finish what you begin!!!

Zarr.beZarr.be Belgium Join Date: 2015-04-07 Member: 203101Members
finish what you begin!!!
I have an impression that you scatter, that there is not logical order in what you make.
You work in all possible directions at the same time without ending anything
case in point: bases, you just made 4 elements of corridors, foundations and you stop.
While there is still a tremendous number of job to be made, to accomplish a true underwater base
The duet Cyclops with Seamoth, always contains errors when he is anchored to the Cyclops, disappearances between others
The kit of first care does not work, After death they are with zero no life.
The respirator still does not work correctly in comparison with the depth

Without speaking about the system of unique savegame which is stupid, with a game also boguer,
they lose fast several dozens hours of harvest and of building
if it was possible to have several savegame on the same part it would be possible to come back rear without having to lose everything because of your errors

In summary: give up scattering, topping up elements and ending what you began

Comments

• LagiacrusLagiacrus USA Join Date: 2015-04-15 Member: 203475Members
    Although I agree that UWE should go more 'in-depth' with factors before moving on, It is rather pointless to pose it as a poll where players can either agree with you or choose a snide sounding secondary option. Perhaps better results could be achieved by inviting us to agree or disagree with you. Then, you can persuade players to see from your point of view, and maybe point out some facts that you may have missed.
  • ZergonuzZergonuz USA Join Date: 2015-04-08 Member: 203114Members
    I think a major reason for branching off into many different elements is to ensure they all work cohesively together. Additionally, working on many different elements at once lets them have the maximum input/feel for the game and generating ideas on how it should work. If you are missing huge parts of the game, how do you know if they are a good idea that fit into the atmosphere of the game?

You can't get a feel for how all the elements will come together if they aren't there in the first place.
  • PhalaguimPhalaguim Scotland Join Date: 2015-04-06 Member: 203026Members
    It's not just that, imagine working on something yourself, something that takes longer than a day.. you begin it then put it aside, then pick it up the next day.. and so on until complete. Sure there's much more that needs done, but there's also other items that need to fixed, created or edited now. So it isn't possible to just keep making more of something for one thing, there's other tasks needing completed.

As for the allegedly buggy cyclops and seamoth.. I've never had any issues with either. I guess the problem there is a picnic. But then, given your post.. that's obvious anyway.

Problem In Chair Not In Computer - picnic.
  • SeldkamSeldkam Join Date: 2014-01-01 Member: 191213Members
    Lol I don't think op has much experience with making games XP
  • simusimu Join Date: 2015-03-03 Member: 201680Members
    Zarr.be wrote: »
    finish what you begin!!!
    In summary: give up scattering, topping up elements and ending what you began

remember that Subnautica is still early access - obviously it is not finished!
    And don't also forget there is not just one developer working on it - there are surely more than one issue/topic being worked on. It probably would not be very efficient and feasible if they all worked on the same issue.

On the other side, it is more than nice to be able to enjoy the game despite it being finished!

So, missing the third option of the Poll:
    - continue doing such a great job: finish some topics AND continue letting us try new ones!
    Phalaguim wrote: »
    As for the allegedly buggy cyclops and seamoth.. I've never had any issues with either.
    by that logic it is a valid proof that something is unbreakable if I let it fall down (once) and it does not break!
    Zarr.be is probably playing the experimental branch; I had lot of bugs concerning seamoth and cyclops... and sure not only me, seen at least one youtuber with similar problem - but that was expected, it is the experimental branch [:-)
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    edited April 2015
    That's a really silly workflow you're proposing: that they should completely finish off and polish up tiny pieces of the game before even getting started on the larger whole. Remember, this game is early access, which means they are still actively working on the game; not simply adding new content now and then, but building the entire game as a whole. I don't think any of the devs have declared any piece of the game "finished" yet.
  • RatskroneRatskrone DE Join Date: 2015-04-05 Member: 203005Members
    Zarr.be wrote: »
    Without speaking about the system of unique savegame which is stupid, with a game also boguer, they lose fast several dozens hours of harvest and of building. if it was possible to have several savegame on the same part it would be possible to...
    simu wrote: »
    Zarr.be is probably playing the experimental branch...

Guess not. The experimental branch already provides multiple savegame slots.

• BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    SteveRock wrote: »
    at this stage in a game development cycle, you need to experiment. you cannot be locked to just polishing and bug fixing, because you may be polishing a turd. and you don't know that unless you experiment more. so yeah, it can seem a little aimless. it's just the nature of R&D.

but believe me, UWE is working hard to fix those save/load bugs. we know those are frustrating, and there's no question that save/load is important, so we do prioritize them. please try the latest update and see if these bugs still persist. we fixed a lot of known issues.

if you ever lose something, remember, you can always use cheats to get it back!

BAM!