'AURORA FALLS' - A Subnautica story.

Comments

• R2T9R2T9 United States Join Date: 2016-01-03 Member: 210867Members
    Bugzapper wrote: »

Not exactly. Google the name 'Alexander Selkirk'. ;)

Very nice! Clever use of a historical reference! So sneaky that no one ever noticed. Lovely story, thank you for writing it.
  • ComicalSkateComicalSkate Canada, ON Join Date: 2015-05-28 Member: 204993Members
    Well, i am a little late to the goodbye party but thank you so much! That was an amazing story! I followed it from the first post and never thought it would get this far and become so great! Thank you so much! That was a sad but happy ending. Now we need a sequel! The subnautical adventures of the AI crew! Or a prequel, the not so exciting adventures of an Alterra engineer! Anyone enjoy your break! Play some Subnautica and stuff! I bet your happy it is over and that it turned out so well. If only you could publish this and make some money off of it, because alot of time and effort was put into this amazing story!
    10/10
    Would read again!
  • TechMasterAllenTechMasterAllen Join Date: 2015-06-28 Member: 205844Members
    Well, the journey is over, and we'll all miss the story. Still, though, this is light-years ahead of any story I could ever write. This is better than a lot of books I have read.
  • sayerulzsayerulz oregon Join Date: 2015-04-15 Member: 203493Members
    To everyone who read and enjoyed 'Aurora Falls'... Thank you.

Without your support, this story wouldn't have happened. :)

Read something. Write something. Make something.
    Be excellent to each other.

Do I get a budget TARDIS for getting the reference despite having watched like 10% of that movie?
  • AAAsubnauticaAAAsubnautica Join Date: 2016-05-10 Member: 216569Members
    And so, after 2.5 terms of reading, I see the end.
    (Initiate reread process)
    (Starting sequence)
  • JoeakuakuJoeakuaku USA Join Date: 2016-04-10 Member: 215614Members

Bodacious, dude.
  • Warper01Warper01 Australia Join Date: 2016-05-18 Member: 216922Members

Dude, It was a pleasure. I am deeply upset that it had to end*.

*fingers crossed for sequel!!!!
    *fingers crossed for sequel!!!!
    Fingers crossed? More like every body part I can cross.
  • fangfatherhunterfangfatherhunter england Join Date: 2016-05-05 Member: 216369Members
    you should do an noahs ark type but instead selkirk has to build a spacecraft and get the unique mananan ecosystem away from the alphards star
  • LeakingAmpsLeakingAmps Join Date: 2016-02-03 Member: 212527Members
    That was a good story! Thanks for sharing it with us, Bugzapper!
  • ForsakenDignityForsakenDignity Taiwan Join Date: 2016-02-24 Member: 213417Members
    Sad to see such an awesome story come to an end... Now I would have to do something else during composition class to pass the time :"(
    I am actually pretty curious about the events leading up to Aurora Falls though. I know this is a lot to ask for but I'd love to see a prequel... or another story from a different perspective that takes place in the same universe.
    Regardless, thanks for the exceptional story, Bugzapper!

- By a Subnautica player who had spent most of his time murdering Manannán's children
    I just now realized, the story starts and ends with the exact same words.
  • TenebrousNovaTenebrousNova England Join Date: 2015-12-23 Member: 210206Members
    The devs should totally sticky this thread.
  • BugzapperBugzapper Australia Join Date: 2015-03-06 Member: 201744Members
    Wouldn't mind hearing from The Devs at this point. If only to do The Right Thing by them. Seriously.

'Aurora Falls' (c) Lee Perkins, May 2016.

DISCLAIMER

The Author (Lee Perkins) wishes to assert his moral right as the author of 'Aurora Falls' and formally acknowledges having incorporated characters and situations in said story that are the sole intellectual property of Unknown Worlds Entertainment.

'Aurora Falls' is a fan-fiction story based upon characters and situations used in the computer game 'Subnautica', and is in no way intended to infringe upon the intellectual property and Copyright entitlements of Unknown Worlds Entertainment.

Codicil: Any literary allusions, movie references, slogans and memes used in this story are also gratefully acknowledged with all due attribution to their respective authors. They know who they are. ;)

NOTE: 'Aurora Falls' may not be re-distributed in any legible or machine-readable format elsewhere in print, voice or electronic media without the express written permission of Unknown Worlds Entertainment and The Author.

We're all friends here. Play nicely, now. :)

Wouldn't mind hearing from The Devs at this point. If only to do The Right Thing by them. Seriously.

'Aurora Falls' (c) Lee Perkins, May 2016.

DISCLAIMER

The Author (Lee Perkins) wishes to assert his moral right as the author of 'Aurora Falls' and formally acknowledges having incorporated characters and situations in said story that are the sole intellectual property of Unknown Worlds Entertainment.

'Aurora Falls' is a fan-fiction story based upon characters and situations used in the computer game 'Subnautica', and is in no way intended to infringe upon the intellectual property and Copyright entitlements of Unknown Worlds Entertainment.

Codicil: Any literary allusions, movie references, slogans and memes used in this story are also gratefully acknowledged with all due attribution to their respective authors. They know who they are. ;)

NOTE: 'Aurora Falls' may not be re-distributed in any legible or machine-readable format elsewhere in print, voice or electronic media without the express written permission of Unknown Worlds Entertainment and The Author.

We're all friends here. Play nicely, now. :)

I can still put it all on to 1 document right?
  • BugzapperBugzapper Australia Join Date: 2015-03-06 Member: 201744Members
    Warper01 wrote: »

By all means, but only for your personal use. Publishing the story elsewhere is the big no-no.

I'd rather not spend my next 70 years chasing down illegal ripoffs across the Interwebz.

If anyone tries to pass off 'Aurora Falls' as their own work or worse yet, gets paid for ripping me off...
    There will be trouble.

Warper01 wrote: »

By all means, but only for your personal use. Publishing the story elsewhere is the big no-no.

I'd rather not spend my next 70 years chasing down illegal ripoffs across the Interwebz.

If anyone tries to pass off 'Aurora Falls' as their own work or worse yet, gets paid for ripping me off...
    There will be trouble.

fair enough
    Please create a sequel!!!
  • ComicalSkateComicalSkate Canada, ON Join Date: 2015-05-28 Member: 204993Members
    The forums has got increasingly more boring now that your story is over lol, I don't have anything to do on here but take 2 minutes to look at the few interesting topics or ones the devs responded to.
  • TenebrousNovaTenebrousNova England Join Date: 2015-12-23 Member: 210206Members
    I'm currently batting a few ideas around. ;)

If 'Aurora Falls' hits 50k views, there will be a sequel.

Working title: 'Borealis Rising'.

You're pretty much guaranteed to hit 50K at this rate. I like what you did there with the title.
  • CoranthCoranth Join Date: 2015-06-02 Member: 205160Members
  • Pudding01Pudding01 Minnesota Join Date: 2016-05-03 Member: 216308Members
    About 600 views to go!
  • Pudding01Pudding01 Minnesota Join Date: 2016-05-03 Member: 216308Members
    Less than 100 to go!
    edited June 2016
    +++ AUTHOR 1.0 BIOS +++

+++ Online. +++

+++ Boot sequence initialized. Please stand by. +++

Now to start AUTHOR OS 1.0!
    Also, like what you did with BIOS (Basic Input Output System).
  • _Quack_Quack__Quack_Quack_ A pond Join Date: 2016-06-08 Member: 218294Members
    Am i late to the party. Well still, this is an amazing story and way better then I thought it would be. I loved it very much. To bad it is over, however i hope a sequel or a prequel will come out.
  • sayerulzsayerulz oregon Join Date: 2015-04-15 Member: 203493Members
    Am i late to the party. Well still, this is an amazing story and way better then I thought it would be. I loved it very much. To bad it is over, however i hope a sequel or a prequel will come out.

A sequel just came out a few days ago....
  • Funsauce32Funsauce32 Canada Join Date: 2016-06-09 Member: 218339Members
    What happened to the story? now its just you complaining about the nuclear reactor thingy