Custom map playtest sessions

Comments

• MouseMouse The Lighter Side of Pessimism Join Date: 2002-03-02 Member: 263Members, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Could you add fusion to the playlist? It's been a while since I've had any feedback on how it plays.
  • ZavaroZavaro Tucson, Arizona Join Date: 2005-02-14 Member: 41174Members, Super Administrators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    I would love it if you guys played Nyx. It's made by Malpractice. It's had some preliminary testing, but I'd love it if you guys could run it for a round or two.
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    Zavaro wrote: »
    I would love it if you guys played Nyx. It's made by Malpractice. It's had some preliminary testing, but I'd love it if you guys could run it for a round or two.

Whoa this one came out of nowhere. Hadn't even heard of this one before. You should make a thread here in the forums for this map, so people have somewhere to provide feedback... and you know... so people know it exists, haha! :)
  • deathshrouddeathshroud Join Date: 2010-04-10 Member: 71291Members
    edited November 2014
    i have had a run around nyx, even though it is a greybox it is an interesting and well planned layout. The only issue which jumps out at me is that some of the res nodes are abit tight. Not enough room around them for skulks let alone an onos.

i hoped to test it last sunday on the crafter collective but the map wasnt working on that day.
  • troopstroops Wales Join Date: 2003-02-17 Member: 13664Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    Hello everyone, quick update for tonight what we're testing tonight.

nyx
    fusion
    mineral
    forge
    uplift

We will see what else we can fit in too.

But i'd also like to talk about maybe fitting in another night not testing but maybe just a game night for us to run around and just play stable maps and giving more feedback. What do people think of this idea? When we do plan on playing maps we do send a message out from the group but if we get a day/time down im sure we'll get loads of people showing up.
  • MauvaisVitrierMauvaisVitrier France Join Date: 2014-04-10 Member: 195291Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond
    I hope to be more present for these sessions in the future. They're really fun and everyone is nice
    add hydra to the list please as well im working on an upate should be done for the testing
  • ZavaroZavaro Tucson, Arizona Join Date: 2005-02-14 Member: 41174Members, Super Administrators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    edited November 2014
    I am forever in your debts, dudes. If you guys could, I'd love some feedback. I'll try to be there next time it runs, but it's been a doozy of a holiday. I hope it can run next week, as it's being regularly updated.

Thanks!
  • MouseMouse The Lighter Side of Pessimism Join Date: 2002-03-02 Member: 263Members, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    It'd be great if I could get some feedback too. It's annoying being on the wrong side of the world to take part in this testing.
  • troopstroops Wales Join Date: 2003-02-17 Member: 13664Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    Hey everyone, we had a little server problem last week(all sorted now) I should have really updated on here but i was busy all week and couldn't plan a makeup night.

So we're back for tonight! I'll send out the event half an hour before so everyone can join mumble and we can get sorted.

We have a lot to test tonight and we can't get to them all sorry! But we will play what we couldnt this week next week(Please bug me if i forget!)

caged
    hydra
    nyx
    uplift
    derelict
    mineral

We will also only be running one round on each with extra round played later(some mappers can't stay for all games)

Any questions please speak to me on steam of Flat.
  • MauvaisVitrierMauvaisVitrier France Join Date: 2014-04-10 Member: 195291Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond
    S'up guys ? what's tonight's programm ?
    Tonight we're going to have a Caged heavy night - Flat has change up a few areas and we really need to give them a proper testing so i want to try and get 3-4 games with all aliens spawns used. We will have other maps after, but tonight is SCC Caged MAtch!!
    Yeah I talked to Flat about that, he told me "Troops wants an All-Caged nigh" :D
    Looking forward to this, I'll make sure to record that stuff. Would be cool to keep the same teams when we swap sides. Maybe a captain's pick to make thing more interesting, if you think that's feasible. To have more balanced teams. Well I guess we'll see about that tonight !
  • [AwE]Sentinel[AwE]Sentinel Join Date: 2012-06-05 Member: 152949Members
    edited January 2015
    Can't join the server: unable to install/download mod "caged" and "ns2c".

edit: i bet it is the workshop :/
  • FlaterectomyFlaterectomy Netherlandistan Join Date: 2005-02-03 Member: 39643Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    Yeah, various people had trouble connecting. Not entirely certain what happened.
  • PelargirPelargir Join Date: 2013-07-02 Member: 185857Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Forum staff
    Yeah, various people had trouble connecting. Not entirely certain what happened.

Steam wasn't even able to identify the server you were playing on preventing me to connect and enjoy the session...
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    I thought I should post this here, too...

• AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES! FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS! Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
    I assume the profile shoutouts is you changing your DPI?
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    AurOn2 wrote: »
    I assume the profile shoutouts is you changing your DPI?

Yes. 2000 for commanding (Windows default) and 8200 for playing (ingame sensitivity of 1.05).
  • Anti_BosonAnti_Boson Join Date: 2013-07-03 Member: 185878Members
    Is this just for mappers, or can you test art assets as well?
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    Anti_Boson wrote: »
    Is this just for mappers, or can you test art assets as well?

It's really more geared towards custom maps, but in the past we've also tested Combat maps, as well as the entire Skulks with Shotguns mod. I'm sure we wouldn't mind testing art assets... but what does that mean? How does one test an art asset? Have you made a custom weapon or player model or something? :)
    I've got a few new weapon models (both marine and alien), but I'm more interested in feed back and testing of prop assets; make sure the animations work correct in-game and the collision geometry is correct, and the art theme itself fits with the ns2 lore. Might be easier to get with a mapper though?
    Anti_Boson wrote: »
    I've got a few new weapon models (both marine and alien), but I'm more interested in feed back and testing of prop assets; make sure the animations work correct in-game and the collision geometry is correct, and the art theme itself fits with the ns2 lore. Might be easier to get with a mapper though?

Alien... weapons? I'm intrigued. :)

Most of the time during SCC, we're trying to get as many games played as possible, and this really doesn't strike me as something that requires time that could otherwise be spent getting some games in.

As far as if the art theme fits in with the ns2 lore, you could always post up a video here if you want feedback on it.

To make sure an animated prop works in-game, all you need to do is open it in viewer and check all your animations. For collision, you could just drop it in an empty map and run around on it. Shouldn't take more than 5 minutes, really.

I don't want to come off as disinterested, I really am (interested, that is). It's just that it's difficult enough for SCC to keep the servers populated and playing games on Sundays. Not only that, but I think we could get you some better feedback outside of SCC.

I'm pretty busy at the moment, but if you send that stuff along I could probably take a quick peek at it.
    No worries, I figured as much :)
  • killer monkeykiller monkey Join Date: 2010-02-26 Member: 70743Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited January 2015
    I got really interested in mapping again a few days ago, probably gonna start showing up to testing more often now.
    both hydra and forge could do with a testing next session
    Nyx has been updated. We recently did a high level pick up game on it, and it turned out pretty good. Enclave, Feeding and Green Path have all been changed significantly for more interesting combat.
  • MephillesMephilles Germany Join Date: 2013-08-07 Member: 186634Members, NS2 Map Tester, NS2 Community Developer
    could we go for a playtest on docking2 aswell? I won't be able to participate again since I have to do on sunday, but any feedback (or a recording?) would be great
  • [AwE]Sentinel[AwE]Sentinel Join Date: 2012-06-05 Member: 152949Members
    Do you get red plugs and rubber-banding if you create a server and test your map? I get it on every map I test now and connection & steam works just fine o.O
  • UncleCrunchUncleCrunch Mayonnaise land Join Date: 2005-02-16 Member: 41365Members, Reinforced - Onos
    Do you get red plugs and rubber-banding if you create a server and test your map? I get it on every map I test now and connection & steam works just fine o.O

If you are using bots; it can be. I felt a little slowed down with latest build. Especially when killing a TechPoint.
    Check out the mods you are using... but i think i don't need to say that, isn't it?