Incressing the tool "belt" from 5 to 12 slots.

Chris01Chris01 95050 Join Date: 2015-11-19 Member: 209347Members
We now have a range of 12 different tools that we need to carry. Would be nice if we have enough slots to carry them.

Comments

• Kyman201Kyman201 Washington State Join Date: 2016-01-23 Member: 211880Members
    Or at the very least, 10. Then I wouldn't have to juggle open my inventory to pull out a fish really quickly to keep the Stalker from taking my face off.
  • Phoenix223Phoenix223 Chicago Join Date: 2016-02-18 Member: 213174Members
    Kyman201 wrote: »
    Or at the very least, 10. Then I wouldn't have to juggle open my inventory to pull out a fish really quickly to keep the Stalker from taking my face off.

"1" for the first slot; "0" for slot 10.... Makes sense
  • Dracon1023Dracon1023 Join Date: 2016-02-07 Member: 212724Members
    I have seen screenshots of the game earlier on in its development and I think it used to have more slots than 5. It seems the devs decided to lower it for some reason.
  • RequiemfangRequiemfang Join Date: 2015-02-22 Member: 201492Members
    it was a design decision on their part in order to get you to think and use what tools you think you needed. There has to be some challenge to the game, if there were 10 hotbar slots for my tools there wouldn't be a challenge since I could just switch to that tool right away. I prefer the current set of 5 since it makes me choose which tools I can have at hand and makes me plan out things ahead of time depending on what I'm doing.
    Now that I think about it, there's a builder, scanner, welder, laser cutter, two glides, three knives, three guns, and a litany of deployables, food stuffs (which you can eat from the inventory), and disposables. And some of these (Underwater Locker, for instance) dominate your inventory, taking up as much as 16 sq units of space.

If you had a 10-slot hotbar filled with tools (Seaglide, Rifle, Propulsion Cannon, et al), your inventory would start out half-full before you even went scavenging for resources. Also, it's hard to keep track of that many items at once (if my experience in Minecraft is any indication).
  • okapiroseokapirose Join Date: 2016-01-14 Member: 211395Members
    A belt for all one's gizmos would be great, I'd be happy with 5 slots to correspond with the quick bar.

Also the tanks should NOT be in inventory, they should part of the suit, its weird that they're not.
  • RainstormRainstorm Montreal (Quebec) Join Date: 2015-12-15 Member: 210003Members
    okapirose wrote: »
    Also the tanks should NOT be in inventory, they should part of the suit, its weird that they're not.

imo there should be 1 tank thats part of the suit. any extras going to the inventory
    edited February 2016

It makes sense that tanks are stored in the inventory since the tanks' effects are stackable; more tanks equals more oxygen and occupying inventory space is a fair trade-off. By your reckoning, I figure you'd only have one slot for a single High capacity O^2 tank in your equipment at best.
  • DumaDuma Oklahoma Join Date: 2016-02-02 Member: 212475Members
    edited March 2016
    Rainstorm wrote: »

imo there should be 1 tank thats part of the suit. any extras going to the inventory

I can go with that. Only real issue is that there is no "dedicated" suit. We currently have 3 specialized suits. Plus the standard issue whatever it is suit that is/was present on the Aurora. Realistically there should be a "standard" issue that comes with the pod. Given that Aurora is journeying to what is essentially a water world Imo this is a given. Along with basic tools. Knife. Builder. Sufficient rations/water. First aid. Scanner. So yes 1 tank that is part of any of the 3 crafted suits, or the standard issue "space" suit. The rest being inventory, or even appended to current suits via "modification" of said.