Megaclops with pics :D

Comments

• SanctusLupusSanctusLupus USA Join Date: 2015-08-30 Member: 207600Members
    Marut wrote: »
    Just putting this out here, but bigger subs are more susceptible to high pressure and thus less suitable for deep sea exploration.
    Don't mean to be a spoilsport and I CERTAINLY don't wanna get eaten by the biggest fish any more than you do, but it's something to consider.

Just means a mother sub would be a mobile base which is what I was suggesting. The Cyclops can have the depth measured differently and same for the sea moth and exosuit that would allow exploration with them would be perfect.
  • tarektarek lebanon Join Date: 2015-04-10 Member: 203241Members
    sweet baby Jesus :D ITS ALIVE
    they should hire us :D
  • RustyRangeRustyRange Join Date: 2015-09-14 Member: 207955Members
    edited September 2015
    tarek wrote: »

True ^

It seems like we come up more ideas as a Community than the Devs actually Working on the game.
    RustyRange wrote: »
    tarek wrote: »

True ^

It seems like we come up more ideas as a Community than the Devs actually Working on the game.

Devs value our feedback, any wise dev considers our feedback for the improvements to the game. :) But you know we could always band together and make a game if we wanted to get the money and talent :)
  • 04Leonhardt04Leonhardt I came here to laugh at you Join Date: 2015-08-01 Member: 206618Members
    Sorry to rain on the parade, guys, but we're just ideaguys here.
    Unless y'all got secret skills in working with Unity or Unreal 4, game dev isn't really a feasible option.
  • MarutMarut nonya-buzniz Join Date: 2015-09-10 Member: 207866Members
    Sorry to rain on the parade, guys, but we're just ideaguys here.
    Unless y'all got secret skills in working with Unity or Unreal 4, game dev isn't really a feasible option.

It's always a possibility. Regardless, it's some fun ideas we're coming up with here. Entertaining to see what different people care about too, even if I don't agree.
  • 04Leonhardt04Leonhardt I came here to laugh at you Join Date: 2015-08-01 Member: 206618Members
    Of course ideaguy-ing is fun, you get to play pretend and "what if" with no expectation to actually produce what you're talking about because it's the Dev's job to do so.
    Precisely. Makes it easy for the devs to pick up new ideas though.
  • lorcogothlorcogoth belgium Join Date: 2015-09-14 Member: 207943Members
    edited September 2015
    this looks quite nice and I would love them in the game.
    I mean they are amazing.

But there are some problems (first being that the deeper you go you will need smaller ships with higher concentration materials because of pressure maybe because of the future setting of the game this can be ignored)
    the main problem is that there are already specialized improvements for the cyclops based on the reefback DNA which are 2 to 3 times as effective as the current hull improvements.

to be honest I would rather have these mechanical monsters then a better cyclops.
    lorcogoth wrote: »
    this looks quite nice and I would love them in the game.
    I mean they are amazing.

But there are some problems (first being that the deeper you go you will need smaller ships with higher concentration materials because of pressure maybe because of the future setting of the game this can be ignored)
    the main problem is that there are already specialized improvements for the cyclops based on the reefback DNA which are 2 to 3 times as effective as the current hull improvements.

to be honest I would rather have these mechanical monsters then a better cyclops.

I was under the impression that the Megaclops was meant to be the mobile base, being able to hold ALL the vehicles, and being huge enough to live comfortably inside of.
  • The_SharkThe_Shark USA Join Date: 2015-08-24 Member: 207433Members

I was under the impression that the Megaclops was meant to be the mobile base, being able to hold ALL the vehicles, and being huge enough to live comfortably inside of.

*crying* So you're fine with supporting a submarine that can do that, but not a boat?
    A boat would just be inconvenient.
    With a Sub you can dive it down to the edge of its crush depth and deploy your other vehicles.
    With a boat you have to go ALL the way to the surface to dock.
  • jack_flamesjack_flames california usa Join Date: 2015-07-08 Member: 206055Members
    I WANT IT I WANT IT ALL!!!!
    I WANT IT I WANT IT ALL!!!!

And I want it nowwww
    edited September 2015
    The_Shark wrote: »

*crying* So you're fine with supporting a submarine that can do that, but not a boat?

Better to have a sub rather than a boat. A boat wouldn't be reasonable. Like 04Leonhardt said.

Better to have a sub rather than a boat. A boat wouldn't be reasonable. Like 04Leonhardt said.

It's more balanced that way. Giving the ultimate vehicle the ability to go anywhere is a lot more power than limiting it by forcing it to the surface.
    It's more balanced that way. Giving the ultimate vehicle the ability to go anywhere is a lot more power than limiting it by forcing it to the surface.

Absolutely nobody is suggesting that it be able to go everywhere.
    Hell several people agreed that the larger the sub, the more difficulty it would have going deeper without imploding due to the pressure.

It's max would probably be about 500 meters with full upgrades, since reinforcing the hull would have much less of an effect with so much hull to reinforce.

From there you can launch the Cyclops, which could then launch the Seamoth or Exosuit.

So it'd be able to chill in the upper areas of the Grand Reef.

When we get deeper biomes, like the long awaited Inactive Lava Zone, you'll have to use the Cyclops or Seamoth to get to the Black Castle. (God it looks and sounds badass.)

Or some deep dark trench, which streches on for miles downwards.

Absolutely nobody is suggesting that it be able to go everywhere.
    Hell several people agreed that the larger the sub, the more difficulty it would have going deeper without imploding due to the pressure.

It's max would probably be about 500 meters with full upgrades, since reinforcing the hull would have much less of an effect with so much hull to reinforce.

From there you can launch the Cyclops, which could then launch the Seamoth or Exosuit.

So it'd be able to chill in the upper areas of the Grand Reef.

When we get deeper biomes, like the long awaited Inactive Lava Zone, you'll have to use the Cyclops or Seamoth to get to the Black Castle. (God it looks and sounds badass.)

Alright, that, I agree with. I thought you were trying to say that it should be able to dive to 2500 meters or something ridiculous like that.
    pff its si fi just slap on some tritinoum_x hull and ur good to go
  • LukamicLukamic Australia Join Date: 2016-01-05 Member: 210932Members
    What if you need to salvage the Aurora's reactor to power the NOVA, once you run out of dark matter(as fuel) you need to go down to inactive lava where, because of the pressure and heat, you can find solidified stalagmites of dark matter that you can mine and use as fuel. And yes, i know that someones going to point out some sciency reason for why this is impractical but its a game.
  • ChaosKnight626ChaosKnight626 Minnesota Join Date: 2015-08-05 Member: 206783Members
    Lukamic wrote: »
    I know that someones going to point out some sciency reason for why this is impractical but its a game.

Dark Matter doesn't work like that
  • RainstormRainstorm Montreal (Quebec) Join Date: 2015-12-15 Member: 210003Members
    Lukamic wrote: »
    I know that someones going to point out some sciency reason for why this is impractical but its a game.

Dark Matter doesn't work like that

@ChaosKnight626 Dontchu dare shatter our dreamz with ur Logic hammer! >:)
  • j1r2000j1r2000 canada Join Date: 2015-09-08 Member: 207813Members
    sayerulz wrote: »
    Looks like something from starmade.

ikr
    I love the idea. Name needs a little work. Mega cyclops... I dunno. Maybe something like the Ettin.

And, you know how the Cyclops has the horn? This thing should have a horn that's louder and deeper, but also... a loudspeaker system that connects to a microphone. If a high enough volume is emitted by the loudspeakers, then some small fish will be scared off, so you don't accidentally kill them. Plus, I want to go around yelling "Behold, the apocalypse!"

oh and mabie sonar \( ' - ' )/
  • Ruslan_DRRuslan_DR probably terrorizing tourists along the coast. Join Date: 2015-12-30 Member: 210578Members
    I could see some possible, additional features. For one if you make it a screw drive (corkscrew propeller inside of a cylinder) it will run quiet, and be harder to notice by other lifeforms, there's also the possibility of a small version of a dredger, essentially a beefier terraformer.

Also, bigger torpedos which the cyclops lacks at current :U

as for ship size, it depends on how you build it, towards how it will interact with the environment. A sub like this would likely use triangular struts in several sections along it's length, sort of like how modern deep-sea nuclear submarines are built in sections.

For a good example of how these are built to withstand such pressure, this is the wreck of the Kursk nuclear sub;
    Kursk_wreck.jpg

essentially, thick hull, reinforcement, but this allowed for a pretty grand size. Just because it's the future doesn't mean the principles of physics change, and design shouldn't need to change so substantially either. Perhaps a moonpool-like entrance could be used as well, a dive room that is easier to access than the current cyclops' hatch. when approaching at an angle that thing didn't register and nearly got me killed.

• Seamothwizard44Seamothwizard44 Join Date: 2015-09-17 Member: 207995Members
    Damn right they should, do you remember my idea about the wreckage being loot able?
    OMG explorable wreck update (I feel so special!) B)
    DX i just got a urge to make this in from the depths but all the pics are down