idea a extraterrestrial intelligence on the planet

BlackgondorBlackgondor Germany Join Date: 2015-11-08 Member: 209090Members
Hey sorry for bad english^^

my idea is a extraterrestrial intelligence on the planet.

- Friendly or evil
- they live in Buildings in the deep ocean
- Trade ?, Speak with him ?

Comments

• ed155ed155 tr Join Date: 2015-11-11 Member: 209171Members
    can be good
    cautious, lives hut like buildings ,they can catch fish and trade for fish( 3 fish for 1 quartz maybe local material or different items) maybe little quest system for entering village giving like few fish or knife like item to doorman
    any stealing or harming turn towards to agression or expel from village , shamanic religion and psychical powers maybe telephatic speaking
  • LordDerpLordDerp Netherlands Join Date: 2015-09-10 Member: 207871Members
    edited November 2015
    Don't mean to be rude, but this isn't minecraft. Although I do agree with the intelligence part, I don't think they should cluster together in villages, and instead more like a (giant) single creature with high intelligence (like I hope is gonna be the case with the Sea Emperor and/or Warpers).
  • Natan378Natan378 Italy Join Date: 2015-11-02 Member: 208908Members
    I absolutely agreed with LordDerp,intelligence creatures maybe warper/sea emperor i believe, but not a lot of creatures which live in village... this isn't minecraft,is subnautica
  • BugzapperBugzapper Australia Join Date: 2015-03-06 Member: 201744Members
    edited November 2015
    It's safe to assume that there are one or more intelligent species on this planet.

However, it might not be a good idea to actively seek contact with them. The 'Aurora' was shot down by someone/something for unknown reasons.
    What if the only reason was to prevent any humans setting foot on the planet?

If this is the case, the Survivor's presence would not be welcome, and any attempts at peaceful contact would be totally pointless. Apart from obvious language barriers, it may not even be possible for humans to communicate with the sentient life forms on this planet. We would be seen as another prey species, and immediately attacked as such. Even though the sentients are able to use tools and construct complex mechanisms such as energy weapons, they may be operating on an entirely different (and utterly alien) system of thought processes.

No concepts of morality or any 'higher' social values other than those directly linked to the continued survival of the organism. Acting purely on survival instincts, but still able to craft sophisticated items and/or wield devastating psionic powers.

Any organism with these capabilities would be a terrifying opponent. Think of the Zerg from 'Starcraft'.

Then simply add water.
  • Natan378Natan378 Italy Join Date: 2015-11-02 Member: 208908Members
    In effect there is a picture of the devs that show an alien idea in very very deep cave...but i hope there aren't in the future,becouse i think this will damage the game's atmosphere,maybe can will be a single sentients creatures(like the warper)but i hope not a village or community of them.

the devs pictureshttps://trello-attachments.s3.amazonaws.com/54d16a9432d57b0c8a52c424/1224x1632/51b85768adfa2fec15cecd7a60049a57/progression.jpg
  • LordDerpLordDerp Netherlands Join Date: 2015-09-10 Member: 207871Members
  • ed155ed155 tr Join Date: 2015-11-11 Member: 209171Members
    maybe they are associated with story , im curious about that what they look like , maybe mur'guls in warcraft3
    Mur'gul pictures old can be deceiving.
  • TigatronTigatron Latvia Join Date: 2015-11-17 Member: 209319Members
    For the record, there is an enormous cave, right under the Auroras front that goes more than 2000 m in depth, but I forgot to measure the length, it was very long, with lava textures. Judging by the size of it, you could fit a whole civilization in there.
  • fireboy633fireboy633 america Join Date: 2015-11-15 Member: 209279Members
    LordDerp wrote: »
    Don't mean to be rude, but this isn't minecraft. Although I do agree with the intelligence part, I don't think they should cluster together in villages, and instead more like a (giant) single creature with high intelligence (like I hope is gonna be the case with the Sea Emperor and/or Warpers).

yup i dont know why everyone thinks se emp is related to warpers u agre tho
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    LordDerp wrote: »

@LordDerp

See if you think it is legit... (This is the 2nd time I've built this post today :P )
    Tweet
    subnauticatweet_zpsgeybepns.png

A closer look
    subnauticadesign_zpscbx1b7ji.jpg

original tweet itself..

• Enderguy059Enderguy059 Australia Join Date: 2015-10-15 Member: 208486Members
    Tigatron wrote: »
    For the record, there is an enormous cave, right under the Auroras front that goes more than 2000 m in depth, but I forgot to measure the length, it was very long, with lava textures. Judging by the size of it, you could fit a whole civilization in there.

I believe you've found the Inactive Lava Zone.
  • wshngmchnwshngmchn CA Join Date: 2015-11-24 Member: 209450Members
    I think something to do with intelligent life is a forgone conclusion, but how it's executed is really up in the air. I'd like to see evidence of a greater force observing but never revealing itself. Intelligent alien life, like the open ocean, is frightening because it's a mystery. I would like some mystery to remain when all is said and done.

Just my thoughts.
  • 1w22221w2222 1w2222 Join Date: 2015-12-01 Member: 209664Members
    Maby the warpers can move or warp to a different biome every day. We could only communicate with them using a device that you can find in the auroras engine room then you can trade with them
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    The pic is legit. We've move on with ideas a lot since then, but it's relatively accurate in a lot of ways :blush:
  • zetachronzetachron Germany Join Date: 2014-11-14 Member: 199655Members
    Obraxis wrote: »
    The pic is legit. We've move on with ideas a lot since then, but it's relatively accurate in a lot of ways :blush:

What does it tell us?

- we get a 3rd big sub (although the cyclops still needs a massive update)?

and

- dark matter can be found at the lava castle at about 1200m depth?
    - the aliens range from 1000m-3000m only reachable through warpgates?

or

- you have a deeper cave system beyond the inactive lava zone (deeper than 2000m) only reachable by alien tech?
  • gwacagwaca Join Date: 2014-09-26 Member: 198731Members
    What about an intelligent collective made out of bacterias that copies your actions and those from other lifeforms, for instance: they see a Gasopod generate gas (or watever that is) to defend itself, they'll start doing it as well, they see you speeding around with an sea glide, they'll start forming propellars to get around quicker.

I think trading is not that good of an idea because ,for instance, an American travels to an isolated tribe in the midle of Africa that has never seen a white person before. Two (for instance) possible outcomes: 1: The tribe makes the man an offer to trade 3 wooden sticks for 1 banana, not even knowing why the man came to the tribe or number 2: The tribe kills the man out of fear because they've never seen a white human and think it's a demon.

Also, in my opinion, "intelligence" is just the ability to copy other things and use them to increase chance chance for survival.
  • SPIRIN1224SPIRIN1224 Moon Join Date: 2015-04-15 Member: 203469Members
    Like the matrix, have come to an agreement to allow colonization, since (spoiler) the Intelligeance was the one who sunk the Aurora (the mysterious energy pulse) :)

Devs, andyone Ideas :)