What are some of the most dispointing ways you have died?

IvanKeskaIvanKeska US Join Date: 2015-08-16 Member: 207202Members
Well playing the game what are some of your deaths that just left you going "god damn it how did I let that happen".

For me I was terraforming the shallows like removing them almost entirely so I could remake them into an island, and I kinda sorta may have forgot to watch my oxygen levels. What made it worse was I was playing hardcore so all of that progress lost.

Comments

• 04Leonhardt04Leonhardt I came here to laugh at you Join Date: 2015-08-01 Member: 206618Members
    Freaking Crashes hiding around corners in shallow caves have killed me more than everything else in this game combined.
  • NaaliNaali U.S. Join Date: 2015-08-23 Member: 207397Members
    Windows 10 hates my sound card, and after every update it switches it to "headphone" I failed to realize this (and thought I had just turned the volume down) after an update. I was swimming along the Aurora (and had turned my volume knob up), and all I was treated to was a flash of the reaper's face, and then the interior of the escape pod.

On a separate occasion I was doing silly things (as I am wont to do) and forgot to turn on nodamage. After using the dig 100 command a few times I decided to spawn 100 reapers, which ended exactly how you might expect.
  • RevivedShadowRevivedShadow Australia Join Date: 2015-07-28 Member: 206468Members
    There should be a death screen in my opinion. It is confusing when you suddenly appear in your life pod/base.
  • 04Leonhardt04Leonhardt I came here to laugh at you Join Date: 2015-08-01 Member: 206618Members
    Yeah something like

Respawn
    Load Game
    Save Game
    Quit Game
  • IvanKeskaIvanKeska US Join Date: 2015-08-16 Member: 207202Members
    for me when i die in hardcore it just closes the game, like it's telling me to claim down, take a breather, and forget able all that lost progress.
  • SkyninSkynin Russia Join Date: 2015-08-08 Member: 206915Members
    edited September 2015
    Playing survival only, switched client to experimental branch today. There's that new island.
    Well, on my way to this place i've collected a lot of stuff (installed 3 storage containers on my Seamoth), when i was full i decided to head back to the base, saved my game, turned back my Seamoth... then Reaper appeared outta nowhere and ate me.
  • Captain_PyroCaptain_Pyro Germany Join Date: 2015-05-31 Member: 205116Members
    One time i was in a cave with those poisonous stingers handing from the ceiling. After the "30 secs O² left" message i turned around to head back to my seamoth, only that i couldn't find the right way back through the stinger curtains. I didn't drow though, i panicked long before i reached the 10 secs mark and tried to force through the stingers. Bad idea that was...
  • SkyninSkynin Russia Join Date: 2015-08-08 Member: 206915Members
    Hey, it's me again. Visited this island once more, got chewed up by ninja Reaper... again. With 1HP i barely escaped on my Seamoth. When i was safe, i've noticed something shiny on the ground. I thought "Hm, i should check this place!" and pressed "E"... at max speed. Respawn.

It was quite unlucky day :/
  • ChaosKnight626ChaosKnight626 Minnesota Join Date: 2015-08-05 Member: 206783Members
  • sayerulzsayerulz oregon Join Date: 2015-04-15 Member: 203493Members
    I wanted to explore one of the caves with the stingers, and I figured "those things cant possibly damage a submarine, so I'll take the seamoth in."

Apparently they can damage submarines.
  • ChaosKnight626ChaosKnight626 Minnesota Join Date: 2015-08-05 Member: 206783Members
    sayerulz wrote: »
    I wanted to explore one of the caves with the stingers, and I figured "those things cant possibly damage a submarine, so I'll take the seamoth in."

Apparently they can damage submarines.

Just be glad it wasn't infested with Crashes instead
  • NevercallmebynameNevercallmebyname Join Date: 2015-08-15 Member: 207155Members
    The first time I found a spike plant was a disappointing death for me because I'm swimming into a cave and then suddenly I'm back in the base. I didn't even know that was a thing at that stage and repeated the same death three more times before it clicked that the plant was killing me.
  • reaperLeviathenfoodreaperLeviathenfood florida Join Date: 2015-05-19 Member: 204681Members
    went into a crashed segment around the Arora and was opening a box when i heard the reaper scream, I backed up to a wall and got eaten threw the wall.
    Then i restarted, went underwater to power grab what i knew i needed, and drowned. O hey i didn't make tanks on this new guy yet.
  • lxhlxh Austria Join Date: 2015-03-13 Member: 202074Members
    edited September 2015
    A stalker followed me inside my base through the very first experimental moonpool. It was a hard fight ... :)
    z29v8ma2ea2m.jpg
  • FearlessWolfFearlessWolf United States Join Date: 2015-08-29 Member: 207573Members
    Going in a magma vent for materials. (Early days of playing)
  • ZourinZourin White Castle Join Date: 2015-02-27 Member: 201577Members
    edited September 2015
    Most disappointing? Drowning in the first dive, with 280 hours of game time.
  • AtriaaAtriaa Canada Join Date: 2015-09-02 Member: 207675Members
    Crushed by seamoth...
  • CordeosCordeos Join Date: 2015-08-19 Member: 207293Members
    While diving one of the audio updates about the Auroras status overrode the 30 seconds of air left warning. I had no ide how little air I had until it was too late.
  • Mr357Mr357 Join Date: 2015-03-31 Member: 202777Members
    I was playing with my HUD off and drowned in the safe shallows.