Auto Save!!!

NovaKHDNovaKHD Join Date: 2016-03-06 Member: 213894Members
I get carried away when playing this game, I don't have time to save every time. Why isn't there an auto save? I've sunk almost 17 hours in the game just to be reverted 8 hours back. I love everything about this game but why isn't there an auto save implemented yet?

Comments

• Darwin-EvolutionDarwin-Evolution France Join Date: 2015-06-07 Member: 205310Members
    It would indeed be awesome to have an auto save, but just imagine if you screwed up just before the save. You wouldn't be able to go back to your older content, and that means either continue with a broken/bad game or start a new one, and that sucks.
  • DumaDuma Oklahoma Join Date: 2016-02-02 Member: 212475Members
    There was before the HBO update if I remember right. I cannot recall seeing an auto save since. I think there is now, but you don't "see" it scroll in the screen notifications. I died in game yesterday, and only lost what I was carrying, but not what I had done over the last hour, or so.

So, I don'the really know what the trigger is for an auto save. Just that it doesn't always occur.
  • RainstormRainstorm Montreal (Quebec) Join Date: 2015-12-15 Member: 210003Members
    Duma wrote: »
    There was before the HBO update if I remember right. I cannot recall seeing an auto save since. I think there is now, but you don't "see" it scroll in the screen notifications. I died in game yesterday, and only lost what I was carrying, but not what I had done over the last hour, or so.

So, I don'the really know what the trigger is for an auto save. Just that it doesn't always occur.

this isnt an autosave, its just a feature that spawns you back to your last visited base/lifepod/cyclops when you die. This game never had any autosave but would be much appreciated. One could enable/disable it in the options menu and set it to whatever timeframe wanted like autosave every 10m/30m/1hr for example. Of course, this feature would be automatically disabled in Hardcore mode.
  • DumaDuma Oklahoma Join Date: 2016-02-02 Member: 212475Members
    edited March 2016
    The game did have an auto save. You could occasionally catch it scrolling in the upper left corner of the screen. If I don't initiate a save then it is an auto save.

Currently via the escape key you can manually save games anywhere you happen to be at.
  • paradineparadine usa Join Date: 2015-09-18 Member: 208004Members
    If this was implemented I would recommend it start with a default setting of 15min and later be adjustable by 5min increments from 5 to 300 (5 hours).

In the event that the game crashes we won't lose as much and we can send in a copy of the save file, a screenshot of what we were doing at the time of the crash, and a brief description of what happened at the time of the crash. All of this can help to find bugs.
  • TheJewelOfJoolTheJewelOfJool Southwestern Ontario Join Date: 2016-01-11 Member: 211261Members
    This would be a godsend for me.
  • bwoodfieldbwoodfield Canada Join Date: 2016-03-08 Member: 214017Members
    I was playing for about 7 hours the other day, had almost all the schematics scanned, and the game locked and crashed. My save was just after the Aurora blew up. I would love to see autosave brought back in, even if it was an option that you could turn on and off for people who have lower powered systems.
  • mndfreezemndfreeze Grand Tempe Reef Join Date: 2016-02-26 Member: 213456Members
    Yes Yes Yes this game needs an autosave feature.