what do you want to sea at extremely deep waters (see what i do there with sea and see;D)

j1r2000j1r2000 canada Join Date: 2015-09-08 Member: 207813Members
edited October 2015 in Ideas and Suggestions

Comments

• Chris1217Chris1217 Meyrin (Geneva) Join Date: 2015-10-14 Member: 208476Members
    just a biomes (with jellyfish) ther is enough big creatur in this game.
  • MyrmMyrm Sweden Join Date: 2015-08-16 Member: 207210Members
    I voted for just biomes, though I would like to see the sort of fish we see in the vary deep seas here on earth; small, blind, giving off bio-lumescent light.

I don't think you'll see massive creatures in these depths as the deeper you go the more scarce life seems to be, and life that is way down in those depths tends to be small, therefore there will never be a plentiful enough food source down there to sustain such huge creatures.
  • LordDerpLordDerp Netherlands Join Date: 2015-09-10 Member: 207871Members
    something better than one, in which I mean something like having a 'end biome' at the bottom, with giant creatures living there, (like I believe is going to be the case with the lost river and the Dragon/Emperor)
  • aeroripperaeroripper Join Date: 2005-02-25 Member: 42471NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation
    There should be an end game biome that you have to drill into the ocean bottom to get to. Complete darkness with lots of nasty fish. Somewhere in that biome should lead to the alien city and "endgame" goals.
  • Chris1217Chris1217 Meyrin (Geneva) Join Date: 2015-10-14 Member: 208476Members
    aeroripper wrote: »
    There should be an end game biome that you have to drill into the ocean bottom to get to. Complete darkness with lots of nasty fish. Somewhere in that biome should lead to the alien city and "endgame" goals.

Ok but a ruined alien city so you realise the planet wasn't underwater at the origin
  • The_SharkThe_Shark USA Join Date: 2015-08-24 Member: 207433Members
    Is it just me, or does option 1 sound amazingly like the idea I proposed for a Primal Leviathan creature?
  • HalindrixHalindrix USA Join Date: 2015-10-22 Member: 208675Members
    I actually want to see enviromental dangers, such as heat vents and the such. Things that would really make you swim with caution and watch your position. Things like vortexes that will toss you around and 1000 degree jets that will do you massive harm if you get in their way when they go off.
    Halindrix wrote: »
    I actually want to see enviromental dangers, such as heat vents and the such. Things that would really make you swim with caution and watch your position. Things like vortexes that will toss you around and 1000 degree jets that will do you massive harm if you get in their way when they go off.

You mean, like an everyday hydrothermal vent?
    hydrothermalvent.jpg
  • HalindrixHalindrix USA Join Date: 2015-10-22 Member: 208675Members
    The_Shark wrote: »

You mean, like an everyday hydrothermal vent?
    hydrothermalvent.jpg

right, most planets with an ocean would have hydrothermal vents and they are dangerous to get close to without say, a vehicle.
    But then again we shouldnt be abl to swim around at that depth without some majorly heavy stuff anyway.
    right, most planets with an ocean would have hydrothermal vents and they are dangerous to get close to without say, a vehicle.
    But then again we shouldnt be abl to swim around at that depth without some majorly heavy stuff anyway.

How about this vehicle?
    ratte_800.jpg
    I mean, this thing is actually rather small compared to an idea I'm working on for a Seafloor Crawler Snail. When you have a two-and-a-half-thousand-ton tank, not much can push you around.
    Something like that, who cares if there's a super-strong ocean current?
    You ever try pushing over a car with a hose?
  • paradineparadine usa Join Date: 2015-09-18 Member: 208004Members
    I want that for my everyday driver.
  • Enderguy059Enderguy059 Australia Join Date: 2015-10-15 Member: 208486Members
  • j1r2000j1r2000 canada Join Date: 2015-09-08 Member: 207813Members
    The Core...

nice but what core
  • tettignotettigno Hungary Join Date: 2015-10-25 Member: 208733Members
    The Planetary core???? :D
    I'd like to see an intelligent alien life form with some story elements, like they are threatened by the sea monster XYZ(imagine some nice name here, like the legendary Shai-Hulud), so we could make a deal with them to help them out in the killing procedure. (that would need some real battle-submarine with insane material/research requests of course, involving transfusing DNA from some nice hostile aliens, like the reaper leviathan) The aliens could even die (killed by one of those really big deep things (the mate of the one we agreed to kill for example) [providing us some nice anger/thirst for revenge]) so we could take their abandoned bases, and research there on some kind of relay/self-sustain,...or anything, that could bring us closer to whatever goal there is to be in this game. Find the mate-monster, find out that it is a she-monster, with a nice lair, and eggs, and all that stuff, waiting to be transfused :P She'd put up a really nice motherly defensive/agressive fight,....but we could not allow those nice "little" (about the size of a base-room) hatchlings to come out could we???
    That DNA sample could be a must have for....YOU NAME IT !!!
  • Enderguy059Enderguy059 Australia Join Date: 2015-10-15 Member: 208486Members
    tettigno wrote: »

Correct. Something like Naboo's core, with a precious yet unstable resource.
  • ElavionElavion Poland Join Date: 2015-09-09 Member: 207844Members
    I'd like a huge monster that just approaches you (your PDA warns you of some sort of massive life form approaching) and if you don't go up just kills you (whether you are in a cyclops, seamoth, or just suit). Think Gothic II.
    I am glad to see that there are exactly zero votes for "nothing."

Because that's about as boring as it gets.
  • terraformer004terraformer004 north america, central standard time Join Date: 2016-01-03 Member: 210832Members
  • TaiphozTaiphoz UK Join Date: 2016-01-01 Member: 210749Members
    I think the deeper we go the darker it should get to the point where you cant see a thing without your own light source, and as a result all the fauna uses bio luminescence as per the image above.

I also think there should be some monsters down there that eat cyclops's as per the dev's little progression sketch we should need a bigger sub for the much deeper locations.
    tettigno wrote: »
    I'd like to see an intelligent alien life form with some story elements, like they are threatened by the sea monster XYZ(imagine some nice name here, like the legendary Shai-Hulud), so we could make a deal with them to help them out in the killing procedure. (that would need some real battle-submarine with insane material/research requests of course, involving transfusing DNA from some nice hostile aliens, like the reaper leviathan) The aliens could even die (killed by one of those really big deep things (the mate of the one we agreed to kill for example) [providing us some nice anger/thirst for revenge]) so we could take their abandoned bases, and research there on some kind of relay/self-sustain,...or anything, that could bring us closer to whatever goal there is to be in this game. Find the mate-monster, find out that it is a she-monster, with a nice lair, and eggs, and all that stuff, waiting to be transfused :P She'd put up a really nice motherly defensive/agressive fight,....but we could not allow those nice "little" (about the size of a base-room) hatchlings to come out could we???
    That DNA sample could be a must have for....YOU NAME IT !!!

no space core not the planetary core
  • 04Leonhardt04Leonhardt I came here to laugh at you Join Date: 2015-08-01 Member: 206618Members
    should lead to the alien city
    I always lol when people think this game is going to be Atlantis with Aliens.

• TMPlarTMPlar Poland Join Date: 2016-01-04 Member: 210884Members
    Well. Aurora was hit by mysterious energy wave. I would like to know what was that. Long abandoned alien city would be my favourite. or maybe not completely abandoned?
  • DavidHudsonDavidHudson Azores Join Date: 2015-11-05 Member: 208976Members
    should lead to the alien city
    I always lol when people think this game is going to be Atlantis with Aliens.

An energy burst was sent out of the planet, you have props that indicate that there were made by some sentient species, why wouldn't there be a derelict ship or ancient ruin functioning on the planet?It's a space game, with alien lifeforms on it's ocean,is it that far fetched to think there was a sentient species that left some stuff active? I personally think it's a great idea. The Abyss pops up into mind whenever i think about it, and just the fact that they say right in the beginning that the Aurora was hit, it is already a great indication that there is something on the planet. They are the Devs of Natural Selection,this happens on a universe where mankind fights aliens, you have the logos and the posters, so, why not? I say, bring me that Atlantis, I always wanted one.
  • tarektarek lebanon Join Date: 2015-04-10 Member: 203241Members
    massive creatures that are so big they just ignore us
  • PeterManizePeterManize Pandolite Join Date: 2015-12-28 Member: 210458Members
    Lel the ammount of people that want a 3 headed eel x)
  • 1hkeM1hkeM Join Date: 2016-01-04 Member: 210908Members
    The Kraken should be at the very bottom and should Instakill you so you know you can't go any farther.
    1hkeM wrote: »
    The Kraken should be at the very bottom and should Instakill you so you know you can't go any farther.

this is subnautica!
  • zetachronzetachron Germany Join Date: 2014-11-14 Member: 199655Members
    tarek wrote: »
    massive creatures that are so big they just ignore us

Like the giant turtle of discworld?

"Oh God, I spent my whole time on Subnautica on the back of a giant reefback searching for the planetery core."

Nevertheless the roadmap shows us we'll see those creatures in Subnautica 2. Cyclops and Sea Dragons is probably end of the line in size for this game.
  • zetachronzetachron Germany Join Date: 2014-11-14 Member: 199655Members
    I thought of more dangerous beasts in the deep:

- mimics that devour you when you examine that strange rock or plant
    - hull eating parasites that attach to the cyclops hull
    - sea dragons getting attracted to sub sonar - the more you ping the more will come
  • 07Kennya07Kennya England Join Date: 2016-01-12 Member: 211293Members
    nothing bigger than existing stuff but variety is the spice of life