan's sake, I hope not.
  • Warper01Warper01 Australia Join Date: 2016-05-18 Member: 216922Members
    I made an account as soon as I finished reading this. It took me 1 whole day. It is AWESOME!!. Don't tell me you're done.
    Sporks too OP plz nerf.
  • BugzapperBugzapper Australia Join Date: 2015-03-06 Member: 201744Members
    Sporks too OP plz nerf.

Should be able to upgrade Sporks into Splayds after the next update. ;)
  • JoeakuakuJoeakuaku USA Join Date: 2016-04-10 Member: 215614Members
    Bugzapper wrote: »
    Sporks too OP plz nerf.

Should be able to upgrade Sporks into Splayds after the next update. ;)

Correction: Sporf.
    Splayd is a brand.
  • Warper01Warper01 Australia Join Date: 2016-05-18 Member: 216922Members
    @Bugzapper, Is it okay if I copy your entire story onto a single file? all credits will go to you respectively of course. it's just so that when someone reads the story they don't need to scroll past the tons of comments ( as I had to)