Going straight to the devs with this

ChaosKnight626ChaosKnight626 Minnesota Join Date: 2015-08-05 Member: 206783Members
I've been considering how to make the large aquarium more like the concept art. I'm certain you devs have already thought of this, but what if you built a bulkhead onto the aquarium, or something similar. It would then extend from the aquarium to the outside. You could build a species analyzer onto it to study creatures you bring into it and it would be a cool airlock for transitioning to the outside.
@Obraxis @Insane

I bet @04Leonhardt can agree that something like this would make the game interesting

Comments

• cobrakiller456cobrakiller456 Texas Join Date: 2016-03-08 Member: 213990Members
    So your saying you want a bulk door on the aquarium? Am I getting hat right
  • MyrmMyrm Sweden Join Date: 2015-08-16 Member: 207210Members
    But when you open the door the fish would swam away into the sea - or water comes rushing into your base.
  • cobrakiller456cobrakiller456 Texas Join Date: 2016-03-08 Member: 213990Members
    I was thinking the same thing like it would flood your home/room and let the fish swarm lol
  • Darwin-EvolutionDarwin-Evolution France Join Date: 2015-06-07 Member: 205310Members

Here's the concept art:

latest?cb=20150926134002

Here's the concept art:

latest?cb=20150926134002

like a room on the side to get in? wont that just take up space tho because having a hatch doesn't take much space but putting a bulk door would take the other side of the room and people don't want to go all away around? i like the idea but its just how its going to work and the space it might take up :#
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    We're not doing this idea at the present time, as higher priorities are currently being worked on. We may revisit this, but dont hold your breath.
  • Alex_INFERNOAlex_INFERNO Russia, Moscow Join Date: 2016-03-09 Member: 214036Members
    i think it's wrong by mechanical strength
  • zetachronzetachron Germany Join Date: 2014-11-14 Member: 199655Members
    I'd say, skip this idea
    latest?cb=20150926134002
    and create a big dome habitat, like this globe floating inside the water
    Screen-Shot-2012-08-17-at-10.14.44-AM-e1345224088287.png
    or these globes embedded into ground
    7b02731c-7bff-4450-841d-d962d245b8fe-460x276.jpeg
    or this half globe dome
    dome%20greenhouse.jpg
    where you can
    • terraform the floor (and only there in a seperate save structure) to match a biome surface
    • plant big plants like mushroom trees to match a biome
    • put in big creatures that can be allowed to be aggresive
    • flood water or pump air inside to get surface or underwater environments

And best of all - minimal artwork needed:
    • one big globe design
    • one fixed embedded tube connection
    • a fixed save structure for terraformed floor to create your private twisty bridges
    • a modified terraformer to embed plant seeds into the floor
    • the rest (flooding, creatures, farming) is already part of the game
  • Alex_INFERNOAlex_INFERNO Russia, Moscow Join Date: 2016-03-09 Member: 214036Members
    edited March 2016
    again - what about mechanical strength? don't forget about the one fact - THAT world is not ours. its a world of that creaturers. U build, study,... but while that creatures allow u to do this. here good time to think about defence turrets XD...

But idea about big glass dome in game on my opinion is great.
  • BobythebeeBobythebee France Join Date: 2016-03-09 Member: 214045Members
    Hi ! Your first idea sounds just awesome ! also, the hatch from exterior to the big aquarium can be built with existing pieces. But I hardly hope the actual aquarium is just a prototype because it's a bit glitchy when you walk around.

Also, this sort of hatch seem more realistic for me, (yeah I know, better for gameplay blabla).
    Cause if you open a hatch to your base at 50m of depth... meh. Good luck boy xD
    edited March 2016
    Bobythebee wrote: »
    Also, this sort of hatch seem more realistic for me, (yeah I know, better for gameplay blabla).
    Cause if you open a hatch to your base at 50m of depth... meh. Good luck boy xD

And what about posibility to place airlock door on UP side? As for realisticaly it can place ONLY below any construction. here can be added animation like in variant with entrance in lifepod, because for now all another way for entrance looking like a teleporting )))
    Same moods about entrance to Cyclop and Seamoth
    zetachron wrote: »
    I'd say, skip this idea
    latest?cb=20150926134002
    and create a big dome habitat, like this globe floating inside the water
    Screen-Shot-2012-08-17-at-10.14.44-AM-e1345224088287.png
    or these globes embedded into ground
    7b02731c-7bff-4450-841d-d962d245b8fe-460x276.jpeg
    or this half globe dome
    dome%20greenhouse.jpg
    where you can
    • terraform the floor (and only there in a seperate save structure) to match a biome surface
    • plant big plants like mushroom trees to match a biome
    • put in big creatures that can be allowed to be aggresive
    • flood water or pump air inside to get surface or underwater environments

And best of all - minimal artwork needed:
    • one big globe design
    • one fixed embedded tube connection
    • a fixed save structure for terraformed floor to create your private twisty bridges
    • a modified terraformer to embed plant seeds into the floor
    • the rest (flooding, creatures, farming) is already part of the game

Love that and when I saw u say that it felt like my air bubble idea of you can look for it on my discussions lol
    I agree on the big dome habitat idea
  • ChaosKnight626ChaosKnight626 Minnesota Join Date: 2015-08-05 Member: 206783Members
    Obraxis wrote: »
    We're not doing this idea at the present time, as higher priorities are currently being worked on. We may revisit this, but dont hold your breath.

Okay, I understand. It's more important to focus on making the game mechanics work before getting into the polish. I'm not planning on holding my breath, but it's good to see that it's floating in your minds, just not for the foreseeable future
  • BobythebeeBobythebee France Join Date: 2016-03-09 Member: 214045Members
    yeah, now bases are pretty well implemented, just a few bugs to deal with, farming is a refreshing update, needing some adjustements, this idea is a good thing but there 1001 stuff to do, holdin my breath thinking to Exosuit, creatures, interactions with flaura and fauna and scénario please

de la bonne science-fiction comme on l'aime ! <3
  • Sub_NaughtySub_Naughty Away from Reapers Join Date: 2016-05-22 Member: 217316Members
    edited May 2016
    Myrm wrote: »
    But when you open the door the fish would swam away into the sea - or water comes rushing into your base.

Easilly overcome, Just use two bulkheads so you have the big fish tank with a hatch/bulkhead attached to a normal corridor with another bulhead the other end, step in from base, close door, open fish tank hatch/bulk head and step in? I've mentioned something like this in my post about how the moonpool shouls be fully submerged with closing bay doors and if you fail to close bulk heads then your base floods lol! Read it here http://goo.gl/jqx9a2, might give some of you ideas to post!