Those damned Reapers

ChaosKnight626ChaosKnight626 Minnesota Join Date: 2015-08-05 Member: 206783Members
So I was working on my base trying to finish the Moonpool when I realized that I didn't have any Gold for an Advanced Wiring Kit. I naturally went to where I usually get my Gold; the Grassy Plateau, only to find nothing but an army of Biter Fish, Bone Sharks, and Sand Sharks waiting with nothing but Silver to be collected. I barely got back to my base with my Seamoth at 7% power, 12% health, and me at 62% health. I decided not to bother with the Grand Reef since I'd never get that deep on my own and I went to the new Mountain Biome instead with just a Seaglide. As I was a few meters away from the beach I heard the roar of the damned, I tried to go faster but it was pointless, he came up too fast and it was over before I could panic. Now I'm stuck with nowhere to go for Gold, a mostly dead Seamoth, no Moonpool, and no Cyclops, why does the game hate me?

Comments

• 04Leonhardt04Leonhardt I came here to laugh at you Join Date: 2015-08-01 Member: 206618Members
  • ChaosKnight626ChaosKnight626 Minnesota Join Date: 2015-08-05 Member: 206783Members
    I was just unlucky. Next time I'll emerge victorious. Or I'll just wait for some of these.
  • reaperLeviathenfoodreaperLeviathenfood florida Join Date: 2015-05-19 Member: 204681Members
    huh.. just pay attention to creature habits then next time your in a new zone, the bone sharks have very rarely done anything to me because i avoid them so easily, I even had a base in the shimmering flats and would go out at night without much fear of those sharks. Also the reapers usually roar be4 they charge u, u probably swam towards where it came from. Also make a welder to heal your seamoth, and stock batteries be4 u go lol
  • ChaosKnight626ChaosKnight626 Minnesota Join Date: 2015-08-05 Member: 206783Members
    I don't want to waste resources on power cells and Crash Powder is ridiculously hard to find. I've been to 12 Crash nests and found nothing
  • JacaraJacara Washington Join Date: 2015-06-11 Member: 205391Members
    I hate them....had 3 chasing me the other day as I tried to get to the side hole in the ship, had to sacrifice my Seamoth to them lol
    Okay, so after I saved and started up the game again I somehow was glitched an Advanced Wiring Kit. I immediately brought my Seamoth into there and worked on a welder. After that I made a Solar Charging Upgrade for the Seamoth and set off with the USS Death to explore the island.6b32adbi3dmp.jpg
    After going around the side I got to the island in one piece, so suck on it Reapers!!!!
  • cpvfotoncpvfoton Spain Join Date: 2015-09-01 Member: 207631Members
    Take care in the island. A Leviathan could spawn near the beach... no joking >:)
    That's why I'll get what I can and get out quickly.
  • FearlessWolfFearlessWolf United States Join Date: 2015-08-29 Member: 207573Members
    You do realize there is crash powder in every crash nest? (Just let the crash explode and look inside the nest)
    Not in the ones I looked in. There was 0 crash powder.
  • 04Leonhardt04Leonhardt I came here to laugh at you Join Date: 2015-08-01 Member: 206618Members
    Yeah I've noticed that they dialed back the amount of crash powder.

Used to be I could find like 12 Crash Powder in a single nest.

Now I'm lucky to find one.

Exactly, but I guess that's to make it more realistic or something.
  • BaleBale France Join Date: 2015-09-05 Member: 207737Members

Used to be I could find like 12 Crash Powder in a single nest.

Just explode it with repulsion cannon. It will give tons of crash powder and one less crash nest or is it because you are on experimental ?
  • TheGuru143TheGuru143 U.S. Join Date: 2015-09-07 Member: 207801Members
    edited September 2015
    The little red fish (Biters I think, not the exploding ones) are simple to handle really. There were a LOT of those darn things in the jelly shroom cave and I couldn't leave my Seamoth for 5 seconds without 1 - 3 of the little suckers attacking me. I finally took to getting into the Seamoth, moving a bit away and turning around fast and then ramming them to death. After 10 minutes of this, there wasn't a single one left in the cave, lol. You will need a welder to repair every 2 - 3 you kill, but worth it!
    Crude, but hey... you use whatever weapons you have at your disposal.
  • NaaliNaali U.S. Join Date: 2015-08-23 Member: 207397Members
    Shoot a reaper with a torpedo, enjoy your new death top.
  • Captain_PyroCaptain_Pyro Germany Join Date: 2015-05-31 Member: 205116Members
    Even if crash powder can be a pain to come by since they fixed it, it's relatively easy to get and in your current situation probably the best move.

Also about the grand reef if you're so lucky too find more silver than needed, get yourself a rebreather and radiation suit ASAP and head out. From the max depth of an unequipped moth you can reach quite a bit of the grand reefs ground. Also you will need to go there eventually to get the moonpool fragments.
    Also if you're lucky there's some diamond in for you.
    Bale wrote: »
    Just explode it with repulsion cannon. It will give tons of crash powder and one less crash nest or is it because you are on experimental ?

If gold is the problem how do you plan on building a propulsion cannon in the first place?
  • BaleBale France Join Date: 2015-09-05 Member: 207737Members
    If gold is the problem how do you plan on building a propulsion cannon in the first place?

How can gold be a problem ? There is more gold than quartz in this ocean. But well i get your point, you often have to deal with crash fish before even have any equipment
  • Captain_PyroCaptain_Pyro Germany Join Date: 2015-05-31 Member: 205116Members
    Bale wrote: »

How can gold be a problem ? There is more gold than quartz in this ocean. But well i get your point, you often have to deal with crash fish before even have any equipment

Didn't he say he coulnd't find any gold for an advanced wiring kit to begin with? I can't imagine it either ... as you said, there's more gold than quartz xD
  • zetachronzetachron Germany Join Date: 2014-11-14 Member: 199655Members
    The game gives you tons of everything if you know where to find it. The only exception so far is silver.

With the new seamoth update (experimental) and the seamoth equipped with reinforced, solar recharge, shock defense and sonar, you shouldn't have any problems then. Lesser predators just get rammed to death and the seamoth fixed with the welder. Reapers get shocked to minimize damage and get out of their reach. Scanned the whole Aurora for valuable pieces shocking reapers. But don't forget the solar recharge for endless shocking or you end up dead.

Still don't know if the torpedos have any good reaper use - distraction isn't that good for reapers and last I checked couldn't kill reapers with them.

The new seamoth reaper defense is that good, I don't need the cyclops anymore. This lame thing has a fantastic interiour, but a real bad navigation.
    I wanna see what would happen if I shot a Vortex Torpedo into a Reaper's mouth
  • NaaliNaali U.S. Join Date: 2015-08-23 Member: 207397Members
    I wanna see what would happen if I shot a Vortex Torpedo into a Reaper's mouth

600_omg-it-spins.gif
  • tarektarek lebanon Join Date: 2015-04-10 Member: 203241Members
    soon they will all be on the extinction list
    Hey, we seamoth pilots shouldn't fear reapers, we should fear the day the devs create roaming crashers!

These one hit wonders blow up your reinforced seamoth faster than you can blink.

But I'll make use of them. I dna create and pet train my own army of crashers and send them against the sea emperor for some fun time.
    What if we stasis rifle a crash
    Shove it into a dark metal tube
    And close it up like their little missile silo plants
    Then shoot the tube at things we want to not be there anymore.
    What if we stasis rifle a crash
    Shove it into a dark metal tube
    And close it up like their little missile silo plants
    Then shoot the tube at things we want to not be there anymore.

Hey, we need a new container. A warp container that uses dark matter energy to create a micro universe to store objects frozen in time. Ingredients and tech will be advanced and then we trap creatures almost like the ghosts in ghostbusters. Bind with Stasis - Place the Sucker - Store Inside - Release.
  • LinfomaLinfoma Portugal Join Date: 2015-09-07 Member: 207791Members
    the reaper is a big pussy compared to the crash fish...last night i geard my seamoth and went on a reaper hunt...i shot his ass full of torpedoes and he caught me like four times and took a electric shok to the face every time final score seamoth 4 points reaper 0... after that i whent farming and passed a cave full of crash fish, i took 3 in the face and my seamoth was blown to pieces...so yes crash fish on top of the subnautica moust dangerous list...:(
    Has anyone ever used those torpedos successfully against reapers? I mean, even distracting them doesn't seem to work much. I usually just use the shock.
  • LinfomaLinfoma Portugal Join Date: 2015-09-07 Member: 207791Members
    zetachron wrote: »
    Has anyone ever used those torpedos successfully against reapers? I mean, even distracting them doesn't seem to work much. I usually just use the shock.

torpedoes dont do anything only thing that works is the shock when he has you in his mouth ....but its still fun to chase him around for a change....eheheh :p
  • Wiz33Wiz33 USA Join Date: 2015-09-01 Member: 207645Members
    The creature can't do much to your vessels. I'm actually more concern when I'm out exploring but I don't want to have to sanitize the area before existing my vessel. I want some sort of advance dice suit that you can research, something alone the line of the steel mess wet suit that will offer some protection against sharks that we have now. I think I saw image of a mech type unit that may not have been implemented in game yet but I assume it would take a bit of resource to make so I want something in between.
    The funny thing is that the reaper kills you in one hit and the seamoth just gets damaged. While a crash can do a little damage to a flimsy fleshy human and obliterate the metallic, sturdy, seamoth.