Atmospheric Territories Mod (Title name change due to confusion and dislikes)...

Comments

• rantologyrantology Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143750Members, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    schu wrote: »
    How about instead of having a forum post about this, can we set up a skype session with some developers who actually make decisions within the gameplay changes in this game and discuss this amongst high respected, intellectual, and flexible community members that play this game 100x more than the developers do. Not trying to be a dick here, just pointing out a way to get real time responses without delayed responses to these forum posts where you can take time to think and blanket/ignore the important questions that generally go unanswered.

I honestly believe the developers are looking out for the best interest in this game and are reading what is being said. I just believe the community would like to get first hand, real responses. No fluff. Everyone responding this to this post passionately loves this game, and will support this game even more if we can get a better communication line going. Shit, even a twitch broadcast with live Q&A would work.

I love this idea, sounds similar to what we did with compmod! and that turned out to be a very positive experience.
  • DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    @Deck_ I was perhaps rather unclear. I meant I did not have any noticable fps drop as the minimum with not low lights, for me, is well above the 80fps mark back then. And its higher now.
    I am not denying that folk can have performance issues with any lightning.
  • KasharicKasharic Hull, England Join Date: 2013-03-27 Member: 184473Members, Forum Admins, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, NS2 Community Developer
    edited March 2016
    @WasabiOne @rantology If the skype/TS (or whatever communication tool is used) community meetup is arranged to happen, please tag me in it, I would love to be present for the discussions and potentially take part depending on what is discussed. (Wasabione, you could always tweet at me :P )
  • LocklearLocklear [nexzil]kerrigan Join Date: 2012-05-01 Member: 151403Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, WC 2013 - Shadow
    You could show off your golf skills too.
  • KasharicKasharic Hull, England Join Date: 2013-03-27 Member: 184473Members, Forum Admins, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, NS2 Community Developer
    Locklear wrote: »
    You could show off your golf skills too.

I think we both know that; that is a bad idea... also, whoever let me drink that much was evil... pure evil...
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    MoFo1 wrote: »
    Hitreg also got waaay better (a lot less dying after rounding a corner bs)

This always gets me. Dying around corners is not a hitreg issue. It is an interp issue.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Nordic wrote: »

This always gets me. Dying around corners is not a hitreg issue. It is an interp issue.

It's also no an issue, but how netlag compensation works right? Ya can't make light and hubhops go any faster, well maybe the hops...
  • FoxyFoxy United Kingdom Join Date: 2014-08-19 Member: 198032Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow

A lot of the time it's forgetting that your player model doesn't end where your player camera does.
  • FrozenFrozen New York, NY Join Date: 2010-07-02 Member: 72228Members, Constellation
    edited March 2016
  • MajorTicoMajorTico New York Join Date: 2013-11-02 Member: 188942Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    How about instead of having a forum post about this, can we set up a skype session with some developers who actually make decisions within the gameplay changes in this game and discuss this amongst high respected, intellectual, and flexible community members that play this game 100x more than the developers do. Not trying to be a dick here, just pointing out a way to get real time responses without delayed responses to these forum posts where you can take time to think and blanket/ignore the important questions that generally go unanswered.

I honestly believe the developers are looking out for the best interest in this game and are reading what is being said. I just believe the community would like to get first hand, real responses. No fluff. Everyone responding this to this post passionately loves this game, and will support this game even more if we can get a better communication line going. Shit, even a twitch broadcast with live Q&A would work.

UWE has a discord already setup. And they have been doing RC testing much much much more frequently, WHICH MEANS ANYONE can join the test session. If people want to give/acquire feedback about the games upcoming features go there. The problem is A LOT of the people posting here HAVE NEVER been to a RC session...

And this doesnt just apply to RC sessions, just go to the discord there is almost always a member of the PDT there that will happily give and receive feedback.

I myself love the new atmospheric changes, i think theyre really cool. BUT i do not think they hold a place in the competitive scene the atmo lights to me fit into the same category as the giant holograms that are on some maps. For example the giant hologram in system waypointing on veil.
  • AeglosAeglos Join Date: 2010-04-06 Member: 71189Members
    Obraxis wrote: »
    This was a simple mistake made by a forum admin and was rectified quickly.

Simple mistake it is then, but this isn't the first time it has happened, and is at least the second time it was rectified only after it was called out. I would have hoped that the forum admins have learnt the lesson by now, or is it a newly appointed admin every time?

You guys misunderstand him. Hitreg got better so he didn't benefit from bad hitreg, died a lot quicker and didn't get to make it to the corner to be confused by lag compensation.
  • xDragonxDragon Join Date: 2012-04-04 Member: 149948Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    Oh yes a discord.. how nice.. you can ask questions.. and get ignored...
  • WyzcrakWyzcrak Pot Pie Aficionado Join Date: 2002-12-04 Member: 10447Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    I haven't been ignored in Discord. It's been a great addition.
  • MOMOhandsetMOMOhandset uniteds tates Join Date: 2016-02-29 Member: 213668Members
    edited March 2016
    goodness, i hope these new changes bring a brighter day to ns2
  • 2cough2cough Rocky Mountain High Join Date: 2013-03-14 Member: 183952Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    HUGHWE (see what i did there) will not learn their lesson on this if history tells us anything. Goodbye beloved modders, hello garbage.
  • MOMOhandsetMOMOhandset uniteds tates Join Date: 2016-02-29 Member: 213668Members
    Hello Everyone I would liek to Ask THE DEVELOPERS to answer the FOLLOWING QUESTIONS: THanks

Will there be a way to disable forced extensions if they are no longer relevant?

Why are countless bug fixes being completely ignored and gamebreaking bugs being left untouched (Relevancy changes)??

why are there ridiculous expectation that mods will fix anything that players don't like (lighting changes, powernode priming).
  • CCTEECCTEE Join Date: 2013-06-20 Member: 185634Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    high respected, intellectual, and flexible community members

lal
  • AeglosAeglos Join Date: 2010-04-06 Member: 71189Members
    Dragon fixed view on spawn on January 1st and several patches ago. Its still not in vanilla despite there not seeming to be any issues with people running his mod. That's the most obvious bug for me, no idea if any of the other bugs he fixed made it in, but this is just an example.
  • WasabiOneWasabiOne Co-Lead NS2 CDT Join Date: 2011-06-15 Member: 104623Members, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    Aeglos wrote: »
    Dragon fixed view on spawn on January 1st and several patches ago. Its still not in vanilla despite there not seeming to be any issues with people running his mod. That's the most obvious bug for me, no idea if any of the other bugs he fixed made it in, but this is just an example.

so fixes of his have been put into the game through recent patches with his permission. This particular one was not put in cause I think dragon had said it was a hacky fix and we wanted to find a better solution but have just not had a chance to prioritize it.
  • VindalooVindaloo Join Date: 2012-12-04 Member: 174127Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
  • 2cough2cough Rocky Mountain High Join Date: 2013-03-14 Member: 183952Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
  • ArchieArchie Antarctica Join Date: 2006-09-19 Member: 58028Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter
    edited March 2016
    xDragon wrote: »
    This will be my last comment:
    Clearly I have been asking the wrong questions then.

You have no idea how many more things I want to say, but honestly, you guys just are not worth it anymore. I have been cheated, lied to and scammed by UWE... I don't think I will put up with that any longer.

You think it's weird how Flayra/Charlie, Max and anyone else hasn't been on here for year? i told you guys when the new team was formed (just as confirmation bias on my part)and you called me hasty. Unless you get some sort of direct communication between the main original developers of NS2 then we're not going to see any sort of progress, that means no PT's, No current UWE team, No PR, etc.

Sorry dragon ;'( i know how you feel man, you don't know how much you mean to everyone. I always find it funny how you try and contact UWE and get people you don't want to talk/communicate with, as stated above.
  • TyrwingTyrwing Sweden Join Date: 2015-11-23 Member: 209435Members
    Vindaloo wrote: »

Rest in peace dragon, may your soul have rest now.

Time to find a new game, since UWE just killed NS2 competitive, some of their longest standing loyal customers. People dating back from ns1 continously getting shit on.
  • YaluzanYaluzan Join Date: 2013-07-30 Member: 186474Members, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester
    NSL Season 9 has been delayed for at least a week due to the lack of NSLmod and Compmod. Playing Season 9 with vanilla would put up an unfair environment to play in. We would also be missing important features from NSLmod, including pause and several other features we need.