UnusualSelection - An animated NS2 cartoon

Comments

• LocklearLocklear [nexzil]kerrigan Join Date: 2012-05-01 Member: 151403Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, WC 2013 - Shadow
  • Cannon_FodderAUSCannon_FodderAUS Brisbane, AU Join Date: 2013-06-23 Member: 185664Members, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    I was about to comment, how much the fade blink is like my fade play. Bumping into every surface there are and getting owned. Flash fade ahead.
  • MestaritonttuMestaritonttu Join Date: 2004-07-29 Member: 30229Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    Kouji_San wrote: »
    hehee.

It looks a bit like the style that wow/sc2 vid person uses in his cartoons though.
    still like.

Carbot's StarCrafts is cool stuff indeed :D I'm trying to avoid it, but NS2 vs SC2, cuteness vs... well cuteness, it's hard to steer clear of that obstacle course.

Nah, don't try to steer clear, it's wonderful and SC2 has so many similarities to NS2 why not make something that works. There's never enough swagling in the world. :)
  • Dictator93Dictator93 Join Date: 2008-12-21 Member: 65833Members, Reinforced - Shadow
  • tummy_yummytummy_yummy Join Date: 2013-05-01 Member: 185073Members, Reinforced - Gold, WC 2013 - Supporter
    That second episode ... genius!
  • RapGodRapGod Not entirely sure... Join Date: 2013-11-12 Member: 189322Members
    Get onos bar or club in there.
  • sharnrocksharnrock Join Date: 2012-11-02 Member: 166084Members
    Will you make one where the commander is teaching the new cadets to dance? I would like to see a flash dance montage with marines and skulks.
  • tummy_yummytummy_yummy Join Date: 2013-05-01 Member: 185073Members, Reinforced - Gold, WC 2013 - Supporter
    so... plans for any new epsiodes? :D
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    4 months later you revive? ..................................................... I hate you..

• AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES! FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS! Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
    We....... Dislike you.
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited October 2014
    IronHorse wrote: »
    4 months later you revive? ..................................................... I hate you..

It is a necessary evil. For another video would be a divine treat. .......and I got no flack for necroing my own thread from 10 months ago, because it was WORTH IT!
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited September 2015
    I summon the power of the undead, rise and ye shall be show the new way of revised revisions...

Revised George the Gorge and the Exos a bit... And the marines are a tiny bit different. I'm now looking into better animation (Carbot does tutorials now and it's very mesmerising and inspiring), I'll probably pick this one up for some more eps. It just so bloody time consuming dammit :tongue:
    21339973621_1dc12e273d_o.jpg
    21321565992_2366a1e433_o.jpg
    edited September 2015
    Alright another tiny redesign, making the ARC more hilarious IMHO... And I promise this is the last bump before a new ep lol
    20741849913_4250645214_o.png

And maybe the flare will be less visible or not even pesent, he just yells BOOOM (ARC sound effect) and things randomly explode :tongue:

Haha this kinda turned into a concept design thread, I hope you guys don't mind. Just want to show some stuff for shitNgiggleNfeedback and stuffs
  • DecoyDecoy Join Date: 2012-09-11 Member: 159037Members, Super Administrators, Playtest Lead, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts, Retired Community Developer
    I think the vomiting ARCs are my favorite
    Decoy wrote: »

I think you're going to like the next one then, VERY crude storyboard is finishfied :trollface:
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow

I think you're going to like the next one then, VERY crude storyboard is finishfied :trollface:

Crude. Hmm. Crude as in put together in a crude fashion. Or is it a crude sense of humor portrayed in the storyboard.
    edited September 2015
    Nordic wrote: »

Crude. Hmm. Crude as in put together in a crude fashion. Or is it a crude sense of humor portrayed in the storyboard.

Crude, not Crude... :p

1st one
  • amoralamoral Join Date: 2013-01-03 Member: 177250Members
    LIFEFORMS UNDER ATTACK

BWAHAHAHAHA I shouldnt watch this when I'm tired xD

Hilarious!

What do you do when your comrade is being impaled by an alien? Why, stare at him, of course!

...please more.

well, you don't want to interfere with a duel
  • amoralamoral Join Date: 2013-01-03 Member: 177250Members
    RapGod wrote: »
    Onos breaking doors... damn door is stuck.

Skulk fail on wall jump, marines gling at their feet, exo fails... lerk pancaking desperately... ideas

:)

the lerk pancaking desperately is the funniest thing in the world.

it's like, yeah you're hard to hit... on the other hand you're also not making any real progress in escaping.
    I summon the power of the undead, rise and ye shall be show the new way of revised revisions...

No complaints this time...
    edited September 2015

No complaints this time...
    Cause naw there be pictars mon :tongue:

Sitrep for one more ep: backgrounds, proper sounds and a few more "simpler" animations... I'd classify it as 85% 94.13% done *hides*

Walk animations are the bane of my existence, but I'm learning... I now prefer to do random jumping instead of straight up (boring) walking animations for our four legged friends... There's still two in there though and it shows my learning process lol, I'm just gonna leave em in there though even though they're bothering me to some extent
  • BensonBenson Join Date: 2012-03-07 Member: 148303Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    edited September 2015
    Latest vid just makes me want a pet MAC even more. (He still owes me a cup of coffee...)
    Benson wrote: »
    Latest vid just makes me want a pet MAC even more. (He still owes me a cup of coffee...)

The mac does give you coffee when you press E on it. It just phase gates it right into your stomach.
  • YaluzanYaluzan Join Date: 2013-07-30 Member: 186474Members, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester
    The mac does give you coffee when you press E on it. It just phase gates it right into your stomach.
    I hope the cup isn't included.
    edited September 2015