Complaints of a Community member

AbsurdonAbsurdon Germany Join Date: 2015-02-09 Member: 201274Members
As some of you might know lots of you might actualy not know about the upcoming Newcomer Tournament hosted by ensl.org (I'll make an extra post on that later). The reason why you don't know that is for one the rare advertising made by ensl.org but jeah that's not easy when you get mostly ignored by UWE so you have to rely on server admins and other community members to advertise this on public servers, which is the second reason: UWE ignored our request to announce that a bit.
The thing is you, and I mean UWE here, want to revive that game by making fixes and changes and stuff which is fine. The thing I can't understand though is: Why would you not support the community trying to help you with that?
We did ask you to make an announcement for that event which costs you nothing at all cause it's hosted by the NSL and the servers used for it are all community founded so basicaly this event as many others hosted by the community won't cost u a single dollar but will be FREE advertising. People who thought this game is dead or are like: I'm bored of this game on public servers cuase teams are stacked or whatever reason might see that and come back to play as they see a) this is not a dead game at all, there are tounaments and other events and b) oh there is more in this game than the boring allday pubstomp i might have a look into that.
We, the community, are doin these events cause we love this game and want it to live. the only thing we ask for is a bit of support on your site. Having a post on your social media sayin something like: hey look at this event goin on there or an entry on the main menu news which should cost u like ZERO effort as you would even get fully written and, thanks to the people involved in ns2news.org, high quality articles.
bit instead we get shit on by you ignoring our requests. shame on you.
community spotlight is nice but make them more frequently even on small stuff. We provide you with the needed information on these events. just can't say it often enough these events are hosted by the community so it's FOR FREE on your site.
Please. it can't be that much effort for you that it would not be worth it

confused and disappointed community member
Absurdon

Comments

• YojimboYojimbo England Join Date: 2009-03-19 Member: 66806Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited February 2016
    Absurdon wrote: »
    As some of you might know lots of you might actualy not know about the upcoming Newcomer Tournament hosted by ensl.org (I'll make an extra post on that later). The reason why you don't know that is for one the rare advertising made by ensl.org but jeah that's not easy when you get mostly ignored by UWE so you have to rely on server admins and other community members to advertise this on public servers, which is the second reason: UWE ignored our request to announce that a bit.
    The thing is you, and I mean UWE here, want to revive that game by making fixes and changes and stuff which is fine. The thing I can't understand though is: Why would you not support the community trying to help you with that?
    We did ask you to make an announcement for that event which costs you nothing at all cause it's hosted by the NSL and the servers used for it are all community founded so basicaly this event as many others hosted by the community won't cost u a single dollar but will be FREE advertising. People who thought this game is dead or are like: I'm bored of this game on public servers cuase teams are stacked or whatever reason might see that and come back to play as they see a) this is not a dead game at all, there are tounaments and other events and b) oh there is more in this game than the boring allday pubstomp i might have a look into that.
    We, the community, are doin these events cause we love this game and want it to live. the only thing we ask for is a bit of support on your site. Having a post on your social media sayin something like: hey look at this event goin on there or an entry on the main menu news which should cost u like ZERO effort as you would even get fully written and, thanks to the people involved in ns2news.org, high quality articles.
    community spotlight is nice but make them more frequently even on small stuff. We provide you with the needed information on these events. just can't say it often enough these events are hosted by the community so it's FOR FREE on your site.

Absurdon

Hey bud, I do agree with you to a certain extent, there was for a long periods of time no news on the front page aside from the occasional post by a CDT member, since that time @Pelargir, @tudy and myself decided to form ns2news.org to fill in the gaps which has been working well so far, now that UWE has decided to form PDT again we have been getting more updates as of late but not much as we would like but you know what, that's fine with me as I'd like to entertain the idea that they are busy making the game the best it can be so don't see it in a negative light but a positive one, the devil makes work of idle hands!

Feel free to regularly check ns2news for the mean time for anything ns2 or nsl related.

Happy fraggin!
  • AbsurdonAbsurdon Germany Join Date: 2015-02-09 Member: 201274Members
    i constantly check it and i'm in contact with tudy aswell. thing is I know as both of them told me that Tyrwing and Infamous who are in charge of this event got both basicaly ignored by wasabione and Hugh
  • FrozenFrozen New York, NY Join Date: 2010-07-02 Member: 72228Members, Constellation
    It's not like UWE has servers, they rely on the community now. And they're still assholes about it like that.
  • Cr4zyb4st4rdCr4zyb4st4rd United Kingdom Join Date: 2012-08-09 Member: 155200Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    Frozen wrote: »
    It's not like UWE has servers...

Which is a good thing because they were the worst of the lot x)
  • UncleCrunchUncleCrunch Mayonnaise land Join Date: 2005-02-16 Member: 41365Members, Reinforced - Onos
    (...)
    Absurdon

Welcome...

(I'm a bit sarcastic there... as usual)
  • WyzcrakWyzcrak Pot Pie Aficionado Join Date: 2002-12-04 Member: 10447Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Arguably off-topic, but FWIW (10 days ago): http://www.tacticalgamer.com/threads/201959-ENSL-Newcomer-Tournament-Interest?p=1878652&viewfull=1#post1878652

Been announcing it on the server and during our weekly Captains Night event, too. I hope it's a big success.
  • simbasimba Join Date: 2012-05-06 Member: 151628Members
    edited February 2016
    Yojimbo wrote: »

Absurdon

Hey bud, I do agree with you to a certain extent, there was for a long periods of time no news on the front page aside from the occasional post by a CDT member, since that time @Pelargir, @tudy and myself decided to form ns2news.org to fill in the gaps which has been working well so far, now that UWE has decided to form PDT again we have been getting more updates as of late but not much as we would like but you know what, that's fine with me as I'd like to entertain the idea that they are busy making the game the best it can be so don't see it in a negative light but a positive one, the devil makes work of idle hands!

Feel free to regularly check ns2news for the mean time for anything ns2 or nsl related.

Happy fraggin!

While I commend you on your proactive approach to filling the gap UWE is leaving, and I love ns2news for it's well crafted and well thought out content, this cannot be an acceptable excuse for UWE to completely ignore large, coordinated attempts by the community to craft events. The fact is THIS is the official website and forums for ns2. The VAST majority of ns2 players are going to look here first for news and events pertaining to ns2.

This is where I would expect to see an announcement.

This is not the first time a well thought out and crafted event idea was proposed to UWE that just gets completely ignored. Hire a god damned (unpaid) intern to at least craft a generic "no" response!
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    This was already re-tweeted by the @NS2 twitter account. We'll continue to help promote events which will help the NS2 community.
  • rudyeckertrudyeckert Join Date: 2012-11-27 Member: 173444Members
    I know how you feel. I wanted to host a live Ns2 tourney in America following the one that was held in Germany. I own a large full function hotel and was willing to do it at barely above cost just to get into the gaming market. Attempted to contact Hugh multiple times with no reply.
    *Full service function hotel
  • YojimboYojimbo England Join Date: 2009-03-19 Member: 66806Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    rudyeckert wrote: »
    *Full service function hotel

May I enquire to ask which hotel you own? :smiley:
    olympiaresort.com

Oh wow, what a lovely hotel you have, do you offer any kind of turkish hamam spa treatments?
  • FrozenFrozen New York, NY Join Date: 2010-07-02 Member: 72228Members, Constellation
    Obraxis wrote: »
    This was already re-tweeted by the @NS2 twitter account. We'll continue to help promote events which will help the NS2 community.

@Obraxis The only way to reach any available players is to put it in the main-menu in a quick patch. E-mail newsletters seemed to work really well to a few months ago when the first patch rolled around with hit-reg fixes. You'd would probably get alot of new players to the tournament with an e-mail, players who stopped because they were gettingstomped or yada yada might be really interested to play with a set team for a tournament and some practices beforehand
  • CCTEECCTEE Join Date: 2013-06-20 Member: 185634Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    i (hopefully, the sign-up proces is WEIRD AS F**K) signed up for the newcomer tourny.
    Thank you, that is very kind YoJimbo. Unfortunately I am not entirely familiar with all of the different services we offer in the spa. We do have a base menu but add treatments as new technitians are employed with special licenses. I'm sadly not even aware at what a Turkish Humam spa treatment is. I will google it later :( is it popular?
  • AbsurdonAbsurdon Germany Join Date: 2015-02-09 Member: 201274Members
    @Obraxis jeah that 'This was already re-tweeted by the @NS2 twitter account.' is more like a joke, isn't it? I mean it's not even realy showing up in game cause this tiny little bar on the bottom of the screen is realy just a joke. Just make a post on your website or whatever you need to do to get this on the right side of the main menu in big so people actually aknowledge it.

@Wyzcrak I know about your advertisement for this and am realy thankfull about it but still I expect a little more than 'This was already re-tweeted' from UWE just somethin like little community spotlight or somethin like that what is actually seen by people and not in some forum burried between a lot other posts or twitter only. They have the communication channels so they should use them, especially on such a sweet little event and I can tell you if there would not have been such an event I personaly would not even play anymore.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    edited February 2016
    User asks for an announcement > UWE already announced it > User is told by actual NSL staff to leave it be, that they are already working on it with UWE > User says the announcement UWE did wasn't enough.

I suggest you take @Yaluzan 's advice. UWE has promoted newcomer tournaments before, NSL staff is on it, there's no need for a 'sky is falling' reaction.

Thank you, that is very kind YoJimbo. Unfortunately I am not entirely familiar with all of the different services we offer in the spa. We do have a base menu but add treatments as new technitians are employed with special licenses. I'm sadly not even aware at what a Turkish Humam spa treatment is. I will google it later :( is it popular?

You're welcome, yes in Europe they are very popular, haha have a look on YouTube you'll see what I mean, might not be feasible for you though :)
  • YaluzanYaluzan Join Date: 2013-07-30 Member: 186474Members, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester
    Announcement is live btw:)