Base Defense: Mjolnir Mines

04Leonhardt04Leonhardt I came here to laugh at you Join Date: 2015-08-01 Member: 206618Members
edited September 2015 in Ideas and Suggestions
"Alterra Tech Mjolnir Mines, protect your deep sea investments with the power of Asgard!"

What are They

Mjolnir Mines would be deployable "static" defenses, similar to Beacons, that would fire off a powerful electrical pulse to ward off creatures.

Crafting Recipe
3x Titanium
1x Wiring Kit
1x Computer Chip
1x Power Cell

Deployment

The Mjolnir Mine takes up a 3x3 space in the inventory, and can be deployed via the hotbar.

Once deployed, the Mjolnir Mine will float in place similar to a Beacon. From there, a small interface on the top of the Mine can be used to set various targeting and power usage parameters.

Two Sliders are present, representing Detonation Range, and Power Output

Detonation Range dictates how close a hostile creature must be to trigger the mine. Setting it to 0 will require the creature to actually touch the mine. Setting it to Max will have the mine detonate when the creature comes within the max possible blast radius. By default the range is set to 10%.

Power Output dictates how much power is used per blast. increasing the power also increases the recharge time between blasts. By default the power output is set to 10%, giving it 10 uses. increasing the power also increases the damage. 10% is enough to safely ward off most hostile creatures, though they may return. 25% is enough to kill a Stalker. 50% can kill a Bone Shark. 100% power is required to turn away a Reaper Leviathan, and will instantly kill most other creatures. Shockers are unharmed by Mjolnir Mines, and could even be attracted to them.

After each detonation the amount of power is reduced from its Power Cell, which must be replaced to recharge the mine.

Comments