Do you think Multiplayer should be in this game soon?

gobsmasher187gobsmasher187 Australia Join Date: 2015-11-01 Member: 208884Members
edited November 2015 in Ideas and Suggestions
If multiplayer (Local, Friends or Online) was on this game, It would be amazing! exploring the vast deep is one thing, exploring it with friends or other people is a whole lot different!

I would say yes, but I would like other people's opinions too, choose one of the options.

Comments

• gobsmasher187gobsmasher187 Australia Join Date: 2015-11-01 Member: 208884Members
    Multiplayer is unlikely, but If UnknownWorlds sees this post, they might think about it, but that would be unlikely too
  • gobsmasher187gobsmasher187 Australia Join Date: 2015-11-01 Member: 208884Members
    Gamemode ideas? list them below! :)
  • SoichSoich USA Join Date: 2015-08-01 Member: 206623Members
    Maybe you could, like, do it Minecraft style with the whole either make your own server, LAN, or join one.
  • Chris1217Chris1217 Meyrin (Geneva) Join Date: 2015-10-14 Member: 208476Members
    A coop 2-4 local or online ok. But mmo is not for that kind of survival game. mmo is fun on "zombies post-apo." (ex: L4D) but subnautica is also an exploration and building game more than 4 and the game risk to lose some interest.
  • The_SharkThe_Shark USA Join Date: 2015-08-24 Member: 207433Members
    RustyRange wrote: »
    This is the whole reason why people want Warship Subs and Base defenses and other stuff. It would make the whole game a lot more interesting with Multiplayer.

Precisely, dear chap.
  • Chris1217Chris1217 Meyrin (Geneva) Join Date: 2015-10-14 Member: 208476Members
    edited November 2015
    The_Shark wrote: »
    This is the whole reason why people want Warship Subs and Base defenses and other stuff. It would make the whole game a lot more interesting with Multiplayer.

Precisely, dear chap.

And you loosing all the originality and he became just an other survival/PVP/sandbox game among hundreds.......
  • Enderguy059Enderguy059 Australia Join Date: 2015-10-15 Member: 208486Members
    It would make character customization MEANINGFUL!!!
  • SuperElementSuperElement Join Date: 2013-07-09 Member: 186008Members
    Strongly disagree, if it ever comes I'd want it only after all features of the base game have been ironed out and the multi-player can be made to fit the game, rather than have good features scrapped just because they'd translate badly in to multi-player.
  • LinfomaLinfoma Portugal Join Date: 2015-09-07 Member: 207791Members
    you ppl are funny, in other pots i saw the devs say it would take many months of work only dedicated to multiplayer for it to get done... at this time you don't even have 2 weeks worth of game play and u still want them to go work in multiplayer...plz stop whit the multiplayer talk let the game get at least to 60 or 70% of completion them maby come ask for multiplayer...

to say the truth i don't even know if this game has what it takes to have multiplayer, until this point i don't see a reason for it... for example recently i took a look at ARk survival/crafting/sandbox...same as SN... there u have to tame dinosaurs and to be able to tame the big ones like a T-REX you rely have to have co-op u cant tame them alone, i don't see any thing like that in SN that can only be done whit help so until then let devs work in the updates( that are LATE :( ).

• TIEbomber1967TIEbomber1967 California Join Date: 2015-09-23 Member: 208109Members
    I'm split on the subject of multiplayer. On one hand I think it might be cool to play a 2-3 player co-op mode, it might be a lot of fun. Seamoth races come to mind.
    On the other hand it could be a real pain in the a$$. What if it's not co-op, what happens if it's more like Grand Theft Auto? What happens if you come out of your base after grabbing a quick fish stick to find your Seamoth gone? Or your Cyclops? What if you're coming back from exploring to find your entire base gone, 'cuz your "buddy" (who also has a builder) had deconstructed it to build his own base? Do you limit deconstruction only to things you've built? Will that limit co-op construction? What about base access? Can anyone come into your base and rummage through your containers, taking anything they want? Do you have a number-pad at the hatch, so only people with the password can come in? There are numbers of things to work out in terms of play. After the single player game is done, completely done, then the devs can think about multiplayer.
  • FearlessWolfFearlessWolf United States Join Date: 2015-08-29 Member: 207573Members
    It would make character customization MEANINGFUL!!!

I don't know about this, but maybe different character presets you could chose from. It would give UWE a reason to give your character a head, at least.
    Chris1217 wrote: »
    And you loosing all the originality and he became just an other survival/PVP/sandbox game among hundreds.......

Adding multiplayer somehow makes it less original?
    Please, do explain.
    Strongly disagree, if it ever comes I'd want it only after all features of the base game have been ironed out and the multi-player can be made to fit the game, rather than have good features scrapped just because they'd translate badly in to multi-player.

And as for this, I agree with every word. I honestly think they should finish the main game before going into the realm of multiplayer. That's not to say we can't say it's something we want. Just because someone says they want a feature, doesn't mean immediately. I'm sure everyone here agrees, multiplayer, if it is implemented, should be a late-production goal, not here-and-now.
    edited November 2015

Please, do explain.

I try in english, sorry is not always easy for me to make my self clear, Like i say, i learned to speak and write english by my self (just by living alone in England for 2 years)

Ther is already tonnes of sandbox game when you have to build defences and war(stuff)ship to transform your base in a stronghold (ex: reigne of king and Ark among many others), It turn the game into some kind of "War game" where the point is more about defanding yours ressouces and base than explore or do science stuff (science and exploration is the original part) , even if "you" play nice ther is always a lot of players how prefert to steal and attaking you and your base (is more easy to steal from other than explore and finding by your self + lots of player just want to play that way by pleasure to destroy what you build), even if the game is build on a cooperation purpose. (ex:Infestation: Survivor Stories, who, by the way, is empty now, because of few player who play dirty, now it just a giant (empty) pvp arena map with few player camping to shoot other just for fun)
    Like i say, i learned to speak and write english by my self (just by living alone in England for 2 years)

That's actually pretty impressive.
  • WolfiyWolfiy Join Date: 2015-11-04 Member: 208974Members

Please, do explain.

I try in english, sorry is not always easy for me to make my self clear, Like i say, i learned to speak and write english by my self (just by living alone in England for 2 years)

Ther is already tonnes of sandbox game when you have to build defences and war(stuff)ship to transform your base in a stronghold (ex: reigne of king and Ark among many others), It turn the game into some kind of "War game" where the point is more about defanding yours ressouces and base than explore or do science stuff (science and exploration is the original part) , even if "you" play nice ther is always a lot of players how prefert to steal and attaking you and your base (is more easy to steal from other than explore and finding by your self + lots of player just want to play that way by pleasure to destroy what you build), even if the game is build on a cooperation purpose. (ex:Infestation: Survivor Stories, who, by the way, is empty now, because of few player who play dirty, now it just a giant (empty) pvp arena map with few player camping to shoot other just for fun)

At the end of the day, multiplayer should have password options and the ability to kick/ban problem players.
  • SanctusLupusSanctusLupus USA Join Date: 2015-08-30 Member: 207600Members
    First off, why have multiplayer? Till the map is expanded in width and depth, it would be pointless to have multiplayer. If multiplayer ever becomes an option it should be on the lines of co-op play. Where one can join another person's game if that person agrees with it. This isn't a game like WoW or Ark SE. And if there is multiplayer how is that going to go along with the story of you being the sole survivor of the Aurora? Doesn't make a lot of sense unless the option comes into play after a person completes a colony for the landing of the others that are following to this particular planet.
  • WolfiyWolfiy Join Date: 2015-11-04 Member: 208974Members
    First off, why have multiplayer? Till the map is expanded in width and depth, it would be pointless to have multiplayer. If multiplayer ever becomes an option it should be on the lines of co-op play. Where one can join another person's game if that person agrees with it. This isn't a game like WoW or Ark SE. And if there is multiplayer how is that going to go along with the story of you being the sole survivor of the Aurora? Doesn't make a lot of sense unless the option comes into play after a person completes a colony for the landing of the others that are following to this particular planet.

Once we have dynamic terrain generation, we could have a MASSIVE world, and have multiple life-pods spread across the world.
    If no player had spawned in the life-pod yet, it would be locked.
    One to two players per pod (two seats in each pod!), and within visual distance of the Aurora.
    First off, why have multiplayer? Till the map is expanded in width and depth...

You do realize that any and all conversations about the idea of multiplayer mean in the extreme long-term, after everything else important is done, right?
  • lorcogothlorcogoth belgium Join Date: 2015-09-14 Member: 207943Members
    Wolfiy wrote: »
    Once we have dynamic terrain generation, we could have a MASSIVE world, and have multiple life-pods spread across the world.
    If no player had spawned in the life-pod yet, it would be locked.
    One to two players per pod (two seats in each pod!), and within visual distance of the Aurora.

there will never be dynamic terrain generation everything will always be done by hand. And as The_Shark said multiplayer is extremly long term and right now it is still on the "won't do" list of the dev team.

• Joe_HoganJoe_Hogan England Join Date: 2015-11-07 Member: 209067Members
    I would like Subnautica to have online in however unknownworlds probably are not going to bring it out any time soon because placing online into a game is an extremely hard task especially for a "inexperienced" company such as this (no offence).
  • paradineparadine usa Join Date: 2015-09-18 Member: 208004Members
    They (the devs) are making a 4km x 4km x 2km map so everything beyond that could be procedural (for multi-player).
    paradine wrote: »
    They (the devs) are making a 4km x 4km x 2km map so everything beyond that could be procedural (for multi-player).

That'd actually be pretty cool...

I mean, why not? All of the major story aspects and so on can be in one, really huge area. Everything else doesn't matter as much, so it could be randomly generated.
  • SPIRIN1224SPIRIN1224 Moon Join Date: 2015-04-15 Member: 203469Members
    edited November 2015
    Alright, heard many different comments. Heres my take.

1. Should they?

YES!!! Obviously

2. When?

Not right now.

3. Why?

Will be a SUPER DUPER long term project taking at least 1-2 Years.

BUT if they do it the right why THE DON'T NEED INFINITE TERRAIN!!!!

LOOK ABOVE^^^^

DO IT AGAIN^^^^

GET IT?????

GOOD!

4. Ideas

Start a local server in which you invite people through there Subnautica Usernames. Going along with the idea that the devs should make subnautica standalone. Link to thread here >>>

forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/139371/make-subnautica-standalone#latest

On start all of the players are spawned in one (1) life boat. If lots of players join then a new life pod will spawn with them inside of it. If life pods are open when new players join then they will spawn in the oldest/ first life pod.

Of course we are going to have passwords on the world, and HOPEFULLY on subs like sea moth, and cyclops. You know click on it to get in and a popup asks for password. NOT BY USERNAME. What if a teammate needs to get something but they can't because it locked by username? why have password, ALTHOUGH that would be good idea.

BUMPING TO NEW DISCUSSION
  • CyanaukkiCyanaukki Germany Join Date: 2015-10-22 Member: 208671Members
    I wouldn't want Mutltiplayer in Subnautica as long as it's still in Early Access, I don't think the game is ready yet or will be within a short time.
    As soon as Subnautica is out of Early Access I'd like Mutltiplayer but nothing other than Coop, Multiplayer with more than 4 players would ruin Subnautica and it's atmosphere for me.
    SPIRIN1224 wrote: »
    Of course we are going to have passwords on the world, and HOPEFULLY on subs like sea moth, and cyclops. You know click on it to get in and a popup asks for password. NOT BY USERNAME. What if a teammate needs to get something but they can't because it locked by username? why have password, ALTHOUGH that would be good idea.

I've always supported this idea for being in multiplayer, if and when they ever add it.