Update 294 Released on Steam! - Natural Selection 2

1235»

Comments

• IntrepidHIntrepidH Florida Join Date: 2015-12-09 Member: 209838Members
    yeah but that one server has up to 40+ players in it.... that was almost equal to the amount of people playing in the other 3 servers playing at that time.
    furthermore, before recent patches which frustrated modders from turning away from siege, that could have easily been another server available of 20-28 players on that no longer can play the game because supporting it became far too tedious to upkeep.

• MaxAmusMaxAmus UK Join Date: 2003-12-26 Member: 24779Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    Correct me if i am wrong, But server filters have been there all along? you could filter by server type / mod before, all this change has done is change the default to NS2?

And 30 minutes to figure that out? am sorry but do you even internet? using that as a excuse in 2016 is just beyond silly.

Change is for the better of NS2, NOT 1 server.
  • MoFo1MoFo1 United States Join Date: 2014-07-25 Member: 197612Members
    MaxAmus wrote: »
    Correct me if i am wrong, But server filters have been there all along? you could filter by server type / mod before, all this change has done is change the default to NS2?

And 30 minutes to figure that out? am sorry but do you even internet? using that as a excuse in 2016 is just beyond silly.

Change is for the better of NS2, NOT 1 server.

Thank you!! Glad to see I'm not the only one with common sense..
  • herakl3sherakl3s Join Date: 2010-12-22 Member: 75852Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    What the actual ****? I CAN'T FIND ENSL SERVERS?
    Trying to kill the comp scene UWE?

| ]
  • PuphBallPuphBall Join Date: 2013-06-06 Member: 185488Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow
    All modded game-modes have been dead since patch 294. That's really heartbreaking.
  • TinkiTinki Join Date: 2013-12-03 Member: 189715Members
    edited April 2016
    http://steamcharts.com/app/4920

It was at 291.5 players when the update came out (and the decrease was stable for 45 days at -2.7 players/10days).
    Almost 10 days after the update we are at 276 average players on the last 30 days. And it's without taking in account the fact that the average of the last 10 days is actually lower.
    That's 90 players playing 4h a day, everyday, that we shouldn't have loss if the decrease was stable,
  • KittyAttackKittyAttack California Join Date: 2013-11-29 Member: 189622Members, WC 2013 - Supporter
    edited April 2016
    I think closing the update 295 comments section was a bad decision considering how many people play NS2 (which is still very few overall) and how many of those people have criticism or comments regarding reasons for some questionable choices in unwanted "game tweaks".....

I have played 3,000 hours (most of which is on a rookie friendly server) and have yet to see a valid reason posted to remove ragdolls from the game. (yes I heard people claim is was to stop rookies from shooting corpses, which is a hysterical excuse considering rookies never do this. Pro's and vets may do this just to move the ragdoll around for luls or screenshots but that is all.

So what was the real reason ragdolls were removed? many people are complaining that this was unnecessary and I have to agree. Ragdolls help you know you killed something and the player did not just F4 or disconnect.

Can you guys please fix this mistake and change the ragdoll to a timer option for server owners and players client side. People are raging and quitting over this patch which I know is not the desire of the community or the devs despite the negative outcome. This does need to be corrected though very soon.
  • MoFo1MoFo1 United States Join Date: 2014-07-25 Member: 197612Members
    I think closing the update 295 comments section was a bad decision considering how many people play NS2 (which is still very few overall) and how many of those people have criticism or comments regarding reasons for some questionable choices in unwanted "game tweaks".....

They didn't close the 295 thread... They did close the duplicate 295 thread that the forum not reposted for some reason, but that thread had nothing in it really.