Sea Dragon and Sea Emperor

LordDerpLordDerp Netherlands Join Date: 2015-09-10 Member: 207871Members
So I was wondering, after browsing Trello, is the Emperor going to be in the game at all? Judging from this card:
https://trello.com/c/EmjaERAK
They say that the Dragon is a reskin and modification of the Emperor. They also mentioned that the sea emperor had a number of odd joint alignment issues. Those have all been fixed in the sea dragon. Does this mean that the Emperor isn't going to be in the game? Or does this mean that the Dragon is less work, and thus, that is going to be in first?

Comments

• ArbinatorArbinator antarctica Join Date: 2015-09-09 Member: 207851Members
    First of all, it's sea empress. Secondly, she will still most likely be in the game, just at a later date, maybe when they start adding in more deep ocean biomes.
  • SeldkamSeldkam Join Date: 2014-01-01 Member: 191213Members
    Sea Empress? Where? I didn't know we were getting a female variant?
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    Seldkam wrote: »

We reserve the right to make a creature a gender, change gender, or make them gender-less as we develop the game ;)
    Obraxis wrote: »

We reserve the right to make a creature a gender, change gender, or make them gender-less as we develop the game ;)

OBRAXIS I WANT MY BABY SEA EMPERORS / EMPRESSES ......

Lol. That's awesome though :D

You would know this if you were paying attention to the discord chat. Empress is female and possibly the same species as dragon, only sexually dimorphic.
    Arbinator wrote: »

You would know this if you were paying attention to the discord chat. Empress is female and possibly the same species as dragon, only sexually dimorphic.

Ya thanks :D Obraxis helped me out there :)
  • 04Leonhardt04Leonhardt I came here to laugh at you Join Date: 2015-08-01 Member: 206618Members
    I mean that would make a lot of sense.

Give the males claws and jaws for hunting absolutely nothing because they're the biggest creatures in the ocean

And the female the little beak for eating chunks of what the males bring back and for smoochin on her honey
  • LordDerpLordDerp Netherlands Join Date: 2015-09-10 Member: 207871Members
    Ah, so they are likely different genders? Missed that piece of information before, all makes a lot more sense now xD
    LordDerp wrote: »
    Ah, so they are likely different genders? Missed that piece of information before, all makes a lot more sense now xD

Well, it's just a theory. But seeing as how things like anglerfish exist, it's entirely possible.