Subnautica XBox One Release Date - Subnautica

SystemSystem Join Date: 2013-01-29 Member: 182599Members, Super Administrators, Reinforced - Diamond

imageSubnautica XBox One Release Date - Subnautica

Updated on April 1st Subnautica is coming to XBox One’s ‘Preview Program’ on April 1st, 2016 some time around mid 2016, or possibly earlier. If you have an XBox and...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Mrcoolguy104Mrcoolguy104 USA Join Date: 2016-04-02 Member: 215230Members
    When will it come out then?
  • nitay1998nitay1998 Isreal Join Date: 2016-02-21 Member: 213278Members
    Mid 2016 probably (2 months from now), though I don't realy care because I have xbox 360 not one
  • EnjamEnjam Md Join Date: 2015-03-24 Member: 202531Members
    I can't help but think it's a sin to move games like this and for that matter ARK to Xbox. Unique games like these are one the the major differences separating PC gaming and Console gaming. On the other hand, this will make them a lot more money. (It wont ever be as good as the PC version, I can tell you that for sure)
  • Darwin-EvolutionDarwin-Evolution France Join Date: 2015-06-07 Member: 205310Members
    edited April 2016
    @Enjam Can we just stop it with this Console vs PC shit?
  • EnjamEnjam Md Join Date: 2015-03-24 Member: 202531Members
    @Darwin-Evolution Hang on there calm down, your hostility is unnecessary. I'm merely stating my opinion and if you do hate the "Pc vs Console*" (Don't worry i got your spelling) then do what a lot of people do and own both! Now that's an idea!
  • TouchedChimpTouchedChimp Colorado Join Date: 2016-03-31 Member: 215132Members
    So this is going to the preview program you gotta be a member of?
  • sPeaRr0sPeaRr0 Canada Join Date: 2016-04-01 Member: 215153Members
    @TouchedChimp, the xbox games preview program is open to all xbox users. Xbox preview program is an invitation based beta community that test system upgrades and the like for Microsoft. They shouldve used different terminology it seems because it is commonly confused.
  • TouchedChimpTouchedChimp Colorado Join Date: 2016-03-31 Member: 215132Members
    @sPeaRrO Thank you. I knew they were different I was just worried since they had a link to invite only one on the news post that it ment it was for the invitation only crowd.
  • Darwin-EvolutionDarwin-Evolution France Join Date: 2015-06-07 Member: 205310Members
    @Enjam I apolagise for that. It's just that I can't stand it when console gamers state themselves superior to PC gamers and vice versa. I despise it when a gamer from one platform is against the release of one game he/she likes to another platform just because he/she wants to keep it on his/her platform.
    Seperating these two platforms by releasing certain games only on one of them is just stupid as it creates unnessary hostility between the communities. There has been too much shit happening between them already. They must learn to accept each other, to see each other as one super-community of gamers.
    Btw, I already own both platforms.
  • sPeaRr0sPeaRr0 Canada Join Date: 2016-04-01 Member: 215153Members
    @TouchedChimp, you're right. That is confusing. There is even a forum post of someone letting uwe know of the error. I might misunderstand the way gpp and xbpp work and it is an invitation based beta. All the devs have said is soon. @Darwin-Evolution, Don't apologize. You have the right of it to get upset. Its petty. People HAVE to feel superior though, it's human nature to want to be the alpha. With that said, the end all to who the better gamers are? You can't cheat on console. No trainers, no hacks, no mods. Just pure honest console gaming. ;<)
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    We're still thinking soon - it wont be months. Keep an eye out for https://twitter.com/SubnauticaXbox/
  • PeppocanettaPeppocanetta Italy Join Date: 2016-04-01 Member: 215150Members
    @Darwin-Evolution I totally agree with u! Stop console wars!! Then Pc and Xbox (as far as I could concern) will be the same community in a not far future! So we shouldn't get angry cause the devs decided to make a port of the game to xbox one rather they said that this port will help the development of the Pc version too! So guys control our hype and support UWE though they continue to delay the game release!! :disappointed:
  • starkaosstarkaos Join Date: 2016-03-31 Member: 215139Members
    @Darwin-Evolution I totally agree with u! Stop console wars!! Then Pc and Xbox (as far as I could concern) will be the same community in a not far future! So we shouldn't get angry cause the devs decided to make a port of the game to xbox one rather they said that this port will help the development of the Pc version too! So guys control our hype and support UWE though they continue to delay the game release!! :disappointed:

We are already getting to that point. There is little difference in the hardware between modern consoles and PCs. Just look at Xbox One and Windows 10. Xbox One is now running a variation of Windows 10. In fact, Microsoft is now releasing Xbox Exclusives on Windows 10 which would have never happened 5 years ago.

Then there is the rumor about there might not even be a Playstation 5. Why bother with creating a console when all you need is a decent computer, proprietary decryption software, and controllers? With such a system, we could play Xbox and Playstation games on the same hardware. It is just a matter of whether selling consoles or games are more important to the company.