UnusualSelection - An animated NS2 cartoon

13»

Comments

• SantaClawsSantaClaws Denmark Join Date: 2012-07-31 Member: 154491Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Yaluzan wrote: »
    Nordic wrote: »
    The mac does give you coffee when you press E on it. It just phase gates it right into your stomach.
    I hope the cup isn't included.

Cup is made of sugar, don't worry.
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Yaluzan wrote: »
    The mac does give you coffee when you press E on it. It just phase gates it right into your stomach.
    I hope the cup isn't included.

I always thought it meant a measurement of a cup. I guess that explains my morning digestion issues...
  • MaxAmusMaxAmus UK Join Date: 2003-12-26 Member: 24779Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    Ahh what a world that would be, "1 coffee please" ZIIIIIiIIIiIIiIIiIIiIP "ahh that was great, didnt even have to open my mouth"
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    MaxAmus wrote: »
    Ahh what a world that would be, "1 coffee please" ZIIIIIiIIIiIIiIIiIIiIP "ahh that was great, didnt even have to open my mouth"

You guys crack me up :D
    Do you wanna know why I drink my coffee? MACS are too quick... You can't savor all the... little... flavors...

You... You see... during that last sip, the coffee shows you who you really are. So in a way, I drink my coffee better than you...

Would you like to know which one tastes the best?

joker-coffee-is-serious-business.jpg
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    I am not a fan of the distinctly American/European bias towards hot beverages offered by the mac. Ever wonder why British and Asian teams are absent from the best in the world list? There's your reason right there. They are being served the wrong beverage!!

I hereby start a new campaign to have the Mac offer players a cup of tea in a perfect plum English accent.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Soul_Rider wrote: »
    I am not a fan of the distinctly American/European bias towards hot beverages offered by the mac. Ever wonder why British and Asian teams are absent from the best in the world list? There's your reason right there. They are being served the wrong beverage!!

I hereby start a new campaign to have the Mac offer players a cup of tea in a perfect plum English accent.

Well to be fair, he does keep asking for a firmware update :tongue:
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    I want a mac mod, with a variety of options. Food and drink.
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    Now you want Fries with that Mac mod?

There's no pleasing some people....
    Now you want Fries with that Mac mod?

There's no pleasing some people....

Fries would be nice. I would be worried the TSF can not afford that though. I would be happy with airplane food. It is already airplane like coffee.
  • MaxAmusMaxAmus UK Join Date: 2003-12-26 Member: 24779Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    Ding Fries are done, Ding Fries are done, I WORK IN Docking CAFETERIA, would you like some beans with that, Would you like some beans with that??! Ding Fries are doneeeeeeeee
  • amoralamoral Join Date: 2013-01-03 Member: 177250Members
    Benson wrote: »
    Latest vid just makes me want a pet MAC even more. (He still owes me a cup of coffee...)

good thing for nanites then, because that would be seriously damaging.

it is not healthy to cook your internal organs.
    edited September 2015
    next ep needs a few more scenes to be completed, my guess is about 3+1 bonus scenes out of 18+1 total. just so ya know how far I am atm :D

And I'm introducing the badass Kodiak female marine, had quite a bit of trouble thinking up a way to differentiate her from the male marines in this simplified toon version
    edited October 2015
    Alright a tiny hiccup, I've been sick these last few days :( However I did get some work done and also added some other things I wanted to add, like the alien's perspective on Walls of Lame... Not finished yet, but these extra scenes are, I'm hoping, adding more hilarity...

This one is the longest video yet and also has more dynamic animations in the later parts. You can perhaps see my animation becoming more smooth and dynamic as I learn to animate better, still learning this o/

Stay tuned and sorry for just a sitrep, so bear with me :tongue:
    Very nice. I especially enjoyed the marines respawning and the armory wall with the onos.
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
  • [AwE]Sentinel[AwE]Sentinel Join Date: 2012-06-05 Member: 152949Members
    And they do the same stuff again, muahahahha. Good job, awesome video!
    can we use these for teach rookies? i think it would be more funny.....
    MaxAmus wrote: »
    can we use these for teach rookies? i think it would be more funny.....

Yeah, Walls of Lame was indeed mostly inspired by the rookie mindset, being drawn to these roadblocks like moths to flames over and over again. Good thing we've got enough memes, typical NS2 things and rookie behavior from which I can draw my inspiration

Glad you lot are enjoying these :D
    Kouji_San wrote: »
    Good thing we've got enough memes, typical NS2 things and rookie behavior from which I can draw my inspiration

It is a good thing, for it means we need not fear an abrupt end to the series, although, now you have done another 2 episodes, will we be force to wait a whole year again? :D
    Kouji_San wrote: »
    Good thing we've got enough memes, typical NS2 things and rookie behavior from which I can draw my inspiration

It is a good thing, for it means we need not fear an abrupt end to the series, although, now you have done another 2 episodes, will we be force to wait a whole year again? :D
    Kouji is not in right now, please leave a message after the beep :trollface:
    If we have to wait another year, that is ok. As long as he does not actually stop.
    Well there's a small hint in the first post, so............
    edited October 2015
    Alright, maybe another hint in the shape of the next thumbnail :tongue:
    21421672833_9dee4da9d9_o.jpg
    All it would mean, is we need to do more stupid things in game..... walker lerks is always good fun? how about the backward bunny hopping gorge ...... OR the fade that thinks he is an onos?
  • DecoyDecoy Join Date: 2012-09-11 Member: 159037Members, Super Administrators, Playtest Lead, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts, Retired Community Developer
  • BensonBenson Join Date: 2012-03-07 Member: 148303Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    So thats how the TSF does Halloween!

Was kind of expecting the mysterious welderman to make an apperance...for some reason I always think welderman when I see batman.

ON TO THE NEXT ONE
    Benson wrote: »
    So thats how the TSF does Halloween!

Was kind of expecting the mysterious welderman to make an apperance...for some reason I always think welderman when I see batman.

ON TO THE NEXT ONE

Welderman hmm, intriguing...