My Game chrash when the world load

SuperSultanSuperSultan Join Date: 2015-02-18 Member: 201421Members
Hello people,
now my problem. when i load the world the game crash after 2 min. when anyone help me i need this help

Comments

• shadowguy425shadowguy425 ephrata PA Join Date: 2015-02-18 Member: 201425Members
    i have the same problem :/ hope they fix that
  • SukriNSukriN Michigan Join Date: 2015-02-16 Member: 201390Members
    edited February 2015
    Im in the same situation. Can any dev tell me the best way to send the error folder to them?
    Although, my game crashes while loading the world. gets up to 120~ seconds, then says too many heaps.
  • AlvegaAlvega Brasil Join Date: 2015-02-19 Member: 201430Members
    Same problem here after updating to experimental build.
  • tsunam1tsunam1 Canada Join Date: 2014-10-26 Member: 199145Members
    edited February 2015
    Same thing, using recommended graphics and the game crashes at about 74.95% loading. "Too many heap sections". Any ETA on fix? Do you need my crash report folder?
    edited February 2015
    There are lots of people with this problem here, on Steam forums and on Unity forum. It seems to be a problem with the memory management in Unity engine, as it happens with lots of other Unity games. Other developers (like the "The Forest" one) already fixed it with a patch. Hope we get a fix soon, because it's unplayable like this. Even if i start a new game instead of trying to use my saved game, it crashes after a couple hours.
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    Hey guys, can you please run dxdiag.exe (search windows for it) on your systems and hit the button 'save all information' in the bottom right. Save this file for later.

LHmLsSd.png

Then navigate to your Subnautica Folder in Steam (should be steamapps\common\Subnautica)

Open the Subnautica_Data folder and grab a copy of output_log.txt

PJAwuF0.png

Upload all the text of these to something like http://pastebin.com/ and post the links to them with your forum posts.

These 2 files will GREATLY help us in tracking down issues with Subnautica. Thanks!
  • LumpNLumpN Join Date: 2002-10-30 Member: 1725Members, Subnautica Developer
    Thanks Obraxis. You're the man!

We are trying to reproduce the error but so far no luck. Please make sure to include information on whether you started a new game or loaded a saved game, and what quality settings you are running the game on.
    Alvega wrote: »

Thanks for the log. Unfortunately it is inconclusive. The game ran out of memory when it hit the 4gb barrier. That should not happen after a few minutes of play. We'll investigate the issue.
    edited February 2015
    Hi LumpN, the crash was not after a few minutes of play, it was after a couple hours.
    The other crash i have (that doesn't allow to play any minute) is a crash on loading the world if i try to use a saved game from the regular version on the experimental version. If i don't use this saved game and just create a new game, the game crashes after a couple hours. Shouldn't happen because i use Windows 7 64 bit and 8GB of RAM.
  • SENB71SENB71 USA Join Date: 2015-02-20 Member: 201455Members
    edited February 2015
    I'm getting a too many heaps crash as well I can't load my save game as a result.

Error logs attached.

(Edit I am running windows 8 64 bit with 8 GB of RAM )
  • tsunam1tsunam1 Canada Join Date: 2014-10-26 Member: 199145Members
    I think it should be assumed that saves will break alot during development as it does for other games. Thank God (UWE) for console commands :D. Haven't tried a fresh start yet. Will give feedback soon.
    Hi LumpN, the crash was not after a few minutes of play, it was after a couple hours.
    The other crash i have (that doesn't allow to play any minute) is a crash on loading the world if i try to use a saved game from the regular version on the experimental version. If i don't use this saved game and just create a new game, the game crashes after a couple hours. Shouldn't happen because i use Windows 7 64 bit and 8GB of RAM.

Unfortunately Unity does not support 64bit yet. That is why we are limited to 4GB for now. It is "normal" to have the game run out of memory after a couple of hours. Of course we are not proud of it and one day we are going to improve that but our team is small and for now we think adding content is more important.

That said the game should not crash before the 1 hour mark unless you use console cheats. If it does please provide the mentioned information (dxdiag, crashlog, description of what you did) to us so we can look into the issue.
  • mergingapollomergingapollo USA Join Date: 2015-02-25 Member: 201559Members
    Hello, I cannot find where on this website I can simply put my crash files in, so here are what I can put into the forums. My game crashes before it even launches and gives me these bug reports. The reports say "It would be great if you'd send it to the developer of the game!" so here it is because whatever contact system that is in place is almost impossible to find. there are two other files in each bug folder, but I can only upload these two. Hope you can figure it out, and if there is a better place for me to report these besides the ingame report system (Which I do not have access to since the game won't even open) then please tell me. Thank you.
  • SteveRockSteveRock Join Date: 2012-10-01 Member: 161215Members, NS2 Developer, Subnautica Developer
    LumpN wrote: »

Unfortunately Unity does not support 64bit yet. That is why we are limited to 4GB for now. It is "normal" to have the game run out of memory after a couple of hours. Of course we are not proud of it and one day we are going to improve that but our team is small and for now we think adding content is more important.

That said the game should not crash before the 1 hour mark unless you use console cheats. If it does please provide the mentioned information (dxdiag, crashlog, description of what you did) to us so we can look into the issue.

not entirely accurate, but in spirit yes :)
  • Juggernaut1945Juggernaut1945 Join Date: 2015-03-08 Member: 201815Members
    What can I do? I bought the game, but cannot even play.
  • SteveRockSteveRock Join Date: 2012-10-01 Member: 161215Members, NS2 Developer, Subnautica Developer
    hmm it says you only have 128mb of VRAM. Is that accurate? If so, this definitely does not meet our minimum spec. Sorry :(
  • kevinchapmankevinchapman CT, usa Join Date: 2015-01-24 Member: 201034Members
    Hello, Firstly I think your game is great.... after the last couple updates however I have not been able to play my game due to "to many heap" error. I have not tried to play a game from scratch yet. hoping a new update will correct this. my PC is fully loaded and has played your game up to now of full resolution perfectly. do you think I have to abandon my previous save game or will as I previously stated, a future update correct this issue?
  • Gr4pheneGr4phene Germany Join Date: 2015-03-05 Member: 201731Members
    Hello, Firstly I think your game is great.... after the last couple updates however I have not been able to play my game due to "to many heap" error. I have not tried to play a game from scratch yet. hoping a new update will correct this. my PC is fully loaded and has played your game up to now of full resolution perfectly. do you think I have to abandon my previous save game or will as I previously stated, a future update correct this issue?

If you can't play the Experimental version (like many others), you can always revert to the stable version by disabling beta versions in Steam. The stable version doesn't contain the newest stuff, but at least you can play it without worries.

ok this is a bug we're looking into right now. hopefully will be fixed before the update today
  • kevinchapmankevinchapman CT, usa Join Date: 2015-01-24 Member: 201034Members
    :D Thanks guys so much for looking into this and getting back to me promptly. I have a lot of respect for you and the game you have created here. Thanks again and I look forward to the new content you produce.
    yeah please try the latest experimental. should be fixed.
  • charly191charly191 Россия Join Date: 2015-03-11 Member: 201998Members
    please: help in Chom problem
  • charly191charly191 Россия Join Date: 2015-03-11 Member: 201998Members
    please: help in Chom problem can not understand
  • AaronStoneBladeTAaronStoneBladeT United States Join Date: 2015-03-12 Member: 202045Members
    I just got the game yesterday and i was really looking forward to playing it today but whenever i go to start a new game it crashes doing the loading screen. any way to fix this problem
  • WhyWontItWorkWhyWontItWork denmark Join Date: 2015-03-12 Member: 202050Members
    Plz fix it!! really wonna start playing!!
  • AaronStoneBladeTAaronStoneBladeT United States Join Date: 2015-03-12 Member: 202045Members
    I didn't how to do this LumpN but here it is the files you asked for
    Could you guys give us an quick update on how much longer do we have to wait?
  • Gr4pheneGr4phene Germany Join Date: 2015-03-05 Member: 201731Members
    For me everything works fine in the newest build, no crashes anymore and loading a saved game finally works too! Seabases come along nicely too after the weird behavior of two days ago. So looking forward to playing again this weekend!
    Even still the update did not help my game. :(