Can Subnautica Run on Windows 8 Laptop upgraded to Windows 10?

RustyRangeRustyRange Join Date: 2015-09-14 Member: 207955Members
I haven't Yet got Subnautica but I haven't seen anyone saying that you can play it on A Windows 8 Laptop. So i was wondering can you Run Subnautica on Windows 8 Laptop upgraded to Windows 10?

Comments

• SeldkamSeldkam Join Date: 2014-01-01 Member: 191213Members
    Yes, at least, mine did exactly that and it's working fine :)
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    Subnautica is a 64bit game, so as long as your Windows version is 64bit running Vista SP2 or above then you're fine :smile:
  • papragupapragu Home Join Date: 2015-03-23 Member: 202455Members
    well its not just about windows, it also depends on the hardware. I am actually surprised that a dev, who already took the time to post here, didn't gave you a detailed information. If your laptop only has an intel integrated gpu don't expect too much, neither from a low end nvidia/amd gpu.
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    papragu wrote: »
    well its not just about windows, it also depends on the hardware. I am actually surprised that a dev, who already took the time to post here, didn't gave you a detailed information. If your laptop only has an intel integrated gpu don't expect too much, neither from a low end nvidia/amd gpu.

They only asked about the OS, so I answered that. Of course you need to meet the minimum system requirements, but that's a given on any game.
  • JacaraJacara Washington Join Date: 2015-06-11 Member: 205391Members
    IF you have yet to upgrade, get your Video drivers ready on a flash stick. Windows 10's drivers are 4 months out of date and several Video drivers will have serious problems.
    IF it is already updated and appears to be running fine then, go to the sound and video manufactures websites and use their most up to date drivers.
    Other than that (and as long as your not hit with several major bugs) Subnautica runs like a dream with Win10. A lot of things do even older computers.