[Patch 269 + 270] HELP ME (WindowXP SP3) !!!! Black Screen after click Play , cant do anything

1235»

Comments

• ZeroEarThZeroEarTh Singapore Join Date: 2014-07-01 Member: 197126Members
    I need help with 32 bit , now you say im must switch to another OS ?????

I cant switch , thats why i need developers help for low-end PC that running WindowsXP SP3 32bit
  • ATFATF Join Date: 2014-05-09 Member: 195944Members
    What's stopping you?
    Normally its kind of when you play with friends in Asia , you allways go to internet cafe , and play there

And in threre they DeepFrezee their PC , only use windowXP 32 bit SP3 >> Thats why
  • METROIDMETROID Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165171Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Mmm, so you're willing to help the asians who play ns2 from inetcafe with winxp, am I right?
    METROID wrote: »
    Mmm, so you're willing to help the asians who play ns2 from inetcafe with winxp, am I right?

just want this game become popular , beside i have PC at home too

but when LAN party or if you want high-bandwith internet >> in Asia they often go to cyber Cafe
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    We're now certain it's not a '32bit' issue. NS2 has been tested & works fine in Windows Vista 32bit with just 2GB RAM. Which means the problem is specific to Windows XP 32bit.
  • antd00dantd00d Join Date: 2013-03-04 Member: 183665Members
    Obraxis wrote: »
    We're now certain it's not a '32bit' issue. NS2 has been tested & works fine in Windows Vista 32bit with just 2GB RAM. Which means the problem is specific to Windows XP 32bit.
    Cool! :)
    edited December 2014
    Tested on my friend PC Windows 7 >> game can run but have Fatal Error after 2 -3 map change

32 bit OS still have problem bro , not cool with it !
    57413FA6B006073CD830D29DEBE02D643BC1EAFA

• IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    @ZeroEarTh‌
    Like you posted before, that is a separate issue, and it deserves its own separate thread.
    ZeroEarTh wrote: »
    Update : Windows 7 not work either , only pass blackscreen , then on my buddy PC im trying install NS2
    Play 1-2 round , each round about 15 min >> Crash Fatal error every single time
    This thread is about "XP sp3 black screen after clicking play"

p.s. tell your buddy to upgrade to 64 bit, it's free and there's no reason not to.
    IronHorse wrote: »
    @ZeroEarTh‌
    Like you posted before, that is a separate issue, and it deserves its own separate thread.
    Update : Windows 7 not work either , only pass blackscreen , then on my buddy PC im trying install NS2
    Play 1-2 round , each round about 15 min >> Crash Fatal error every single time
    This thread is about "XP sp3 black screen after clicking play"

p.s. tell your buddy to upgrade to 64 bit, it's free and there's no reason not to.

But he using for work too , his family sharing same PC so i cant install anything overwritten on his HDD

antd00d wrote: »
    Cool! :)
    Did b272 fix this issue? I didn't see it listed in http://unknownworlds.com/ns2/build-272-live-steam/ web page? I assume no? :(
    NOPE
    I thought so. I wonder what's the status on its fix if any.
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    edited December 2014
    As I have said in another thread, we are still working on 32bit XP, more info will be given in the future when we have some. Reminder that 32bit Vista and 64bit XP does work fine, it's specifically a 32bit XP issue we're trying to fix.

Our limited programming time especially around this time of year has meant we've focused on bringing more FPS and a better NS2 experience to the 96% of people who are running a modern Operating System. We do have programmers on the volunteer Community Development Team assigned to working on the XP problem, and they are still working on the problem.

When you can't buy the OS anymore, the fact it doesn't run on modern hardware and drivers are not longer updated, it becomes very difficult as a software developer keeping a modern piece of software (which is receiving regular updates) working. We will however, endeavor to try and fix NS2 for those who it is not working.
    As I have said in another thread, we are still working on 32bit XP, more info will be given in the future when we have some. Reminder that 32bit Vista and 64bit XP does work fine, it's specifically a 32bit XP issue we're trying to fix.

Our limited programming time especially around this time of year has meant we've focused on bringing more FPS and a better NS2 experience to the 96% of people who are running a modern Operating System. We do have programmers on the volunteer Community Development Team assigned to working on the XP problem, and they are still working on the problem.

When you can't buy the OS anymore, the fact it doesn't run on modern hardware and drivers are not longer updated, it becomes very difficult as a software developer keeping a modern piece of software (which is receiving regular updates) working. We will however, endeavor to try and fix NS2 for those who it is not working.
    Thanks! Maybe you can find old PCs are still running with updated Windows XP SP3?

edited December 2014
    Still working .....

10 years later >>> NS2 fans play WinXP : " Have we getting old guys ? NS3 about launch on Steam ^^"

Just kidding :) I love the new Christmast Update with snow ^
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    I love the new Christmast Update with snow ^
    How could you know there was snow in the new update if you can't run it on your toaster XP 32 bit OS???

BUSTED!

hehe I couldn't help myself, <3 Zeroearth .. hang in there buddy
    >:D<
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRDD5JsBBTPNjzWoju3Y2u0pyE6KRKpSG2xRRniW5i6eSD-4Cozuw

Cant play NS2 anymore

Use it for BBQ Christmast :)
    edited February 2015
    Any updates on this? I cannot seem to load any maps in 274. :(
    Yes @antd00d it should be fixed. Others don't seem to have issue.
    Try verifying your files through steam, and as always supply your techsupport.exe generated zip file if you are having issues.
    IronHorse wrote: »
    Yes @antd00d it should be fixed. Others don't seem to have issue.
    Try verifying your files through steam, and as always supply your techsupport.exe generated zip file if you are having issues.
    Thanks. I will start a new thread. Just wanted to check. :)
  • Perman12Perman12 Campuchia Join Date: 2015-01-31 Member: 201130Members
    dont worry i have same problem , and i have post new topic help developers fix your problem (32bit too) :D
    Perman12 wrote: »
    dont worry i have same problem , and i have post new topic help developers fix your problem (32bit too) :D
    Where is it? Please post the URL?

FYI, I don't have a black screen problem. I just have a load map problem since 512 of VRAM isn't enough. Weird that it used to work!